Helpful ReplyMonthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine...

Author
Rain
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9736
2014/04/16 23:55:23 (permalink)

Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine...

5 months yesterday...

I did look them up a bit on the internet to see if any other owners were experiencing so quick a natural relic-ing process - looks like there's no competition. :/

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/17 07:06:19 (permalink)
That's just the mark of a well-played guitar Rain!  I'm sure I've shown this pic before, but this is Walter Trout's '59 Strat that used to be Artic White!  Not anymore!  I had the rare chance to change a string he broke.  I tell ya, this is one guitar that if you saw it leaning up against a trashcan you might think it belonged there - but, damn, does it sound nice!

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/17 12:41:37 (permalink)
Maybe, in hindsight, the sandpaper shirts were a mistake?

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/17 12:43:00 (permalink)
he's only been playing it for 3 weeks...

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/17 15:48:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2014/04/17 18:21:43
We've seen the pics - about time we heard it.

ps. did you know that the strings are on upside down ?
Rain
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/17 15:59:12 (permalink)
paulo

I posted a little video a few days after I received it - nothing fancy, just me warming up to one of those Hendrix songs I love to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jZQhGL_CmY

As for the sandpaper shirt - lol. The studio is the warmest room in the house, I guess partly due to the fact that it's above the garage, which obviously doesn't have AC. I never wear a shirt - except for such little vids. So the relic-ing is all caused by direct skin exposure.

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/17 17:40:43 (permalink)

Best 'relic' ever  
Worst 'copy' of the best relic, ever  

Sorry Fender, but that's a major fail

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

UbiquitousBubba
  • Total Posts : 8912
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/18 08:51:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2014/04/18 16:56:28

I heard that Neil Young used this for the lead on Cinnamon Girl.
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/18 12:34:47 (permalink)
Rain
paulo

I posted a little video a few days after I received it - nothing fancy, just me warming up to one of those Hendrix songs I love to play.

Yeah, I saw that. I meant in terms of a finished production. You've played it so much that you've worn the finish off, so you've gotta have more than that by now and if there's anyone in here who has enough time on their hands to actually finish something..........well............you probably see him in the mirror a lot.........

......not that I'm saying you look in the mirror a lot, just that he's probably looking back at ya on when you do.;)
Moshkiae
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6111
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/18 13:23:03 (permalink)
Hi,

Check out Mike Howlett's Bass!

http://www.pedrosena.com/photos.htm

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Rain
Re: Monthly update from your pal, the human relic'ing machine... 2014/04/18 15:06:20 (permalink)
paulo
Rain
paulo

Yeah, I saw that. I meant in terms of a finished production. You've played it so much that you've worn the finish off, so you've gotta have more than that by now and if there's anyone in here who has enough time on their hands to actually finish something..........well............you probably see him in the mirror a lot.........

......not that I'm saying you look in the mirror a lot, just that he's probably looking back at ya on when you do.;)

In terms of finished production, this will definitely require some more time. I did complete a few demos for my wife but we're still working out arrangements and furthermore, with her doing 10 shows a week, she has to rest her voice when she's off. That's something we can potentially work on during her vacation.

As for my own projects - there's actually very little guitar in my own music. It's closer to Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode than anything guitar-oriented. And admittedly, I have procrastinated on that front, especial since my latest OS upgrade, which seems to have impacted on my DAW quite a bit. It becomes harder to work on those more demanding projects.

For almost 15 years, the only times I picked the guitar was when I had to record something. I never just played. In fact, I didn't pick it up for months, maybe even a full year here and there. It's nice to do the opposite for a change, and these days, I'm happy to spend time trying to improve my playing and to learn techniques I'd never considered in the past. Likewise, I'm hoping to get back to the nylon soon and start studying classical guitar again. 

There's so much music out there, and so much bad music at that, that I don't see the point in me piling up more crap on top of it just for the sake of it. :P

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1