If I did..

Author
spacey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8769
2014/04/19 05:09:15 (permalink)

If I did..

want to spend some coins on sound then it would be on this .

18 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 07:48:33 (permalink)

That looks like a nice bit of gear Mike.

Listening to the audio samples and the examples the guy dials in on the YT video, it certainly does seem to do wonders at the cleaner end of the spectrum. I'm not so sure on the heavier settings though, although obviously it's difficult to really appreciate its capabilities without playing around with one.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

spacey
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 08:27:24 (permalink)
    I think you hit it on the head Steve. Getting a chance to play with it...
    All the years I gigged there were effects that I never was fully pleased with. The good side was
    there were always other guitarist I played with that loved me not liking them because I'd dump
    them on them LOL.
    I did like MXR but never found a compressor that I could keep in-line.
    I would really enjoy checking this one out.
    drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 11:56:59 (permalink)
    Looks nice!

This link is a "bass centric" site, but if you want independent reviews of compressor pedals it is the place to go:

http://www.ovnilab.com/

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 12:10:58 (permalink)
    Good to see back here Michael.

Hope you're doing well my friend.
    Old55
    • Total Posts : 19791
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 13:07:28 (permalink)
    Indeed.  What Bapu said.  

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
    spacey
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 13:48:02 (permalink)
    Thank you Ed and Jan.

I'm still having a trip recovering and will see the surgeon 5-21. He will then decide to
    replace the missing section of my skull or whatever.

My wife has filled me in on what happened or what is known to have happened...
    On 3-15 while taking a shower I got a massive headache- Monday I missed work and then managed to
    make it the rest of the week. Sunday I knew something was bad wrong and went to the emergency room.
    They performed a CT and air-lifted me to Little Rock where they performed two operations on my brain pan.
    I was there for 8 days although I really don't remember most of it.

All those folks thought I had been in an accident which had caused bleeding on both sides of my brain. I have no
    idea why it happened...and neither does the surgeon.

I really regret not being able to do some recording with Ed but very glad I can still play.
    If I've suffered any mental damage I'm not certain...I mean how does one know what they may not remember?
    I do know that my balance and sense of time is way off...but not sense of musical timing- I just can't seem to
    handle playing for more than a few minutes but I feel I'm getting better every day but I'm surprised how slow the process seems to be.

Maybe Bubba is right...maybe super powers helped me survive LOL.

Oh...thanks Drew I'll check it out.

kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 14:14:51 (permalink)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WOW Ouch ……………I'm glad to see you are still with us Michael …….hang in there 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

drewfx1
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 14:19:12 (permalink)
    Good to see you back and doing better. I wasn't aware that you had, shall we say, an incident.

I've (unfortunately) learned over the years that it's better to risk going to the doctor "too soon" than just "letting it work itself out" as you get older. Glad you're OK.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
    spacey
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 14:29:19 (permalink)
    kennywtelejazz
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WOW Ouch ……………I'm glad to see you are still with us Michael …….hang in there 

Kenny

Thanks Kenny. I haven't posted much but sure enjoyed you video. I had horses when I was younger.
    drewfx1
    Good to see you back and doing better. I wasn't aware that you had, shall we say, an incident.

I've (unfortunately) learned over the years that it's better to risk going to the doctor "too soon" than just "letting it work itself out" as you get older. Glad you're OK.

I agree Drew. I had gone to my doc the Monday I was off work and without any tests I was told to stop taking a medication that she thought I was having an alergic reaction to and to see her in a week. She is no longer my doctor.

The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 14:40:02 (permalink)
    Hi Spacey,
     I hadn't heard about this. Please accept my best wishes and hopes for a complete recovery.

best,
    mike

drewfx1
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 14:54:38 (permalink)
    spacey
    drewfx1

I agree Drew. I had gone to my doc the Monday I was off work and without any tests I was told to stop taking a medication that she thought I was having an alergic reaction to and to see her in a week. She is no longer my doctor.

In my case, several years back I was working on my tractor and thought I had pulled a muscle or something in my calf. But it didn't get better.

After several weeks I had a doctor's appointment anyway, so told her about it. She's good with this kind of thing and tells me move my foot and leg in various ways and says, "If you tore something you wouldn't be able to do that". She was pretty sure what it was so she called ahead and got me an emergency appointment with the radiology people and told me to call her as soon as I got done there. Sure enough, it was a blood clot and she got me in the hospital later that afternoon.

Turns out that if a clot breaks free and goes to your lung you have like a 30% chance of dying or something like that. 

And I was walking around on it for like 6 weeks.

Oops.

craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 14:57:21 (permalink)
    Yikes!  I had no idea anything had happened to you Michael.  Hope everything's "wired" correctly up there now. 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 15:02:50 (permalink)
    Michael, I had no idea about all this. My best best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    spacey
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 15:07:51 (permalink)
    mike_mccue
    Hi Spacey,
     I hadn't heard about this. Please accept my best wishes and hopes for a complete recovery.

best,
    mike

Thank you Mike. I haven't mentioned until now. I wouldn't have said anything because I'm not
    certain about anything...but I wanted to say thanks to Ed and Jan and decided to explain...as Ed did know.

Well your advice is solid Drew. One should get to the pro's.
    I sure don't mean to sound like I'm bad mouthing my old doc. Sometimes things just don't work out and it's time
    to move along and that's all it was to me. 

The cool side is I was wearing a guitar t-shirt to my first visit with my new doc and he is big into guitars. It got him talking so much about guitars with me that he forgot I was there to get staples removed...lol...my wife reminded us.

Thanks Craig and James. I guess we were posting at the same time.

yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/19 15:44:10 (permalink)
    I'm another one just now finding out about this...all the best ol pal. Geeze. I'm so glad they got you up here and you're doing better. If I'd known you were here I would have come over and pestered both you and the nurses. Honest. Of course you probably wouldn't remember.

Unless I pestered really hard.

Stay strong.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/26 14:33:44 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear this, I have been a little involved in other things myself, I know a little about head injuries having fractured my skull when I was 19.  I really wish you well.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    spacey
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/26 18:44:21 (permalink)
    Myolpal....you're right, I probably wouldn't have remembered much. I hope when we
    do meet we have some guitars anyway...but from what I remember all the folks there
    were wonderful people.

Thanks John. Well we're two that know that once is more than enough of that.

Sorry the thread went this direction...I'm doing fine and appreciate the well wishes.

yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re: If I did.. 2014/04/26 21:40:06 (permalink)
    Got plenty for us ol pal...come on up when you're ready for an excursion. I'll cook you one fine damn dinner out on the deck.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1