Helpful ReplyThe Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
jkoseattle
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 556
2014/04/14 21:15:15 (permalink)

The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs

Not strictly a Sonar-specific question, but sort of. If there is a forum that would be more appropriate, please let me know.

I've been told I'm doing this "wrong", though my results are satisfactory to me. But I want to learn it right, especially since now in X3 it probably behaves differently. 

Let's say I have a vocal track that I want to sound like it's in a cathedral. Because eventually I will have more cathedral tracks, I decide to put the effects into a bus instead of the track's effects bin. I create a bus called CATHEDRAL. I set the vocal track's output to CATHEDRAL. I put some effects into the bus, and everything is going swimmingly. 

Later I add a few more tracks add route them to the same bus. I can turn the bus level up and down and it affects the levels of all the tracks routing to it. Perfect!

Now... I'm told this is wrong. I'm not sure I understand what is wrong about it. I think it has something to do with lacking control over how much of the signal remains dry and how much goes through the bus. I've always been happy just setting that dry-wet mix in the effects themselves, but again, this is apparently wrong. Which is where I get confused and shut down and keep on doing things this apparently wrong way.

But there are sliders for input, output, gain, send, and one quaintly still called "volume". Is there an easy way to explain this confusery?
-----------------------------
Second question, even less to do with Sonar, even more likely to be more appropriate elsewhere, suggestions for a better forum are welcome. I probably need to join a forum specific to audio engineering techniques, as I have a lot of effects I will need to achieve. Recommendations? (One of my album reviews said "Jim knows every rock-pop production trick in the book" which amuses me no end because I don't know ANY tricks in the book.)

For this song, I want to mimic a huge arena concert sound, specifically with someone announcing over the PA "And now, ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to present..." Any specific EQ and reverb settings that might work for this effect?

rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/14 21:55:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mystic38 2014/04/16 10:21:19
jkoseattle...I decide to put the effects into a bus instead of the track's effects bin. I create a bus called CATHEDRAL. I set the vocal track's output to CATHEDRAL. I put some effects into the bus, and everything is going swimmingly...

I've set in bold the part which is "wrong," or at least unorthodox.  Later in your post you're saying you wish you had more control over wet/dry.  The problem is, you have the track signals going straight into that one reverb bus.  The only control you have over the reverb level for all the tracks is that one bus slider.  Here's the standard way of adding reverb to tracks, each with a different amount of reverb.

In a word - Sends.  You direct the tracks to your Master bus.  But you right click in the upper part of each channel strip to add a Send, and you choose the reverb bus for the Send's destination.  The default level will be 0DB - pretty much full.  Move the Sends down on all the tracks, then one by one, move their Sends up to a level that sounds good for each track on an individual basis.

You haven't changed the volume level of the tracks, you've just changed the wet/dry ratio with the Send knob.

That's the standard way to do it because it works great.  Your method is too limiting in what you can do with the reverb.  With Sends you can have some tracks way up in the face of listeners (dry) or lost in outer space (very wet).

Randy

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/14 23:22:35 (permalink)
Does the answer to this question fall within the terms of service for the forum? :-)

There are a lot of people in this forum who know a lot of tricks. I don't think many of the good ones will bite when you ask how should I set my verb or eq? Just click the 'make it sound good' button. It's new in X3. :-)

Seriously, you have to play around. Try different settings. Try re-ordering your FX. Come up with a mix you like then start over and do it again.

One of the tools I used a lot when learning 'Ins and Outs' was the Vintage Channel.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan07/articles/sonartech_0107.htm

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/14 23:59:47 (permalink)
You can certainly use a Cathedral bus to send all your tracks that need big reverb to - and they will get a good wash.  However, you won't have control of how much each of those tracks will get reverb - they all get the same.  And if you turn the backing vox up, for example to get more reverb on them, their relative volume to the other tracks goes up, as well as the reverbed backing vox.  As Randy sez above, if you put your reverb on a send (and set the reverb to %100 wet) you have control of the volume of the dry signal going out the channel to the mix and the amount going out to the reverb unit.  Usually, you will want more reverb on a backing vox than on a lead voice and this allows you to do it.  I hope that makes sense, but if you try it (lead and backing vocal) you'll see how useful this technique is.

Gain staging was easier to understand in the old analog days when most things had a knob on the soundboard and direct control over all the volume levels.  You could see and trace the sound.  Gain was a knob at the top of the channel (sound flows downhill like water) to set how much signal came into the track.  It flowed down through the sends where you could tap the sound off - like a faucet.  You could send this stream through the send knob (volume control) to - say - a reverb unit, which "return"ed the signal back to the board through the send return (which also had a volume control).  The reverb unit also had an input volume, and often a volume output.  Meanwhile, the untapped channel signal flowed through the eq to the channel fader.  This volume control went to master fader, as well as the send return(s).  It sounds complex, and is, but not that hard to wrap your head around.  You simply had to know to set all the volume in and outs to about 3/4 up for anything you wanted to hear, and you would get a solid but not overdriven signal (at least on pro equipment).  From there, you could finalize appropriate sound levels, usually using the channel faders.  Digital mimics this analog set up, and it gives you control over every aspect of the sound.

For arena sound, I'll leave it to others.
@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/15 00:03:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MetalTeK 2014/05/03 14:37:16
Sends are undoubtedly the best way to do it. Remember to set the reverb in the bus to 100% wet.

When you set up a send to a reverb bus, don't forget to consider the difference between making the send post-fader or pre-fader.

If you set the send as post-fader, then the amount of signal sent to the bus will always be proportional to the level of your volume fader. So for instance, if you set the send knob to -3.0dB and decide you like that ratio of wet/dry, moving the volume fader up and down on the track will maintain that ratio. Note that when you set it as post-fader, you can never achieve a 100% wet reverb sound. There will always be some dry signal. 

If you set the send as pre-fader, then the send knob will specify an absolute amount of signal to send to the reverb bus independent of the level of the volume fader. Using this method, you are able to turn the volume fader right down and still hear the 100% wet signal - the volume of which is controlled by the send knob.

So the difference between the two boils down to this: with post-fader sends, you control the wet/dry ratio with the send knob. With pre-fader sends, you can use either the send knob or the volume fader to control the wet/dry ratio. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
stickman393
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/15 00:25:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MetalTeK 2014/05/03 14:35:55
What you are doing is not "wrong". If it sounds good, then you're ok.
But it is not very flexible or adjustable - If you do things that way, eventually you'll find that adjustments in one area will affect the sound of other components and you'll probably get frustrated.
If this hasn't happened to you yet, you've been lucky.

There is a "standard" or "accepted" way to set up effect busses, stemming (ahem) from how hardware mixers were configured in the old days. It's been described by others in previous replies above.

Actually I'm surprised that no-one has linked to this cakewalk blog post yet:
Know Your Signal Flow in SONAR

Actually I prefer this diagram in the online documentation: Signal Flow
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/15 06:33:35 (permalink)
I agree with the idea that it is not wrong. I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want the whole signal processed in the buss Cathedral there is nothing wrong with that  way of doing it. If you want  a wet/dry mixing of the signal use a send. 

Best
John
neirbod
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 343
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/15 06:46:18 (permalink)
jkoseattleNow... I'm told this is wrong. I'm not sure I understand what is wrong about it. I think it has something to do with lacking control over how much of the signal remains dry and how much goes through the bus. I've always been happy just setting that dry-wet mix in the effects themselves, but again, this is apparently wrong.

Well this is wrong in the sense you don't seem to understand the limitations of your approach and the benefits of using sends. If you know that you want all the tracks to have the exact same amount of cathedral reverb then you are fine. If you want the flexibility at mix to add relatively more reverb to one track and less to the other you need to use a send.

As for a general audio engineering forum, try Gearslutz.com. Lots of info there.

-----------------
Windows 7 64
Sonar Platinum
Intel i7 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 mobo
RME UFX and UCX
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/16 22:46:04 (permalink)
Well OK! Nothin' but net for this troupe again! I'm all over sends now. I never really understood the difference between Sends and Buses before, and I still don't, but all I need to know to finally finish "We Are the Elders" I got from this thread. THANK YOU!!

Special shout out goes to sharke!

sharke
Buncha stuff about faders

Thank you, sharke. I finally got a chance to sit down with this today, brought these responses up, and your explanation of faders really really makes sense and helps a lot.

HOWEVER....

I have five vocal tracks. They all route through this Vocal Send. How do I edit the wet-dry mix for all five at once? I guess I do it at the Send itself, except I thought someone earlier said to leave the Send at 100%. Anyway, that's fine.

So if I want to control the master volume of all five tracks as a group, I still should route them to a different output, right? If that's right, ,it clarifies the difference between how Sends and Buses are used, but in Sonar they look exactly the same in that pane at the bottom. That seems confusing. Am I missing something critical here?

post edited by jkoseattle - 2014/04/16 22:59:55
rbowser
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/16 23:37:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MetalTeK 2014/05/03 14:35:38
jkoseattle
Well OK! Nothin' but net for this troupe again! I'm all over sends now. I never really understood the difference between Sends and Buses before, and I still don't...

Look at this screenshot.  I hid all but a few tracks so you can see what's going on.  Explanation below:

There are three background vocals.  BG - The bottom control determines where their signals are going.  The red arrow shows they're all going to a bus labeled "BG."  Notice the yellow circle at the top left.  The Sends haven't been activated.  But look at the circle on the right.  The Send on the BG bus has been activated (with a right click, I chose the Reverb bus for the destination of the Send) - I can control the volume of all the vocals with that one Bus slider.  I can control the amount of reverb with that one Send knob on the BG bus.

Both the Reverb and the BG buses are going to the Master which goes to the interface.

Randy

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
sharke
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 00:08:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MetalTeK 2014/05/03 14:35:19
Physically speaking, sends and buses are exactly the same thing. Sonar calls them buses, so in reality a send is just a bus that's being used for an effect send. Pro Tools calls them "aux tracks," which I guess avoids the confusion. So a bus is a bus, and a send is also a bus. 

In terms of usage, a "bus" bus is used to group tracks together. So you might route all of your drums to a drum bus or all of your guitars to a guitar bus. This way, not only can you control the volume of all of these tracks with one fader, but you can also apply effects to the whole group. For instance, you might use some gentle bus compression on a drum bus to "glue" the parts together. 

A send is just a bus that's being used as an FX return. So for instance, you might set up 3 different reverb sends to cover your whole project, e.g short ambiance, hall and plate. Or you might set up a couple different delay sends, e.g. slap delay and dotted eighths. 

It's worth remembering that you can send a bus to an FX return as well. Let's say you have a vocal bus which you're using to control the overall level of 5 vocal parts with one fader. If you require the same amount of reverb on all of these vocals, you can set up a send from the vocal bus to the reverb bus.

You don't have to leave the send level at 100%. You can set it how you like. Since you've (hopefully) set the wet/dry control on the reverb bus to 100%, setting the send level to 100% is going to give you a LOT of reverb (especially if you have a long reverb like church or cathedral) which may or may not be what you want. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
rbowser
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 00:39:21 (permalink)
sharke
Physically speaking, sends and buses are exactly the same thing. Sonar calls them buses, so in reality a send is just a bus...etc etc

lol--JKO's confusion called for some simple clarifications, so the screenshot will be helpful.  We're using Sonar - Sonar calls the knobs Sends, and the channel strips on the right Buses, so - it's helpful if we use the terms our program uses. 

Randy
post edited by rbowser - 2014/04/17 00:49:07

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
bvideo
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1707
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 10:31:27 (permalink)
Do you want the sound from the perspective of someone in the back of the cathedral? Then directing all the tracks' main outputs to an effects bus is fine. If you want to make your sound more intimate, or close up, the individual performer groups would be treated with their own reverb mixes.

Sometimes you need to change all levels at once, sometimes individually. One way to control that is by putting controls into groups so they are linked together. Then moving one of the controls moves them all together, but by holding the CTRL key, you can change just one of the controls without changing the others.
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 10:38:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Del 2014/04/17 12:39:46
Aside from terminology, sends and buses are not the same thing.

A bus is a stereo (or surround) channel to which audio can be routed. A send is one of the ways of routing something to a bus. The other way is via a track or bus output.

Not to be a pedant, but I think this is a distinction worth being clear about. A bus is an actual thing. Send and Output assignments are more like instructions.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 11:43:48 (permalink)
Sure, this makes sense, I can route all my vocals to a vocal bus and then route that bus through a send. Btw, for any IT geeks out there, bus management sounds a lot like Active Directory group management, doesn't it.

So right now, my vocal tracks are all routed through Vocal Send which has my reverb on it. The output is also Vocal Bus for each one. I should just route the Vocal Bus through the Vocal Send. Does that provide any CPU resource savings as well, just curious?

rbowser
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 11:56:53 (permalink)
jkoseattle...I can route all my vocals to a vocal bus and then route that bus through a send...I should just route the Vocal Bus through the Vocal Send. Does that provide any CPU resource savings?...

It saves power to use one reverb plugin for all those tracks, instead of a separate reverb instance for each one.

I think you have it straight now, but I pulled out your quote because you said "...route the vocal bus through the vocal send..." - Actually, as per the screenshot posted earlier, you're routing the vocal bus to the Master bus.  You're routing just a percentage of its signal through the reverb bus via the Send knob on that vocal bus.  You probably have it set up right now, your description was just inaccurate so wanted to be sure.

Randy

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
John
Forum Host
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 12:00:41 (permalink)
CPU saving is due mostly from having less FX not from how things are routed. Using a send is used to apply FX to possibly more signals then one FX bin in one track thus saving on the FX. But as stated a send is not the only way of doing this. You could output a track or tracks to a buss just as well. It all depends.

How one uses sends or whether they are used at all depends on what is wanted from doing so. Think of a send as a tap on the signal stream of a track that can be sent to a buss for its own processing. It can be pre fader or post fader. Each has an effect on how the signal will be processed.

So far we have been talking about a single send going to a single buss.  But a track can have multiple sends going to multiple auxiliary buses.

Though it seems simple it really isn't and its up to the user to fully understand what  sends can do.  

Best
John
CJaysMusic
  • Total Posts : 30423
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 12:45:58 (permalink)
Its only wrong, if it doeskin sound the way you want it to sound. Its only good, when it sounds the way you want it to sound. 
How you get this is up to you as there are over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Quintilian way to get from A to B. all you need to do is learn how to use the effects and tools you have and then you will be able to use your ears and knowledge to dial in the sounds you want.

As far as your volume faders and sliders. this is called gain staging and there are many ways to gain stage when recording and mixing.
Basically things go like this:
1. Tracks go to the Master bus
2. Sends go to buses, if you use sends. Pre send is before the track fader and Post send is after the track fader.
3. Buses go the the master bus
4. Master bus goes to the main outs 1/2 of the sound card.

Now your master bus, buses and your main outs should stay at 0dB (Unity Gain). You control the volume when mixing with the track faders and the send levels (if you use sends), everythnig else is set at 0dB (unity)

See that is pretty simple as it works just like a hardware mixer. People think since its on a PC, it will be different , but its not!!!

CJ

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
Audio Blog
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 14:36:40 (permalink)
Setting the master bus and outputs to 0Db makes some sense at an intuitive level I guess, but I'd like to know in writing why this is. Is it because it's the way to ensure the cleanest STN ratio? Is it analogous to a trumpet, where the skinny part of the pipe is where the nuances of sound are crafted, and when the sound reaches the end of the tube, all manipulation has taken place, and so there's a big wide bell that basically says "Whatever was done to the sound as it made it's way through the pipe, not take that sound and make it as loud as it can be"?
John
Forum Host
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 14:52:37 (permalink)
You are over thinking this. Its just convenient. It insures that you have a standard to mix to. If you vary the level on the master buss then you wont know what your tracks are really doing. The level on the master buss should be the sum of all your tracks and buses.

Best
John
sharke
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/17 16:08:49 (permalink)
Think I was getting "sends" mixed up with "effects returns" above!

James
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 10:04:36 (permalink)
Ok hang on...

I just removed the Vocal Sends from all my individual vocal tracks, and went to my Vocal Bus to add the Send there, but when I go to add it, it's not listed. If I click to add a Send to a regular track it's there, but not when I do it from the Bus. How come?
John
Forum Host
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 10:27:31 (permalink)
jkoseattle
Ok hang on...

I just removed the Vocal Sends from all my individual vocal tracks, and went to my Vocal Bus to add the Send there, but when I go to add it, it's not listed. If I click to add a Send to a regular track it's there, but not when I do it from the Bus. How come?

Are you sure you are not trying to send to the same buss?  You can't send to itself.

Best
John
rbowser
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 10:43:30 (permalink)
jkoseattle...I just removed the Vocal Sends from all my individual vocal tracks, and went to my Vocal Bus to add the Send there, but when I go to add it, it's not listed...

John must have your answer there.  Look at my screenshot in post #10.  I have a Send from the vocal bus going to the reverb bus.  But naturally when I inserted that Send, there wasn't a Send available back to that same vocal bus - You can only make a Send going to a different bus - Makes sense, yes?

Randy

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 10:48:10 (permalink)
That's not it. When I click on Sends from my Vocal Send, the Vocal Out bus is listed. But then I go down to Vocal Out, then Vocal Send is not listed.

OK, I figured it out. The Vocal Send was output to the Vocal Out. I changed that to Master, and then Vocal Send was available to Vocal Out. 
post edited by jkoseattle - 2014/04/19 11:00:50
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 11:24:50 (permalink)
John T
Aside from terminology, sends and buses are not the same thing.

A bus is a stereo (or surround) channel to which audio can be routed. A send is one of the ways of routing something to a bus. The other way is via a track or bus output.

Not to be a pedant, but I think this is a distinction worth being clear about. A bus is an actual thing. Send and Output assignments are more like instructions.

Right, a send is a channel (like a cable) that connects the output of one bus to the input of another. Buses in SONAR are objects that know how to mix multiple inputs and can have multiple outputs. In the signal flow diagram you will also see that a bus internally has a prochannel and an effects bin. Tracks are also buses internally, with their input coming from the project wave files, synths etc.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
rbowser
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 12:09:28 (permalink)
jkoseattle
That's not it. When I click on Sends from my Vocal Send, the Vocal Out bus is listed. But then I go down to Vocal Out, then Vocal Send is not listed.

OK, I figured it out. The Vocal Send was output to the Vocal Out. I changed that to Master, and then Vocal Send was available to Vocal Out. 

So -

1)  All vocal tracks are going out to a Vocal Bus, selected by the output controls at the bottom of their channel strips. 

2)  A Send is opened on that Vocal Bus which goes to the Reverb Bus. 

3)  Both the Reverb Bus and the Vocal Bus have their outputs going to the Master.

- What you described still sounds strange, since you said your Vocal Send was going to the Master--?-- Vocal Send available to Vocal Out--?

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 12:38:08 (permalink)
rbowser
1)  All vocal tracks are going out to a Vocal Bus, selected by the output controls at the bottom of their channel strips. 

Yes

rbowser
2)  A Send is opened on that Vocal Bus which goes to the Reverb Bus. 

Close. It's not a Reverb Bus, it's called Vocal Send, and contains Reverb, EQ, Compressor and Stereo Widening. May change this eventually, since I haven't added any effects to the instruments yet, and I might make a Reverb Bus that all the instruments go through. The vocals are coming from a kind of an alien Beach Boys singing from space, and I haven't decided if the band is in space too or on the ground.

rbowser
3)  Both the Reverb Bus and the Vocal Bus have their outputs going to the Master.

Yes

rbowser
- What you described still sounds strange, since you said your Vocal Send was going to the Master--?-- Vocal Send available to Vocal Out--?

Is it still strange?
rbowser
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/19 13:02:30 (permalink)
jkoseattle...Is it still strange?

Not strange! You can call your buses anything you like.  You've set up what I would call a Reverb bus, and you have more FX on it, so I wasn't just "close," I just had no idea of knowing what you'd named the bus.  It could be called Vocals That Rule The Universe if you wanted - though that wouldn't fit in the space provided. 

You got it goin' on now!

Randy

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
jkoseattle
Re: The Ins and Outs of Ins and Outs 2014/04/21 01:35:33 (permalink)
OK. So I know there's a forum for this kind of post, but everyone has been so helpful on getting me from 8.5 to X3, lots of help about Take Lanes, ins and outs, and assorted other things, I just thought I'd share the song I've been working on all this time on this forum. Since this is going on the album I'm pulling it off SoundCloud in a couple days, and this is just a first mix. 

https://soundcloud.com/jkoseattle/we-are-the-elders-v1/s-O6Qvq

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1