SoundCenter Instrument Expansion Packs question

Author
DaveG74
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 220
2014/04/20 20:21:00 (permalink)

SoundCenter Instrument Expansion Packs question

I would like to purchase a bundle of the SoundCenter instrument expansion packs (MC6T + 19 packs or 10-pack). But I have one question/concern.

I recently downloaded a sampler pack which contains instruments from Guitars, Electronica, Urban and a few others. I'm looking for a reggae guitar. I happened to get one with my sampler pack -- Funk Lick in the Guitars category -- but...it wasn't really an instrument. It's a chord riff.

Please tell me all the instruments in these sampler packs aren't riffs. I can do those myself. I know some of the other instruments are actual instruments; that's what I prefer. Here are samples of the guitar I'm seeking:

Sublime, "Santeria" (25-second mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYN5w4T_aM
Sublime, "Wrong Way" (27-second mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChV5BZ8SmS0
Miley Cyrus, "Party in the USA" (opening chords)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA
Matisyahu, "King Without A Crown" (13-second mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChV5BZ8SmS0

In reference to the Guitars expansion pack, there are 129 programs and I'm hoping they're not all riffs -- and there must be a reggae guitar or two in there somewhere.

Someone please advise before I waste $120 on 1,200 SoundCenter riffs. Thanks in advance! :)

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: SoundCenter Instrument Expansion Packs question 2014/04/21 08:26:27 (permalink)
    All of the CSC packs that I bought were samples that were triggered by midi input. In those packs, you set the sample and play what you wish on the midi keyboard to get the sound.

The guitar you referenced is simply a clean guitar played in the style of reggae. Reggae is mainly guitar upstroke on 2 & 4 with some variation.   The Miley thing was similar, guitar was clean mostly but had some distortion on it.

Haven't you asked this previously?

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    DaveG74
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 220
    Re: SoundCenter Instrument Expansion Packs question 2014/04/21 19:45:51 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker
    The guitar you referenced is simply a clean guitar played in the style of reggae. Reggae is mainly guitar upstroke on 2 & 4 with some variation.   The Miley thing was similar, guitar was clean mostly but had some distortion on it.

Haven't you asked this previously?

Yeah...I did. Once I sampled the Example pack, I got curious and began wondering if all 129 programs in the Guitars pack were riffs rather than instrument sounds. I can't get any guitar in my inventory (TTS-1 banks, SoundCenter, Roland GrooveSynth...) to sound like that.

I may just eat the $20 and purchase that one Guitars pack just to see what is in those 129 programs. Otherwise, I may try to tune the SoundCenter Funk Lick, considering that's the closest thing I have to the samples demonstrated in the YouTube links I presented above.

Once again -- I'm still an amateur, looking for that particular sound and I cannot afford or play a real instrument. LOL
    (shrug...)

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: SoundCenter Instrument Expansion Packs question 2014/04/22 08:34:44 (permalink)
    You can always work up the song and ask someone in the songs forum to collab on the guitar parts for you.....someone who can handle the style. As on most musical sites, there are a ton of guitar pickers on this one as well, and some will be willing to jump in and help...if you're not able to get the samples and patches to do what you need.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1