Checking out X3 demo but have a couple ?'s before I buy.

Author
shawnt113
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/04/21 17:38:39 (permalink)

Checking out X3 demo but have a couple ?'s before I buy.

As the title says. ..
1.I was working on a demo with the X3 trial and it seems like the compression in the pro channel (I had on master track) was pumping no matter what I did to it. I was just messing with Drum (1 track stereo SSD) and guitar tracks. I think it was the drums causing it but no matter what I did I couldn't seem to get it to stop while using the comp on the pro channel. Any good tips on how to effectively use this plugin?

2.Tape saturation is listed as one of the pro channel features but I do not see it available, where do I find it?

3. I want to add some Wah to some dry di guitar tracks but I want to automate them so I could use the same automation info on other tracks for reamping/layer. I have a Voodoo labs Ground Control Pro with a Mission Engineering expression pedal. Can I connect via midi to usb so I can use the expression pedal for my sweeps. I tried using my mouse but I cant get a natural sweep on it.

thank you to any one that reads and replies.

3 Replies Related Threads

Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 395
    Re: Checking out X3 demo but have a couple ?'s before I buy. 2014/04/22 12:19:04 (permalink)
    1. The ProChannel can be tricky sometimes. Make sure that you have the the Power Button disabled for the whole ProChannel as well as the individual ProChannel Compressors that are on each track. You'll see what I mean if you check out this page: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation/default.aspx?Doc=SONAR%20X2&Lang=EN&Req=ProChannel.1.html

2. To add or replace a ProChannel Module right click on the header of one of the modules and a menu will appear that says "Replace, Remove, or Insert Module". The Tape Saturation will be there.

3. Mission Engineering make great stuff! I would ask them if their Expression Pedals spit out raw MIDI data. If so, then you should be able to record that MIDI data into SONAR no problem.
    -DG
    Andrew Rossa
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1910
    Re: Checking out X3 demo but have a couple ?'s before I buy. 2014/04/22 15:08:14 (permalink)
    Tape Emulator is not included in the trial version.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Checking out X3 demo but have a couple ?'s before I buy. 2014/04/22 15:19:51 (permalink)
    The trial webpage only lists the Quad Curve EQ, BREVRB SONAR and Console Emulation as the included ProChannel modules. Does the trial include either the PC76 U-Type or PC4K S-Type Bus compressor?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1