not actually a MC question, but...

Author
sirenadelmar
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 132
2014/04/23 13:41:38 (permalink)

not actually a MC question, but...

Hi, there to everyone.
I have MC5 with which I just finished producing 15 songs.  now that the songs are ready I want to put them in Windows Media Player so that I can burn CDs regularly as I sell them when I sing in the subway platform of NYC.  My finished songs are all in a folder in the Music folder of my laptop, but only a few show in Windows Media Player.  I would like to make the folder an album that I can use for burning from WMP, but I can't find the way.  I'm having a hard time understanding Windows Media Player.  nobody answered my question in the WMP forum.

as always, please remember to answer my question step by step.  if you haven't noticed I'm not technologically savvy, otherwise I would know the answer myself.

Thanks,
sirena del mar

Dell Latitude E6410, 32 bit. Windows 7. Music Creator 5.  My sound card is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
La musica es el alma de los pueblos.  (Music is the soul of each nations.) 

7 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/04/23 15:13:10 (permalink)
    Right click on the song and a window opens with a number of options.

One of those should be: OPEN WITH

select it and the available music players on your computer should be listed. Click on WMP. The song will open in WMP and you can move it around as needed to create your burn list.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/04/23 17:38:44 (permalink)
    I would have to guess that the files you are looking at are .cwp files. These are your project files that MC5 uses, but WMP cannot recognize or open them. They will look like "songname.cwp".
    To get your songs into a format that can be burned to a CD, you will need to export them from MC5 as .wav files. In the export screen, select 44,100 sample rate and 16 bit depth.
    This will give you files that look like "songname.wav". WMP can open these, and they are ready to burn to CD.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    sirenadelmar
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/04/25 07:57:48 (permalink)
    some wise person said that specificity is the basis for good communication.  I thought that I was being specific, but apparently not. 
    Robert B: while I try Guitarhacker's solution to see how it goes, I have to specify that when I say I finished a song, I mean that I made it into a wave file and put it into the music folder.  I believe that I couldn't put it as a .cwp in the music folder, but then again I never tried.  
    it's from the music folder as wave files that I want to include them into WMP so that I can burn them regularly.

as always, thank you for your replies,

sirena del mar

Dell Latitude E6410, 32 bit. Windows 7. Music Creator 5.  My sound card is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Guitarhacker
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/04/25 08:46:54 (permalink)
    I prefer to use  a different program to burn CD's..... it makes it easier to me.

Roxio CD maker.....

I drag the files into the window from wherever I have them stored and arrange them in the proper order and click burn......and waa laa, I have a disk.

BMI/NSAI

sirenadelmar
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/05/01 18:38:50 (permalink)
    where do I get Roxio CD maker?  I used to see it in other PCs, but my PC didn't come with it.

thanks,
    sirena del mar

craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/05/02 03:27:19 (permalink)
    Bump to remove spammer topic title from home page.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    Guitarhacker
    Re: not actually a MC question, but... 2014/05/02 09:00:52 (permalink)
    Well, they have a web site but the software is not free.

It came on my computer but I also recall having to pay a discounted amount to Dell for it. 

I googled "FREE CD Burner" and this popped up:  http://www.nch.com.au/burn/index.html  I haven't used this program but I have used other stuff from NCH and as a matter of fact, I use their WAVEPAD wave editor every day I work in the studio on music.

BMI/NSAI

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1