Audient ID22 G.A.S.

Author
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
2014/04/07 09:49:55 (permalink)

Audient ID22 G.A.S.

I'm down sizing and was hot on getting an RME Babyface. That was until recently, when Audient released Windows drivers for the ID22. I'm not in a big hurry so I'm looking for real world feedback about the Windows drivers. I've read reviews about both units ad nauseam. I definitely have a hankering for the ID22 but not at the expense of driver head aches. I've been searching and there's not much out there yet about the new drivers.
I feel better now that I got that off my chest.......any pros, cons other than the obvious?

Rocky

2 Replies Related Threads

bluzdog
    Re: Audient ID22 G.A.S. 2014/04/23 22:18:09 (permalink)
    I'm still mulling this over and I'm going back and forth between the ID22 and the Babyface. I like the idea of having ADAT for expandability and connecting to my Alesis HD24XR.

Babyface Pros: Solid Windows drivers, midi. Babyface Cons: Breakout cable, no inserts or line in.

ID22 Pros: User Interface, Build Quality, Inserts. ID22 cons: Solid windows drivers ?, no midi

Both seem like fine units. I wish I had more feedback on the ID22 windows drivers.

Rocky
    bluzdog
    Re: Audient ID22 G.A.S. 2014/05/02 14:06:33 (permalink)
    I'm still looking for windows driver reviews but I found this on Gearslutz:

Here's my opinion:

Win7 64bit, had it running in 10 minutes. Took about 5 seconds of playing back one of my mixes I'd done in the past to realize this thing was able to show me things I'd never knew were there. I've noticed I can listen to a relatively thick full mix, move a fader 1-2db & hear the change. It's definitely going to be a game changer for me.

Anyway, winner. Buy one.

todd

If anyone here can point me to more info. I would appreciate it.

Rocky

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1