Helpful ReplyIK BOGO

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2014/04/22 22:31:06 (permalink)

IK BOGO

Buy a T-Racks processor get another of equal or lesser value free...

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp...EOJRrVyzHIbkKEaytN0w==

My bad....already posted...
post edited by cclarry - 2014/04/22 22:33:34

bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/22 22:41:21 (permalink)
Are you trying to make nice with Obi?

Rocky
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 08:01:15 (permalink)
bluzdog
Are you trying to make nice with Obi?

Rocky

pentimentosound
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1535
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 08:07:55 (permalink)
But there exceptions..... like the newest ones. Too bad about that.
Michael

i7 4790k 4Ghz 16gb+4HDD, Win10, ASUS G74s Laptop i7 2670QM 2.2ghz-16gb, Win10. CbB, Mixbus4, Studio One3 Artist, Z3ta2, RapturePro, GPO5, GS2, EP4, IK TR5, AT4, MP2, Melodyne Stud4, PSP(22), PS kits, BFD2, GA4, 18i20, PreSonus MP20A(BurrBrown), ISA One, Warm Audio WA76, ADK Thor, M160, RAB1, MA200, MA101fet, E100s, e835, EquatorD5, YSM-1, GoldDigger, CherryPicker, Kurz K2500, Aura Spectrum, ControlPad, PRRI, 17 ac & elec gtrs-mandos+bass, lap steels, banjo, fiddle, harmonicas+perc
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 09:49:00 (permalink)
pentimentosound
Michael

Yes...IK loves to shoot themselves in the face...

Here's a sale...on all the crap you probably already have...sorry...the 
new stuff - all the stuff you don't have isn't eligible...

ltb
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2707
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 11:05:52 (permalink)
cclarry
pentimentosound
Michael

It's fine in my case since I don't have any of the newer plugins.

My last & only T-Racks processor purchase was over 3 years ago. I bought the Pultec for $35.00 & received the Opto, 670, Linear EQ, CSR & meter all free in a group buy.

The Neve is excellent & can get it for about $80.00 plus the freebie.
Well worth it & not a bad deal at all.

cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 11:26:32 (permalink)
carl
cclarry
pentimentosound
Michael

It's fine in my case since I don't have any of the newer plugins.

My last & only T-Racks processor purchase was over 3 years ago. I bought the Pultec for $35.00 & received the Opto, 670, Linear EQ, CSR & meter all free in a group buy.

The Neve is excellent & can get it for about $80.00 plus the freebie.
Well worth it & not a bad deal at all.

I guess that's fine if you don't already have most of these.  But you'd think that if they offer
BOGO...that it would BOGO...not BOGO ....except NEW

That would have put the 2 new EQ's and Master EQ in a "better place" to purchase....but nope...

I don't know where you can get the Neve for $80...price is $124.99  minus discount...usually 15% = $106.25
AD price is $104.99....

That's $25 more...and it only benefits you to buy if there is one of the others that you don't already have...

IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 11:37:53 (permalink)
...and if we put new items on sale too soon we catch heat for that.  Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

You are eligible to get one free if you purchase the new plugins, even if you purchased those EQs before we started the promotion since we extended a "pre" grace period to make sure people who purchased the new ones were happy and were included.  Doesn't seem like such a bad thing after all, but YMMV as always.
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 13:06:00 (permalink)
Would expect no other answer from a company Rep....

But what does it matter if you spend $125 on 81 and get blah blah blah free...
or if you spend $125 on blah blah blah and get the 81 free, ESPECIALLY since
they are "backtracking" anyways.....DERH?

The ONLY reason is $$$$$  as would be expected.

IK_Multimedia
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 17:29:10 (permalink)
The only answer is 17 years of experience of customers telling us "we do not want to see new plugins available for sale or in Group Buys soon after they are released" but I understand you'd like to think the worst and I will not begrudge you of that if it makes you happy.
IK_Multimedia
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 17:45:50 (permalink)
Also, the link doesn't appear to be working so here it is:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trbogo
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 18:19:41 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
The only answer is 17 years of experience of customers telling us "we do not want to see new plugins available for sale or in Group Buys soon after they are released" but I understand you'd like to think the worst and I will not begrudge you of that if it makes you happy.

This is quite hilarious!  Thanks....I needed a good laugh...

pentimentosound
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1535
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 18:46:18 (permalink)
This feels like one of those  awkward "how about them Bears?!" moments (John Candy and Steve Martin in Planes, Trains and Automobiles).
Michael

i7 4790k 4Ghz 16gb+4HDD, Win10, ASUS G74s Laptop i7 2670QM 2.2ghz-16gb, Win10. CbB, Mixbus4, Studio One3 Artist, Z3ta2, RapturePro, GPO5, GS2, EP4, IK TR5, AT4, MP2, Melodyne Stud4, PSP(22), PS kits, BFD2, GA4, 18i20, PreSonus MP20A(BurrBrown), ISA One, Warm Audio WA76, ADK Thor, M160, RAB1, MA200, MA101fet, E100s, e835, EquatorD5, YSM-1, GoldDigger, CherryPicker, Kurz K2500, Aura Spectrum, ControlPad, PRRI, 17 ac & elec gtrs-mandos+bass, lap steels, banjo, fiddle, harmonicas+perc
IK_Multimedia
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 19:01:46 (permalink)
Yes, quite hilarious when a business crafts their promotion based on their experience and based on what they hear from the whole customer base instead of just cclarry.  You are welcome to put your opinions forward and to good use if you feel you can do better at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs as always.  Thank you for your input, always appreciated.

Edit - I forgot to add that we'll "wake up and smell the coffee" and the other classic clichés you've graced us with soon or within the next 17 years, I'm sure ;)

Those interested in an excellent deal, can find it here:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trbogo
post edited by IK_Multimedia - 2014/04/23 19:03:21
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 19:25:22 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
Yes, quite hilarious when a business crafts their promotion based on their experience and based on what they hear from the whole customer base instead of just cclarry.  You are welcome to put your opinions forward and to good use if you feel you can do better at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs as always.  Thank you for your input, always appreciated.

Edit - I forgot to add that we'll "wake up and smell the coffee" and the other classic clichés you've graced us with soon or within the next 17 years, I'm sure ;)

Those interested in an excellent deal, can find it here:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trbogo

Now there is a highly professional response!

Thanks Obi!

Seriously, who in their right mind is going to say "OH NO...PLEASE IK....DON'T PUT THEM ON SALE"???

You've already said that if they've already bought it they still get the freebie...

If the sale is BOGO, what's the harm?  They're going to be on sale soon anyways.  Why not boost the incentive
and get the product out there...get some resounding "field" reviews and SELL MORE!!! 

You could just say "In order to get 81 for free, you have to buy either 73 or or the Master Comp." etc...

The reason to exclude them is IK wants to capitalize on GAS and get top dollar.  Gotta be the first to have it. Therefore, they exclude the new products to force everyone to pay the full INTRO price.  It has nothing at all to do with 17 years experience of customers saying "Don't put it on sale".  That response is LUDICROUS.
The entire reason a customer says that is they don't want to feel undercut.  And if you've already included
PREVIOUS purchases no one is being undercut.

We're not children here Obi, and, contrary to the corporate "we're right - your're wrong"
mentality you seem to propagate, it seems that you think that we are.  I've probably been
doing this longer then you've been alive, so am quite "adept" at picking out Male Cow Excrement
when I hear it.

I know you have to promote the product.  It's your job.  But seriously, don't feed us this stuff...
it's degrading to yourself and to IK, and condescending towards us.

It ain't rocket science, and you seriously make yourself sound silly Obi. ( or whoever this may be)
post edited by cclarry - 2014/04/23 19:42:37

bluzdog
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/23 22:34:31 (permalink)
Can't you kids just get along?

Rocky
vintagevibe
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/24 00:25:54 (permalink)
Well let's see I had some gear credits that I got for half price and some jam points.  I added $27 and now have the Mastering EQ and Bus Compressor which are as good or better than anything in the industry.  Obi, why do you treat your customers so horribly!  

I must assume that cclarry is a successful business man since he knows so much about business.  I do think he has one small thing wrong.  He is under the impression that businesses exist to lose money.
post edited by vintagevibe - 2014/04/24 00:53:34
vintagevibe
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/24 00:28:56 (permalink)
cclarry

We're not children here 

I disagree.
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/24 03:03:54 (permalink)
Vintagevibe
I have to say I agree with Larry on some of this, especially Obi's comment:-
The only answer is 17 years of experience of customers telling us "we do not want to see new plugins available for sale or in Group Buys soon after they are released" 
Honestly please......

I agree with you that IK make good stuff but they do get it wrong - Look at SampleTank - what a monumental cock up that's been - and I am a very long time user and was actually looking forward to version 3 some time ago. Now I have kontakt 5 and Mach 3 - all I can say is that Sampletank 3,  if it ever comes along,  should be very good and the upgrade price simply has to be very reasonable - perhaps as Obi is actively in this thread he would be kind enough to give us an update on SampleTank 3's progress as things have gone very quiet, again, of late.

Finally I can't believe that you think IK's pricing and sales strategy is a preferred one - this constant group buy / 90% off policy they adopt in my view has degraded the perceived value of the software - I mean, they have just released these new products and have them for an initial price at $125 each I believe - but who in their right mind would pay this - unless you live on the moon everyone knows that very soon they will be "on sale" - well why not treat their customers as adults, price the products correctly from the getgo and when you have a sale, make it a legitimate one not a pretend one. 

Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/24 08:35:40 (permalink)
vintagevibe

I must assume that cclarry is a successful business man since he knows so much about business.  I do think he has one small thing wrong.  He is under the impression that businesses exist to lose money.

VV - I under no circumstance believe that a business exists to lose money.  I believe that a successful business
makes up in QUANTITY what they lose by OVERPRICING in the first place.  Case in point - WALMART.
They keep their prices low and sell more....that is HOW they do so well - they UNDERCUT the competition with
the SAME or BETTER product and sell in QUANTITY.  Make the prices "reasonable" and SELL MORE.  Seems 
pretty straight forward to me.

The problem with business is Corporate and CEO GREED.  The CEO believes that they "deserve" MILLIONS...while their employees make a pittance when, if they'd settle for a petty FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND, they could invest the difference back in the company, and the employees, and lower the prices, to make it a BETTER, MORE VIABLE, and MORE PROFITABLE venture overall.  

Another case in point - STARBUCKS..the CEO makes $9,600 an hour, but he balks at his employees making $15 an hour.  WHY?  Because then HE would only be able to make $9,000 an hour, and that is JUST NOT FAIR is it???!!! After all HE DESERVES that $9,600 an hour doesn't he?  But, as you stated "What do I know about business?"

GREED..that's all it is ...GREED....plain and simple...and the "Illusion of Value"  Capitalism at it's finest!

And they all play the game...it's just that some play it "better" then others...

bluzdog
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/24 10:51:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby IK Obi 2014/04/24 18:29:33
cclarry
vintagevibe

VV - I under no circumstance believe that a business exists to lose money.  I believe that a successful business
makes up in QUANTITY what they lose by OVERPRICING in the first place.  Case in point - WALMART.
They keep their prices low and sell more....that is HOW they do so well - they UNDERCUT the competition with
the SAME or BETTER product and sell in QUANTITY.  Make the prices "reasonable" and SELL MORE.  Seems 
pretty straight forward to me.

The problem with business is Corporate and CEO GREED.  The CEO believes that they "deserve" MILLIONS...while their employees make a pittance when, if they'd settle for a petty FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND, they could invest the difference back in the company, and the employees, and lower the prices, to make it a BETTER, MORE VIABLE, and MORE PROFITABLE venture overall.  

Another case in point - STARBUCKS..the CEO makes $9,600 an hour, but he balks at his employees making $15 an hour.  WHY?  Because then HE would only be able to make $9,000 an hour, and that is JUST NOT FAIR is it???!!! After all HE DESERVES that $9,600 an hour doesn't he?  But, as you stated "What do I know about business?"

GREED..that's all it is ...GREED....plain and simple...and the "Illusion of Value"  Capitalism at it's finest!

And they all play the game...it's just that some play it "better" then others...

If you believe Walmart is a good business model you should really see “ The high cost of low prices”. My list of reasons to dislike Walmart is too long to list here. They are a fine example of what you pointed out as the problem.

Rocky
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/24 11:24:24 (permalink)
bluzdog

If you believe Walmart is a good business model you should really see “ The high cost of low prices”. My list of reasons to dislike Walmart is too long to list here. They are a fine example of what you pointed out as the problem.

Rocky

Well aware Rocky...I know they TOO have big issues...but overpricing products isn't one of them...

All businesses have issues.   The problem stems from Corporate GREED at the top end, as I stated.

Starbucks also....GREED.  We some how seem to believe that "Making Money" is GREAT, even at 
the expense of everyone...customers, employees, etc....

They're in business to not only make money, but to provide a service to their customers, and to do
so at a reasonable price...NOT JUST TO MAKE MONEY.  That is my point.

EDIT:  BTW - I watch a LOT of Documentaries, and have seen that.  You want a REAL look
into American (and world) wealth, watch "The One Percent" Documentary by the Heir to the 
Johnson & Johnson Fortune...that will open your eyes...also his documentary "Born Rich".

IK_Multimedia
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 15:41:20 (permalink)
Bajan Blue
Vintagevibe
The only answer is 17 years of experience of customers telling us "we do not want to see new plugins available for sale or in Group Buys soon after they are released" 
Honestly please......

I agree with you that IK make good stuff but they do get it wrong - Look at SampleTank - what a monumental cock up that's been - and I am a very long time user and was actually looking forward to version 3 some time ago. Now I have kontakt 5 and Mach 3 - all I can say is that Sampletank 3,  if it ever comes along,  should be very good and the upgrade price simply has to be very reasonable - perhaps as Obi is actively in this thread he would be kind enough to give us an update on SampleTank 3's progress as things have gone very quiet, again, of late.

Finally I can't believe that you think IK's pricing and sales strategy is a preferred one - this constant group buy / 90% off policy they adopt in my view has degraded the perceived value of the software - I mean, they have just released these new products and have them for an initial price at $125 each I believe - but who in their right mind would pay this - unless you live on the moon everyone knows that very soon they will be "on sale" - well why not treat their customers as adults, price the products correctly from the getgo and when you have a sale, make it a legitimate one not a pretend one. 

Nigel

We do price the products more than reasonably from the get go (in fact if you ask the people whose efforts create these top quality plugins, they'd say we are already pricing them too low), there have been many purchasing the EQ 73 and EQ 81 at this price as they feel it is worth it.  It appears there's an assumption that nobody is interested in our plugins at full price, which I can understand from a certain perspective/context, but there exists a customer base who feel that the tools are excellent and they want to use them in their projects right away (some feel the price is worth the satisfaction of the end product, others simply make back what little these cost with a single project, and everywhere between) and for these reasons they simply can't be arsed to wait for a sale on something they feel is worth the asking price and that they're interested in using right away and they recoup their investment either directly or through getting good use out of a great plugin in short order (long before a sale exists on them).

About SampleTank 3, the builds are being distributed regularly and are showing fantastic progress toward the stated mid-year timeline on our official thread at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7598  We've been posting shots of the instruments, the mixer, some videos, etc too.
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 17:20:56 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
Bajan Blue
Vintagevibe
Honestly please......

Nigel

We do price the products more than reasonably from the get go (in fact if you ask the people whose efforts create these top quality plugins, they'd say we are already pricing them too low), there have been many purchasing the EQ 73 and EQ 81 at this price as they feel it is worth it.  It appears there's an assumption that nobody is interested in our plugins at full price, which I can understand from a certain perspective/context, but there exists a customer base who feel that the tools are excellent and they want to use them in their projects right away (some feel the price is worth the satisfaction of the end product, others simply make back what little these cost with a single project, and everywhere between) and for these reasons they simply can't be arsed to wait for a sale on something they feel is worth the asking price and that they're interested in using right away and they recoup their investment either directly or through getting good use out of a great plugin in short order (long before a sale exists on them).

About SampleTank 3, the builds are being distributed regularly and are showing fantastic progress toward the stated mid-year timeline on our official thread at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7598  We've been posting shots of the instruments, the mixer, some videos, etc too.

Well there's always the "gotta be the first to have it who'll pay anything" crowd Obi, as I pointed out in my assessment of your business model...there always will be...but I'm sure, in spite of what ever you may say,
the sales are not as anticipated.  

Yes ....ST 3 is only 6 months behind the already 2 year behind the already 2 year behind schedule...after 10 years!

RIGHT ON TIME!!!  Oh Yeah!!!  

rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 19:53:18 (permalink)
+1 Larry,

Yeah, the ST3 thing was the driving factor that caused me to remove all of the IK workstation stuff from my already full sample drives. About the only thing I'm now using from IK is ARC and sometimes Amplitude.

As soon as I can find a suitable alternative to ARC it's gone also and I will be IK free.

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 21:00:39 (permalink)
I've got a feeling that most of the software companies do quite a bit of research on the sales trends of their products and know pretty much what percentage of buyers will buy right away and which will wait for a price reduction. Those who are eager to buy the product and feel that the value is there to justify the investment will buy right away. Others wait for a price drop or have to be more frugal because they don't have the funds to be early adopters. Either way, I'm sure IK pretty much has that mapped out before they even release it.

I have no doubt, this is a really high quality plug, the reviews by some pretty respected folk have been excellent so far. I just happen to be one that has to be pretty frugal with what I buy. Unless this was to eventually go from being a hobby, to a business, or I end up divorced....which ever happens first. :-)
post edited by MakeShift - 2014/04/28 21:22:25

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 21:08:03 (permalink)
Again I suggest people try the SlickEQ by TDR/VOS. It's free and sounds very good to me. I also like the Hornet SW34 EQ.
http://www.tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs/ (for download)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=408661 (bunch of user presets. Works like Valhalla)

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 21:30:23 (permalink)
Clint,

I grabbed the Slick EQ and it is on my latest song on the forums. I was very impressed with it; thanks for that lead. I will have to check out Hornet one of these days as well.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 22:15:29 (permalink)
MakeShift
I've got a feeling that most of the software companies do quite a bit of research on the sales trends of their products and know pretty much what percentage of buyers will buy right away and which will wait for a price reduction. Those who are eager to buy the product and feel that the value is there to justify the investment will buy right away. Others wait for a price drop or have to be more frugal because they don't have the funds to be early adopters. Either way, I'm sure IK pretty much has that mapped out before they even release it.

I have no doubt, this is a really high quality plug, the reviews by some pretty respected folk have been excellent so far. I just happen to be one that has to be pretty frugal with what I buy. Unless this was to eventually go from being a hobby, to a business, or I end up divorced....which ever happens first. :-)

This is exactly what I "mapped out" in my reference to their business practice...

The "I can't waits first"
The "OK it's on sales" and, last but not least the
"OK it's in a group buy"s...

They somehow think we are oblivious to how this works....Nope...not the case...LOL

I'm sure these EQ's are good.  But then so are the Kuassa Neve's at $39 each or $65 for the pair.
And as is the DDMF 6144...their emulation of the 5033, for $39....

Of course you could get the Steinberg Licences Portico's for $199 each...

But, hey, to each their own...I've grown wise my old age...I'll be in group 3....

cclarry
Re: IK BOGO 2014/04/28 22:20:33 (permalink)
BTW...I just picked up the MAutoDynamicEQ from Melda during the sale for less the $60....
The only other Multiband EQ I have is the Quad Series from IK...and it doesn't compare at all.

And I can guarantee it's 10 times the EQ that these are...even at normal list price of $139 -
I would go so far as to say it's at least as good as, if not better, the Fabfilter PRO MB...

Try the demo...you'll be amazed....

http://www.meldaproductio....php?id=MAutoDynamicEq

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1