Newby-- i need help recording guitar, i live in australia

Author
dazzzzzzz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/06/04 09:34:41 (permalink)

Newby-- i need help recording guitar, i live in australia

Is there any one out there who can help me use the vs studio 100.  
I am in Melbourne Australia and im desperate for help.
I am trying to record with my guitar, Ive got sound but not left and right.just left or just right. I feel stupid.
It came with energy xt2 and guitar rig,  I thought it would be simple      ?
any help appreciated
post edited by dazzzzzzz - 2014/06/04 09:38:59

3 Replies Related Threads

gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re: Newby-- i need help recording guitar, i live in australia 2014/06/04 20:11:43 (permalink)
    OK Darren, you probably ARE stupid, but so are a lot of us who record our own music.  Why do you want to record guitar?  Welcome to the forum.

Seems like you have bought everything that you need to professionally record, mix, and master your own music.  You have basically bought a studio.  I hope that you weren't just thinking that you were buying a fancy cassette deck.  Nothing is ever simple.

The main program that you should have gotten with your VS-100 is the VS-100 program.  It is a slightly limited version of Sonar.  Sonar is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).  It runs on PCs (not Macs or Linux).  It is the main program that keeps track of the tracks that you record and plays them back.  It also is the controlling program that lets you feed your raw guitar signal into effects like Guitar Rig so that you can tweak and adjust the sound after you have recorded it (VST effects).

It also includes other effects that let you add reverb, equalization, compression and other corrections to what you have recorded.  Additionally, it allows you to include synthesized sounds (drums, strings, etc.) to your music.  More importantly, it allows you to record one guitar part and then record other parts (vocals, leads, bass, etc.) and then mix the volumes of the different parts to get something that sounds good when you finish.

You probably need to register and install the VS-100 program.  Once you have done this, spend some time reading the help files.  When you get stuck. come back here with questions.  There are a lot of people here who are more than willing to help you out, but you need to be a little further along in your efforts.

Glen

Platinum / VS-100 / 12 GB RAM / Win 10 Pro / AMD A8 / MP Touch Monitors
    Platinum / on-board audio / 4 GB RAM /Win 10 Pro / HP dm4 Laptop / stuff
    THpfft!
    NE Koda
    • Total Posts : 36
    Re: Newby-- i need help recording guitar, i live in australia 2014/06/04 21:05:58 (permalink)
    The guitar is usually a mono instrument. On the vs-100 if you record the guitar direct from input 1L, it will be mono. If you record your guitar amped with a mic, say on input 2R, it will be mono. If you run your guitar thru hardware effects, like a Pod which has stereo output, then run the Pod's output to the vs-100 input 3 and 4 on the back and make sure you choose the correct input in your software.

Hope that helps get you started,

Matt

Sonar Platinum - VS-100 - Windows 10 x64 - i7 2600
    dazzzzzzz
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Newby-- i need help recording guitar, i live in australia 2014/06/04 21:55:59 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for your replies
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1