VS700R Not Responding to Incoming MIDI Data from Specific Device

Author
ChronoT52
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 165
2014/06/14 11:58:44 (permalink)

VS700R Not Responding to Incoming MIDI Data from Specific Device

Hoping someone can help me here...

I have the V-Studio 700 set, a Korg Triton Pro X and a Korg Triton Studio. I've successfully connected the MIDI OUT of the Triton Pro X to the 700R and verified that data is being passed between the two devices. I've also successfully connected the MIDI OUT of the Triton Studio to the MIDI IN of the Triton Pro X and verified that data is being passed between the two devices. However, when I connect the MIDI OUT of the Triton Studio to the 700R, I get nothing.

As you can tell from the previous paragraph, I've verified that both the cable and the MIDI OUT port of the Triton Studio are functioning properly. In fact, if I go from the OUT of the Triton Pro X to the IN of the Studio, then THRU from the Studio back to the IN of the Triton, then THRU from the Triton Pro X to the 700R, data successfully transmits! It's clearly something between the 700R and the Triton Studio, but I have no idea what could be going wrong or what settings I could play with to try to get this working.

Any ideas? Let me know if you need any more information.

EDIT:

For clarity, here are all of the combinations that I've attempted with an indicator as to whether the data was successfully transmitted or not:

OUT from Triton Studio -> IN to VS700 X
OUT from Triton Studio -> IN to Triton Pro X 
OUT from Triton Studio -> IN to Triton Pro X -> THRU the Triton Pro X -> IN to VS700 

OUT from Triton Pro X -> IN to VS700 
OUT from Triton Pro X -> IN to Triton Studio -> THRU the Triton Studio -> IN to VS700 X
OUT from Triton Pro X -> IN to Triton Studio -> THRU the Triton Studio -> IN to Triton Pro X 

OUT from Triton Pro X -> IN to Triton Studio -> THRU the Triton Studio -> IN to Triton Pro X -> THRU the Triton Pro X -> IN to VS700 

OUT from VS700 -> IN to Triton Studio 
OUT from VS700 -> IN to Triton Studio -> THRU the Triton Studio -> IN to Triton Pro X 
OUT from VS700 -> IN to Triton Pro X -> THRU the Triton Pro X -> IN to Triton Studio 

From these tests, I've shown that both of the Tritons have working OUT and THRU ports. I've also shown that the VS700 will respond to MIDI data from OUT and THRU ports of the Triton Pro X. Finally, I've shown that the VS700 will not respond to MIDI data from the OUT and THRU ports of the Triton Studio.
post edited by ChronoT52 - 2014/06/14 15:59:52

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1