Wav file Insert Synth

Author
Ovation
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2014/06/25 19:51:41 (permalink)

Wav file Insert Synth

Having some issues inserting a wav file downloaded from a 3rd party software,
 ‘Loop Loft  MiniDemoPack_WAV’ to be exact, into my EZ Drummer 1. I am considering the purchase of some brush loops from them, in a .wav format.

The .wav file plays in windows and in my Loop Explorer preview, but when I ‘drag n drop’ into my inserted synth for EZD, it makes an Audio file by the same name as the .wav file, and only puts a “dot” in the middle of each measure. There is no audio heard as I try and play the file.
I have tried some other samples from ‘Big Fish Audio’ and they work fine.

Does the wav file need to be an wav-acid file ? The wav file from both of the 3rd parties seem to be the same in windows as far as the extension is concerned.
Is there a special way to insert .wav files ?

All help/comments appreciated.

HP, i5 processor, 2.2 Ghz
Windows 10, 64-bit, 6 Gb Ram 
M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface
Sonar Professional 
(Guitar player)

3 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Wav file Insert Synth 2014/07/17 16:28:50 (permalink)
    I don't know EZD, but I wonder if any drum VSTs play audio loops. AFAIK, the wavs they use are one shots that are then triggered by MIDI individually. I think you need to use a sampler/sample player to utilize audio loops.
    To my knowledge, all the loops in EZD, Addictive Drums, Studio Instruments etc. are MIDI loops, not wavs, and only the samples are audio.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Wav file Insert Synth 2014/07/17 17:01:14 (permalink)
    EZDrummer only uses Toontrack EZX expansion packs for added sounds. There are 3rd party MIDI loops for EZDrummer but no audio loops.

When inserted audio files cause dots to appear in an audio track it means the audio has been inserted far to the right. This shift to the right is the result of special handling of broadcast wave files. Broadcast waves contain a timestamp which the DAW uses to position the clip. Cakewalk provides a preference setting "Always Import Broadcast Waves Their Timestamp" which is defaulted on. When this preference is set off, the timestamp in the broadcast wave is ignored and the file can be imported anywhere on the time line.
    Ovation
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Wav file Insert Synth 2014/07/19 15:29:39 (permalink)
    Thanks  scook !! that works perfectly !! I have been monitoring this post for awhile ... almost had gave up.
    Appreciate the response, thanks again.

HP, i5 processor, 2.2 Ghz
    Windows 10, 64-bit, 6 Gb Ram 
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface
    Sonar Professional 
    (Guitar player)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1