Windows 8.1 says Sonar X3 Producer not a compatible program (SOLVED)

Author
wgmj
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2014/07/02 22:28:25 (permalink)

Windows 8.1 says Sonar X3 Producer not a compatible program (SOLVED)

ok, bear with me, I don't write in forums much at all. I have a new computer, Windows 8.1(nightmare), AMD FX 8350 8 Core Processor 4.0GHz, 16.0GB Memory, 64 bit system. When I got this I upgraded to X3 Producer. So tonight I record an idea, nothing special, one guitar track. I try to export it as mp3, but it comes out the other side as a wave file. Ok, so I go back in and try again, this time I get the box popping up for the mp3, so I figure I must have to export as wave first before I can export as mp3. So it exports fine. I x out of the screen, open a new project to record another idea on guitar. I start recording, when I'm finished playing I look up and the screen is frozen, Program Not Responding. So I figure great, I'll just do it again no big deal. I close it out using task manager. I go to open up Sonar, I get the baby blue screen, and then nothing, it just keeps cycling and won't open. I ran a compatibility program built into windows and it says its not compatible with windows 8. I've been using this software since I got it with no problems, and now its not compatible? Please help!! I've got 2 finished songs on there I need, I've got musicians wanting to come over and work and all I can say is my computer I just bought is not working right. I have no idea what happened. 
post edited by wgmj - 2014/07/02 23:01:52

2 Replies Related Threads

jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Windows 8.1 says Sonar X3 Producer not a compatible program (SOLVED) 2014/07/04 15:45:41 (permalink)
    Don't know if Cakewalk includes a MP3 encoder with Sonar X3 and I'm almost 100% sure Windows does not with 8.1.  If my thoughts are correct, then Sonar locked up when you told it to export your audio file as a MP3.

Cakewalk sells their MP3 encoder for less than $20 USD.  You can also find a free encoder by searching for the LAME MP3 encoder.

Software companies must pay a license fee to distribute a MP3 encoder.

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

wgmj
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Windows 8.1 says Sonar X3 Producer not a compatible program (SOLVED) 2014/07/04 21:51:23 (permalink)
    No, it actually locked up while I was recording the second track, it locked right in the middle of it. I figured it out, it was my interface causing the issue. But now I have a new issue. I went to play a song for a friend tonight, its 14 tracks, and it was skipping and dropping out, real choppy. This computer should have no problem running this software. It got a AMD FX 8350 8 Core Processor 4.0GHz, 16.0GB Memory, 64 bit system, its a beast. But for some reason it couldn't run that song tonight. I've run it before with no problems at all, so it has to be something in the background. I even disconnected from the internet, shut down my virus program, but it was still messed up. I'm starting to think I need to go back to Windows 7. The last thing I did was make it to only run with Administrator Privlidges, maybe I will take that back off and see if it fixes it. Wish I knew more about computers. Oh and Jim, I exported that wave file and made it an MP3 file in Sonar x3 Producer, I think I even did that in Sonar X3. Its there, once its a wave, go back into the song and export again except this time put the (songname.wav) into the box, then change the file type under that from wave to mp3. A box should pop up offering high pass and low pass filters, and other options.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1