Z3ta+ 2 on Mac - 'Z3TA+ 2 is not properly installed.' HELP!

Author
Northerner_V1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2014/07/06 18:11:06 (permalink)

Z3ta+ 2 on Mac - 'Z3TA+ 2 is not properly installed.' HELP!

Hi everyone,

I've been using Ableton Live for a while now with no problems using the Z3ta+ 2 VST. I've recently switched temporarily to GarageBand whilst I think about buying Logic X, both of which are AU compatible only. However, when I try to load an instance of Z3ta+ 2 in GarageBand, I receive the following message: 'ERROR: Z3TA+ 2 is not properly installed.  Please reinstall it using your original Setup program.' I can see the Z3ta+ 2 GUI but all the waveform windows are blank and I can't load any preset sounds. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling version 2.1.1, but still receive the same message.

I've checked my Cakewalk account page and although I can see my registered serial number for Z3ta+ 2, there is nothing underneath the 'Download Link' option. I contacted Cakewalk's technical support last week but am still waiting to hear back from them. I thought I'd ask here in the meantime.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong? Has this happened to anyone else using a Mac? I'm on OSX 10.9.3 by the way. Can anyone help?

3 Replies Related Threads

Northerner_V1
    Re: Z3ta+ 2 on Mac - 'Z3TA+ 2 is not properly installed.' HELP! 2014/07/07 03:34:14 (permalink)
    OK - I've partially solved the problem. It seems like its a compatibility issue with the new version of Garageband (v. 10.0.2) and Z3ta+ 2. I've just tried Z3ta with the old version of Garageband and it works fine. I saw the registration screen and was able to put in my registration code without any problems. So this now makes me wonder about Logic X - does Z3ta+ 2 have any compatibility issues here?

That said, I still can't see the download link in my Cakewalk account, so hopefully technical support can help me there.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Z3ta+ 2 on Mac - 'Z3TA+ 2 is not properly installed.' HELP! 2014/07/07 09:40:21 (permalink)
    Many times links to download products are not on the line with the registration information but under a download link on another line with the same date along with products purchased on the same date. For example, my Z3TA+2 was bundled with an upgrade to the X1 Production Suite. The ZETA+2 download is on the download page linked to the "First-Class upgrade to Production Suite".
    Northerner_V1
    Re: Z3ta+ 2 on Mac - 'Z3TA+ 2 is not properly installed.' HELP! 2014/07/07 10:01:38 (permalink)
    Wierd - a new line has appeared on my registered products page with a download option enabled! I wonder if refilling the license information through Garageband jogged things along? Thanks for your help and suggestions! I've downloaded a new installation file so will try again in the new Garageband. If I have any luck I'll post back here...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1