ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64

Author
lilmike
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2014/07/17 19:54:09 (permalink)

ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64

Hi,
I recently bought ik multimedia miroslaav philharmonic plugin. i have sonar 8.5 (this is because I am blind, and the scripts currently out there for my screen reader do not support x1 and later), and it doesn't load the plugin when I try either through the insert synth menu, or adding the plugin to an audio track fx bin.
I get the following error:
The plugin may not have been properly installed
Additional Plug-In Info:
Class ID:  {F6B67E27-522F-4268-8EBA-F49EF7EDE8E0}
Plug-In data (bytes):  0
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-Michael.

5 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re: ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64 2014/07/17 22:17:30 (permalink)
    Michael, the plug-in most likely is, in fact, properly installed.
    Sonar finds the .dll file just fine, but UAC blocks the executable Philharmonic file. This doesn't seem to affect everybody, but from what I have seen it is a fairly common problem.
    Locate the executable Philharmonic file. I f you installed to default locations, it should be in C:/Program Files(x86)/IK Mutlimedia/Miroslav Philharmonic.
    Right click on this, and click Properties>Compatibility. Select "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level.
    Now you should be able to insert Philharmonic in your Sonar project.
    It's a fairly simple process, but you have to know about it. Oddly, I have only had to do this with Sample Tank and Philharmonic, but both now run fine.
    Hope that helps.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    lilmike
    Re: ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64 2014/07/18 00:23:42 (permalink)
    Hi,
    I checked the box for run as administrator, but it still didn't seem to help. In fact I have sonar running as administrator too, per ik multimedia support's request. I have a philharmonic.dll in vstplugins, and another in the ik multimedia/miroslaav philharmonic folder. I don't see a philharmonic.exe file under vstplugins, so I think I did the right one. Any more help is appreciated :)
    -Michael.
    kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64 2014/07/18 06:18:48 (permalink)
    I would pay close attention and find exactly which VST folder that your dll file is installed in ….
    then set your SONAR plugin manger to scan that folder by adding that folder to the scan ...
    I mention this because I had the same problem you had ..apparently my IK dll file ended up in a SONY vst folder and SONAR needed to include that folder in the plugin scan . once I added the folder to the scan it has been smooth sailing ever since 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

lilmike
    Re: ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64 2014/07/20 05:28:46 (permalink)
    Hi,
    I can't find any other folder it might have installed to, in fact I've found the philharmonic.dll file both in miroslaav philharmonic and vstplugins folders. I even went so far as to add the place it said it installed the RTAS plugins to (although why this would help I don't know)... and it didn't. I'm at a loss as to what to try here -- I think even ik multimedia's support is too :-( -- but I'd rather get some use out of a product I bought :P.
    Thanks,
    -Michael.
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: ik multimedia philharmonic plugin doesn't load in sonar 8.5 producer x64 2014/07/20 10:34:11 (permalink)
    You shouldn't have to worry about Admin permissions for plugins, as they run under the same privileges as the host. The most likely explanation is that the plugin was not installed as Administrator, so something didn't get written to the registry. Your best bet is to try re-installing as Administrator.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1