Author
Moshkiae
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6111
2014/07/22 10:59:24 (permalink)

SIX Californias?

Hi,

How's that for news?

They need to rename the southern part the "Smog Country". The Silicon area should be renamed "Jerk'y'geeks". The northern california folks ... harder to figure out ... not sure how they are going to make their economy work with just dope! They will probably do what the Southern California did ... rape all the trees, forests and then don't give a damn about the future of your children. More smog!

The divisions are insane. The LA area has no economy per se and has to bring food and all that in ... they would go into debt so fast and go bankrupt and take 3 states with them into the ocean!
post edited by Moshkiae - 2014/07/27 17:09:59

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Old55
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19791
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/22 12:31:51 (permalink)
Six Californias--one drought.  

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/22 12:58:25 (permalink)
"Kalifornia - A great place to be from."
(I was an inmate there for 40 years before getting paroled in 2003.) 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Moshkiae
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/27 17:22:05 (permalink)
Old55
Six Californias--one drought.  

Came from the same California! Reagan and some republicans thought it was cool to sell off a whole bunch of areas and tear down more trees!

The drought is not there by itself. We allowed it to happen, and did not remove those folks from office! We did our best in Santa Barbara and it was all good, until the Federales moved in next to Jane Fonda and Michael Jackson. On that day, corruption sat in the town was raped!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Moshkiae
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/27 17:30:16 (permalink)
craigb
"Kalifornia - A great place to be from."
(I was an inmate there for 40 years before getting paroled in 2003.) 

Santa Barbara 1971-1982 when I was done with UCSB and gave up on Grad School ... the tuition was DOUBLED for my Senior Year because of the Federales, and you don't want to hear the stories of them target practicing on the transmitting towers for ....

It was OK until then, but it was already affected by the Channel Diesel and Channel 69, and the Channel Oil, for your feet!

I enjoyed my time down there, the music was great, the radio was good, the relationships were very good, but in the end, plasticene magic won out, because it was all they knew. I did very well directing, but they did not want a "rebel" director in Grad School studying directing, and I had no funds to do film at USC, despite having a glowing recomendation from one of their students teaching at UCSB.

I've turn ALL my visionary side into writing. I might return to photography and film, but at this point, and with my eyes getting worse, I'm not sure I will be able to anyway. And if I do, the first scene I do will be the album cover that never was used or liked, which was my own appreciation and bow to the Hipgnosis covers! Unffortunately, that is not an art form that is as appreciated as I hoped, and felt it deserved. I've lived off that kind of inspiration for so very long, and know that it has to be done when it is right there ... but it wasn't to be. Inspiration sometimes is just a fart in the wind, that talks to no one, in the desert, with Greg Lake words!

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/27 18:09:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2014/07/27 19:30:18

Apparently, California has the highest rates of depression and adultery in America...

Sounds like a sad state of affairs.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/27 18:21:14 (permalink)
The four seasons of California:  Summer, Fire, Mudslide and Earthquake.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/27 19:36:37 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

Apparently, California has the highest rates of depression and adultery in America...

Chort.....
jimusic
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1325
Re: SIX Californias? 2014/07/28 02:18:40 (permalink)
...The four seasons of California:  Summer, Fire, Mudslide and Earthquake...

Hahaha!

SteveStrummerUK

Kind of ironic considering all the sunshine they get there.

Plus the fact that the term 'La-La Land' suggests an mental image of jovial, care free spirits among the folks there.

Hmmm... come to think of it, people around here seem to be rather miserable lately as well - and have been for a while now.

Ok.....never mind.  

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1