BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory

Author
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
2014/07/26 09:20:17 (permalink)

BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory

New owners can get all 4 mods for $69 until Friday (normal price is $149)

If you own Sonic Sweet, your upgrade price is $29 until Friday by using the Don't Crack website

Greetings,

As a Nomad Factory and/or BBE Sound customer, we are proud to inform you that a new version of the BBE Sonic Sweet is now available !

The BBE Sonic Sweet "Optimised" is a complete rewrite of the plug-ins included in the original “Sonic Sweet” plug-ins bundle. Designed to make your mixes clearer and louder like its forerunner, it also adds a new fourth plug-in to the collection, the Mach 3 Bass.

At the heart of the bundle there is still the software version of BBE's famous Sonic Maximiser hardware range, which is an emulation of their exclusive processing technologies that has set the benchmark for sound enhancement. World-renowned musicians have insisted upon using BBE Sound professional audio processors since they were first introduced in the '80s. 

BBE's Sonic Sweet "Optimised" will add clarity to the top end and fatness to the bottom, just like their famous hardware processors do without the "fizz" or digital "sizzle" common to most other sonic enhancers. The refinements brought by this new "Optimised" version extends to a new optimised GUI and improved controls for fine-tuning your sound.

*Because Sonic Sweet “Optimised” was completely rebuilt, it is NOT compatible with previous versions of BBE Sonic Sweet Plug-ins. Any sessions with a previous version of Sonic Sweet loaded into it must continue to use the old versions of the plug-ins.

To celebrate this new version, Nomad Factory and BBE Sound have partnered with DontCrack.com in order to offer a special “Sexy” introductory price of ONLY $69 instead of the regular $149.

*Previous Sonic Sweet owners can upgrade to the NEW Sonic Sweet v3.0 with the new “Mach 3 Bass” plug-in for ONLY $29 !!!

For more information, please visit the DontCrack.com website.

Sonic Sweet "Optimized" includes:

- Sonic Maximizer : The best way to get that professional sound and extra sparkle that is so difficult to capture, 

- Harmonic Maximizer : Increases Presence and Clarity, restoring Natural Brightness and adding Deeper and Extended Low Frequencies, 

- Loudness Maximizer : A mixing and mastering multi-band limiter plug-in. Its ultimate transparency allows the Loudness Maximizer to 'dramatically' increase the overall level of your mix without audible pumping effects 

- Mach 3 Bass : Take your low end to new sonic depths…

Product Requirements:

- Windows 7 & 8
- Mac OS 10.6 and above (including 10.10 Yosemite)
- VST - AU - RTAS - AAX Native
- 32 & 64 bit Support
- Up to 5 computers authorisation

Please  DOWNLOAD and try the new BBE Sonic Sweet “Optimised” bundle from the Nomad Factory website.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!

12 Replies Related Threads

guthook
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/27 22:49:32 (permalink)
    Seems you can only use Paypal. Tried to use a credit card but the links are dead. Site looks a bit hokey. Has anyone used them before?

Sonar X3e Producer Edition
    Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
    HP Pavilion 500 i3-3240
    Intel Core 3.40Ghz, 8G ram
    Win 8.1, 64bit

Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/27 22:52:06 (permalink)
    Yup.

Before you buy read this thread about the old version I suggest:

http://forum.recordingreview.com/f8/anybody-tried-out-bbes-sonic-sweet-audio-plugin-suite-31144/

Use lightly! :)

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    FCCfirstclass
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 969
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/29 10:11:07 (permalink)
    I tried to post on Monday, but I was locked out of my user account.  Finally fixed it today.

As far as the BBE plug ins go.  I have used them for over 30 years.  I still have my rack mount model 402.

Dontcrack has been around for a while.  You need to use them for the $29 upgrade price.   The issue with Paypal has happened to me before.  Just click on the Paypal button and the second screen will then give you the options of using them or a credit or debt card.  My debt card worked just fine.

Hope this helps.  The now 4 BBE plugs work very well.  I use them on almost every project that I do.  They have demos available and no Ilok needed.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
    John T
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6783
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/30 09:58:34 (permalink)
    This is fairly eye-opening. It's a review of the hardware version, not the plug-in, but it doesn't inspire great confidence in the BBE tech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LosL-gdHLpk

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
    Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
    Sanderxpander
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3873
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/30 10:20:24 (permalink)
    I don't want to say one way or another, but a couple of points about the review itself;
    1. The lack of bass in bypass mode is a hardware issue. It seems pretty disingenuous, but I don't know anything about the unit in question. In any case, any PLUGIN version you might have wouldn't have such issues.
    2. The guy says that all that the processing knobs do is create a smiley face EQ, when in fact that is 
        a. not the case, as there is a clear phase twist, not to mention the phase twist points move when using the EQ (as     you might expect I suppose)
        b. all he is testing for is phase and frequency response, so obviously that's all that he'll be able to find.

Not defending BBE or even that unit, just thought it was worth noting.
    I do have a BBE DI that I sometimes use on my Rhodes and I think is pretty nice. I think their main "marketing" point has always been the phase issue. Haven't used the plugins.

I agree with the guy that there probably aren't many (any?) pro studios using that on their master bus.
    John T
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/30 15:49:03 (permalink)
    He does mention the phase alteration, he's just pointing out that the two knobs on the unit don't have much to do with it.

Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
    Sanderxpander
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/30 16:09:34 (permalink)
    I'm not an expert on these things, so excuse me if I'm talking nonsense here, but I clearly see the phase alteration readout changing while he is moving the knobs. Perhaps not drastically, but still. Not to mention there are other possible effects that he isn't measuring for.

EDIT: By the way their entire marketing schpiel always sounded like audio voodoo to me, but it hasn't kept me from getting their DI and it does pretty well on my Rhodes with the processing on, and on bass guitar whenever I need to record one. The sounds becomes mildly compressed rather than just EQd, to my ears.
    John T
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/30 16:22:23 (permalink)
    Well, it would modify it somewhat. EQ is changing phase of different bands.

But it's clear that the majority of the Sonic Maximizer effect comes from just the main phase bodge it does simply by being turned on.

Sanderxpander
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/30 16:36:45 (permalink)
    True, but that's exactly as described in the manual.

By the way, their reasoning is mainly about "standard" speakers/amps. I wonder if it is at all relevant to modern processor driven speakers.
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/31 13:23:38 (permalink)
    The BBE Sound Process Explained:'
    Loudspeakers have difficulty working with the electronic signals supplied by an amplifier. These difficulties cause such major phase and amplitude distortion that the sound reproduced by speaker differs significantly from the sound produced by the original source. In the past, these problems proved unsolvable and were thus relegated to a position of secondary importance in audio system design. However, phase and amplitude integrity is essential to accurate sound reproduction.

Research shows that the information which the listener translates into the recognizable characteristics of a live performance are intimately tied into complex time and amplitude relationships between the fundamental and harmonic components of a given musical note or sound. These relationships define a sound's “sound”. When these complex relationships pass through a speaker, the proper order is lost. The higher frequencies are delayed. A lower frequency may reach the listener's ear first or perhaps simultaneously with that of a higher frequency. In some cases, the fundamental components may be so time-shifted that they reach the listener's ear ahead of some or all of the harmonic components. This change in the phase and amplitude relationship on the harmonic and fundamental frequencies is technically called “envelope distortion.” The listener perceives this loss of sound integrity in the reproduced sound as "muddy" and “smeared.”In the extreme, it can become difficult to tell the difference between musical instruments, for example, an oboe and a clarinet.

BBE Sound, Inc. conducted extensive studies of numerous speaker systems over a ten year period. With this knowledge, it became possible to identify the characteristics of an ideal speaker and to distill the corrections necessary to return the fundamental and harmonic frequency structures to their correct order. While there are differences among various speaker designs in the magnitude of their correction, the overall pattern of correction needed is remarkably consistent. The BBE Process is so unique that 42 patents have been awarded by the U.S. Patent Office.

If your B.S. meter isn't already dancing in the red, it should be.

It's essentially a three-band fixed-band EQ that lets control the boost from two of the bands. In short, a mid-scooper. Yes, you get some phase shift - any non-linear-phase equalizer does that, and except in extreme cases (very large bass boosts), it's inaudible .

Even assuming said shift is actually beneficial, how do you know if it's an appropriate "fix" for your particular speakers? Or if your speakers (or your listeners' speakers) even need fixing in the first place? 

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Sanderxpander
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/07/31 13:39:17 (permalink)
    As far as I understand it, the phase shift is intentional and relatively separate from the EQ part (although obviously it does move somewhat). I can imagine a fix like this being "generally" appropriate on older analog systems (disregarding whether it's necessary at all), but I was wondering above if modern processor based speakers don't actually already compensate for the things they're talking about.
    jbraner
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1830
    Re: BBE Sonic Sweet Optimized - V3 is now available from Nomad Factory 2014/08/01 08:24:04 (permalink)
    The BBE sonic maximiser has been around for *years*. Whether or not you believe in the *magic* of the *secret process* is up to you - but people still use these type of plugs on a snare drum or even a "dead" bass guitar for example. Can you do the same thing with EQ? Probably - but it's easier with a BBE plug. Just turn it on - et voila!

I actually got these plugs cheap because I had the old Cakewalk BBE plugin from *years ago*. Now the ver 3 upgrade is $29 - so it's not a big deal.

I'd say it's good to have in the armory, and you'd definitely use these things sparingly.

If you don't believe in the *magic* - I'd say just forget it and move on. it's not worth arguing about, and definitely not worth wasting time analysing waveforms etc etc

Just my £0.02 (worth $0.03)

John Braner
    https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
    - Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
    - Cakewalk by BandLab x64
    - Reaper x64
    - 16GB RAM
    - Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
    - MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
    I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
    er - that's it I think...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1