Helpful ReplyCan't sign in as SteveStrummerUK. Is this is not good security-wise? Any ideas?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Can't sign in as SteveStrummerUK. Is this is not good security-wise? Any ideas? 2014/07/30 19:06:40 (permalink)
Beepster
I'm probably gonna regret asking this but who was this Bobby character you guys elude to every now and again?

Beep, Bobby posts in the Songs forum occasionally as Serious Noize.

The main reason he's often mentioned in dispatches, should the opportunity arise, is because he had a habit of regularly committing messy and prolonged forum suicide.

Every now and again he'd lose it completely (for the flimsiest of reasons) and then proceed to tell everyone that he was leaving the Cakewalk forums for good never to return. However, within a week or so he'd be back again but usually under a new username. I reckon he came back with a new name at least 7 or 8 times, and if you include the times he 'left for good' and then came back without changing it you'd probably be looking at around 20 'false' suicides.

Plus he often tended to get a bit excitable, even when he was functioning kind of 'normally'.

He once admitted that he had a problem with booze, and said that was the cause of some of his paranoia and excitability. Although he got a fair bit of ribbing, he was often extended compassion and offered understanding by a few of us in here, although most of us eventually got that friendliness thrown back in our face.

It's a shame really, because he played a mean guitar and came up with some decent tunes. But in common with his Songs forum 'friend' "Night Fox" (James Spivey, aka 'Radio'), he couldn't take any (constructive) criticism of his recording technique, and would fly off the handle at the slightest perceived negative appraisal of his tunes.

I think in the end, he'd burned so many bridges that most of us just stopped commenting on his music.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Can't sign in as SteveStrummerUK. Is this is not good security-wise? Any ideas? 2014/07/30 19:52:37 (permalink)
Ah, I see. Yeah, booze is a hell of a drug. Especially if there are underlying... uh... personality issues which unfortunately tends to be why many reach for the bottle in the first place. Sad stuff.
Old55
  • Total Posts : 19791
Re: Can't sign in as SteveStrummerUK. Is this is not good security-wise? Any ideas? 2014/07/30 22:31:03 (permalink)
craigb
Never understood the multiple login thing myself either.  It dilutes your post count. 

Schizophrenia?  

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: Can't sign in as SteveStrummerUK. Is this is not good security-wise? Any ideas? 2014/07/30 23:46:29 (permalink)
I can confirm this behavior.

I also am unable to sign in as SteveStummerUK.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1