NI B4 II not registering any MIDI notes

Author
jcdenton825
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2014/07/21 22:09:05 (permalink)

NI B4 II not registering any MIDI notes

Hey guys!

So a few weeks ago I was laying down an organ part on a project of mine, and after I was done I saved the track and went to bed. The next morning when I opened it up, no MIDI input was being registered on B4. Usually, if i wanted to get sound, I would "jiggle" the drive knob on the VST with my mouse and it would come through. Now, nothing is registering, jiggle and all. If I play it with my mouse, it works, so that rules out the issue of a broken sample library. I tried changing the MIDI inputs to Omni, to 1, and just about everything else. Nothing worked. Same problem in the standalone version. However, when I drag a MIDI file to it, it plays it just fine. But when I try to play, it doesn't work. Every other VST I have works just fine on the same settings. Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Replies Related Threads

Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re: NI B4 II not registering any MIDI notes 2014/07/24 22:25:53 (permalink)
    Make sure you're triggering with the correct midi channel. The B4 has separate receive channels for the upper - lower and pedals. Not sure I understand what you mean by giggling the drive knob on the vst. You may want to go through the CC controls to make sure that one of the outputs IE  ( drive  / amps outputs -swell  foot volume )  there's a couple of different places to set gain controls- Make sure one of them isn't requiring an odd ball controller to wake up

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    jcdenton825
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: NI B4 II not registering any MIDI notes 2014/07/27 02:47:46 (permalink)
    Hey thanks for the reply. so far I tried changing the outputs, I changed the CC controls as such too. Controller: Omni and Upper: 1 (the only part of B4 I use), still absolutely nothing. The Mod Wheel and the keys are not registering, and I can't even use the learn function to set different parameters.
    Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re: NI B4 II not registering any MIDI notes 2014/07/30 23:48:53 (permalink)
    This may be old school Sonar talking but, do you get a midi light flashing on the midi monitor on the task bar? Sounds like you're either not correctly midi echoing thru the channel or your interface isn't talking midi to Sonar appropriately.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1