Z3ta+ 2 Installation problems

Author
DNEAVES
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/08/05 04:16:01 (permalink)

Z3ta+ 2 Installation problems

So as the title says, I had several errors installing Zeta+ 2.

First, I got several thousand errors during installation saying "<file name> could not be installed because file or directory is corrupt or unreadable". it allowed me to retry, abort, or ignore these. I retried as many as i could, ignored the rest (which was basically the entire "tunings" section, the VST, and a few others). It didnt work with my DAW (Ableton 9), clearly cause i skipped the VST as mentioned before. Additionally, now Ableton is giving me errors out of nowhere just because i tried to "advanced" install the VST straight to my Ableton VST folder.

Then, after aborting it a few times after running it with Administrative permissions, I get "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\Temp\is-NHCRA.tmp; Error 1392: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". I managed to fix this by deleting the folder "C:\CakewalkContent\Z3ta+2\"

Back to the installation again, more of "<file> error, file or directory is corrupt or unreadable", seems to be mostly the Tunings section (which, as a note, happened to be towards the end of the installation).

I seem to have managed to fix this by opening up more space on my hard drive, cause it was near full. Additionally, Ableton "fixed" itself. Unusual, but I'd figure id still make this thread to let people know whats up if they have errors

System: Win8 64x, roughly 17GB Free (post-installation, you might need more than 10 free pre-installation)

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1