2014/08/14 22:56:09 (permalink)

Minimal Systems Dreamscape

Dreamscape 50% off...

http://minimalsystem.us4....d17f3&e=c4a9bc0fb1

5 Replies Related Threads

JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Minimal Systems Dreamscape 2014/08/15 22:34:41 (permalink)
    Picked this up for about 26 US yen and does a good job. Some nice dark reverbs as well as more shrill tones that can be dialed in. Smoothness of the reverb and lack of slapback put it near professional quality.

The section of the demo that is greyed out is just a simple delay unit, no time mod stuff. Lot of harmonic control over the delay signal.

The presets are there with the registerd version.

Straight dll drag and drop with no activation required.

Only thing I'm asking myself is if I really needed another reverb.

John

JohnKenn
    Re: Minimal Systems Dreamscape 2014/08/16 13:42:05 (permalink)
    One small shortcoming I found in Dreamscape.

The echo part of the unit (can't use in demo mode) has the echo speed for right and left channel set to several fixed rates, so you can't do an analog sweep to fine tune the rate. Linking the rates of the channels results in a standard mono repeat although you can set the resonance differently for right and left.

There is a lot of very nice control over the reverb quality that is not intuitive from the layout. Takes some time to learn what the knobs are doing.

John
    JohnKenn
    Re: Minimal Systems Dreamscape 2014/08/17 21:26:28 (permalink)
    Buyer's remorse setting in...over $26 US rupees...

Cool plug. Can report that the delay unit has 7 detents, sync'd with Sonar's clock. No way I can find to unsync from the clock to get outside the restriction.

Not a big thing because the plug is cool.

My problem is having caved in to another purchase when I have everything Allah could require in the way of reverbs.

GAS throwback here in the wild. Got to put a stop to it and maybe this excess is the tipping point for me.

Going to use the damnable thing until it breaks, and swear to mighty Lord Krishna, I don't need no more reverbs. Don't need no more plugins.

Crap, just saw that Revalver is going to ver 4 two days from now. Where'd I put the credit card...

Love,
    John
    cclarry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20964
    Re: Minimal Systems Dreamscape 2014/08/17 22:39:25 (permalink)
    JohnKenn
    Buyer's remorse setting in...over $26 US rupees...

Cool plug. Can report that the delay unit has 7 detents, sync'd with Sonar's clock. No way I can find to unsync from the clock to get outside the restriction.

Not a big thing because the plug is cool.

My problem is having caved in to another purchase when I have everything Allah could require in the way of reverbs.

GAS throwback here in the wild. Got to put a stop to it and maybe this excess is the tipping point for me.

Going to use the damnable thing until it breaks, and swear to mighty Lord Krishna, I don't need no more reverbs. Don't need no more plugins.

Crap, just saw that Revalver is going to ver 4 two days from now. Where'd I put the credit card...

Love,
    John

Dear John....I feel for you...because I feel the same...

JohnKenn
    Re: Minimal Systems Dreamscape 2014/08/17 23:01:04 (permalink)
    Larry,

Miserable state of existence. Depraved beyond mortal comprehension.

Trying to do a reality check, but will not help in the long run.

A credit card is an inert, inanimate piece of plastic. Try to tell myself this to get a hold on the invading affliction.

How come it vibrates and glows, comes to life every time you give us a heads up.

Hopeless reject on the Oregon coast. Lord Buddha have pity on me in my dark hour....

John
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1