Dimension Pro missing plugins

Author
Robert Morin
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
2014/08/16 18:22:24 (permalink)

Dimension Pro missing plugins

Hi:

I just bought a new computer and, as a result, did a fresh install of Sonar x2 and Dimension Pro 1.5 [“DM”].

I have a current project that I’m working on where I’m using DM extensively throughout. However, as a result of the fresh installs, when I open the project a message pops up saying that the DM plugins are missing or are improperly installed.

I did some digging and Cakewalk has previously addressed this issue with the following advice:

“This is a result of the identifier for the plugin having changed so the host is not able to locate the old plugin since it is replaced by the new plugin. It is not a problem of the plugin or of the installer, just simply a matter of changing the plugin reference in the host project by removing the instance of Dimension Pro in the project then re-inserting it.”

I’m concerned about following the advice in that if I remove the instances of DM from the project, I’ll lose all the settings and edits that I have made to the various DM samples that I have been working with. Then again, perhaps I’m misinterpreting the advice and, if done correctly, I won’t lose anything.

Another webpage from Cakewalk simply says "exit SONAR without saving, reinstall the missing plug-ins and then re-open the project." Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to reinstall the missing plugins.

Any help/instructions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

3 Replies Related Threads

cclarry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20964
    Re: Dimension Pro missing plugins 2014/08/16 18:38:45 (permalink)
    There should be a way to save your settings as a "preset" I believe...

Save the preset, remove the plugin, re-insert the plugin and go back to the preset...
    that should solve the probem of losing the settings...if not, then use notepad to make
    a note of the settings...and do the same, and then re-set the settings with the note.

Better safe then sorry I always say...also save a backup copy of the project so that
    if something goes wrong in the process you can get right back to where you are...

Elffin
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1196
    Re: Dimension Pro missing plugins 2014/08/18 06:53:48 (permalink)
    Could you have use Dimension pro dxi in your earlier work? The dxi version was discontinued in the 1.5 update.. worth a look?
    Robert Morin
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Dimension Pro missing plugins 2014/08/18 18:50:54 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies.

I ended up creating new Dimension Pro tracks where I copied and pasted/uploaded the track data and plugins from the old tracks. A bit laborious but everything works now.

Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1