Kontakt instrument settings changing in Sonar X3 Producer

Author
gbar
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
2014/08/16 16:20:53 (permalink)

Kontakt instrument settings changing in Sonar X3 Producer

So here's my issue: I recently purchased 8dio's Bazantar for Kontakt. Any midi instrument track I create in Sonar X3 using Kontakt and this instrument will not reload in the state I saved it in. Things like pitch, speed, etc all change, so the one project I created using several tracks of this instrument last night sounded like somebody whacking a bag of cats with a stick this morning.

I figured out that I could reload the instruments, and while it wasn't exactly what I saved, it no longer sounded like I was murdering cats

So... I have unchecked every MIDI project option under Sonar's preferences (based on a prior experience where the "zero controls" option was doing terrible things to other Kontakt instruments), and that has had no effect. I tried making sure the stand-alone Kontakt and Sonar project had the same sample rates which also did nothing to fix my problem.

Anybody with any ideas?

3 Replies Related Threads

gbar
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 44
    Re: Kontakt instrument settings changing in Sonar X3 Producer 2014/08/20 16:43:57 (permalink)
    Bump.  Still haven't figured this one out :(
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Kontakt instrument settings changing in Sonar X3 Producer 2014/08/20 16:56:20 (permalink)
    You may get a faster answer in the X series forum above this one. This forum is for older Pre-X series versions of SONAR. While there are Kontakt users here, very few X series users read and post on this forum.
    dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: Kontakt instrument settings changing in Sonar X3 Producer 2014/08/21 08:27:33 (permalink)
    This is due to Kontakt's Time Machine pitch shifting engine. For some reason, not known to me, Sonar doesn't reset the time machine's parameters properly, so the samples get sped up or slowed down. I have the same problem with another Kontakt library as well. The vendor suggested that it might be possible to convert the samples bit depth/rate to match whatever your audio interface is set for in Sonar and this could cure the symptoms. I passed on that solution. Instead, I save the the instrument with all of my settings as a new instrument in Kontakt and reload it after reopening a project.

Not a perfect solution, I know...

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1