Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2014/08/21 01:36:31 (permalink)

Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods

Is there any biological downside to eating an all-cereal diet? Guess I'd better ask before I order the year's supply. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

18 Replies Related Threads

Rain
    • Total Posts : 9736
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 02:09:24 (permalink)
    Guess it depends on your biological profile.:P

I'm not much of a cereal guy myself, save for a bowl of Irish oatmeal w/ fresh fruits - blueberries, preferably. I don't eat bread either, save once every x months when I indulge in a burger or a spaghetti.

We do indulge massively in these though:

We buy 6-8 of these boxes every week and I can't tell you how devastated we were when WF ran out of them for a couple of weeks. Of course there are alternatives, but these are just so darn tasty and lower on calories - 45 calories a bar.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 02:34:44 (permalink)
    They ring a bell...I might have had those before. 

Did you know that Whole Foods has been deliberately "running out of stock" of stuff in order to raise awareness about the food shortages which could result from the drop in the bee population? I've been going crazy in that store over the last year as many of my regular purchases have been going out of stock for weeks at a time. There was a period when you couldn't get any of their own brand almond milk, then it was peanut butter, and then the jars of Olympos beets (I love those so much that when they're in stock I buy like 12 jars of them and almost pull my arms out of my sockets on the walk home). Anyway....first world problems....

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Rain
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 02:48:16 (permalink)
    They do that on purpose?!!! That's unfair - I'm fully aware of the impact of the drop in bee population! :P

Do I need to drop a bucket of ice on my head to prove that I'm aware or do I need a special wristband? 

I wonder whether Trader Joe's been doing the same thing - they too have been running out of lots "essential" we do buy all the time. Like those bags of raw mixed nuts I eat tons of - they were out of them for over 2 months. 

That had a serious impact on my diet - I realize that it's absolutely insignificant relatively speaking, but I'm on very strict diet and that is the product I need, not one of the poor alternatives they have to offer. Our grocery list is actually a pretty rigid thing, there isn't much room for improvisation. And unlike in NY, where we used to just grab stuff for dinner on our way back at the end of the day, here we go once for the whole week. 

Considering that we spend hundreds $ there and chez Whole Foods every week, I think it's pretty lame that they'll punish me based on the assumption that I need to be made aware. 

auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 09:24:16 (permalink)
    rain - does the umlaut in the product name make them taste more metal??

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 10:36:52 (permalink)
    Don't even get me started on that ice bucket challenge craze....

I've noticed far less organic produce at Whole Foods this summer. They seem to have been getting things in drips and drabs. And a lot of the stuff I normally buy has been low quality - for instance their organic red onions have been so rotten you have to rummage through 100 of them before you find an acceptable one, and their sunchokes have been all soft and moist and covered in purple blotches. I don't know how much of this has been to do with da beez but it sucks.

James
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 12:41:33 (permalink)
    I can't stop eating deep fried bees.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 13:51:03 (permalink)
    Bee livers on cocktail sticks are nice.

James
    Rain
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 14:49:36 (permalink)
    sharke

I've noticed far less organic produce at Whole Foods this summer. They seem to have been getting things in drips and drabs. And a lot of the stuff I normally buy has been low quality - for instance their organic red onions have been so rotten you have to rummage through 100 of them before you find an acceptable one, and their sunchokes have been all soft and moist and covered in purple blotches. I don't know how much of this has been to do with da beez but it sucks.

I've had so much problems with my veggies rotting away lately, my greens in particular. Every Wednesday, I used to buy a big bag green beans, half a dozen baby bok choys and some brocoli, which would last me until the next Wednesday.

But they've gotten so bad that the last time, I only managed to fix one meal on Friday and had to trash the rest of my greens the following day.

So now, I only buy a fistful of green beens and go to the nearby Fresh and Easy during the week to grab more veggies as needed.

craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 14:57:31 (permalink)
    jamesg1213
    I can't stop eating deep fried bees.

I hear it's all the buzz lately.

(Still better than posh, organic Caca Pops though...)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 15:06:21 (permalink)
    Rain
    sharke

I've had so much problems with my veggies rotting away lately, my greens in particular. Every Wednesday, I used to buy a big bag green beans, half a dozen baby bok choys and some brocoli, which would last me until the next Wednesday.

But they've gotten so bad that the last time, I only managed to fix one meal on Friday and had to trash the rest of my greens the following day.

So now, I only buy a fistful of green beens and go to the nearby Fresh and Easy during the week to grab more veggies as needed.

Did you try the Bluapple yet? I find a couple of those in my salad drawer keeps greens nice and fresh.

James
    Rain
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 15:26:55 (permalink)
    sharke
    Rain
    sharke

Did you try the Bluapple yet? I find a couple of those in my salad drawer keeps greens nice and fresh.

Yes I did! Works great, actually - thanks again for suggesting it. But I'm guessing that in this case, those greens were probably on the verge of turning when I got them.

sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 21:58:10 (permalink)
    Do they sell microgreens down there? Whole Foods have these great locally grown ones. Pea shoots, sunflower, arugula, bok choi, kale and a few others. They're just little shoots but they're bursting with flavor (never thought I'd ever use "bursting with flavor" in a sentence but there it is). Well anyway these have been an essential part of our salads for the past year or so but just recently we've been getting boxes of them that have turned out to be soggy and wet, with that horrible off smell which greens get when they're through. Like Jerry Seinfeld, I always had a "no returns" policy for fruit and veg, but just recently I've been thinking the heck with it and taking everything back that's not 100% what it should be. They never ask questions (returning stuff in this country is sooooo damn easy compared to anywhere else I've lived ).

James
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/21 22:03:06 (permalink)
    On the subject of returning stuff, I have a friend who, every time he needs a drill (like once a year or so), he just goes and buys one from K-Mart, puts the shelves up or whatever, then takes it back and says "after 30 minutes of use it just shuts off. I want a refund!" Nobody's going to test that claim, especially not the gum-popping air head in customer services. I'm not sure I agree with the morality of it, then again I have no idea what happens to stuff like that when you take it back. Do they ditch it, or does it go back to the factory in China for testing and possible redeployment? 

James
    Ham N Egz
    • Total Posts : 15161
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/22 08:13:18 (permalink)
    sharke
    On the subject of returning stuff, I have a friend who, every time he needs a drill (like once a year or so), he just goes and buys one from K-Mart, puts the shelves up or whatever, then takes it back and says "after 30 minutes of use it just shuts off. I want a refund!" Nobody's going to test that claim, especially not the gum-popping air head in customer services. I'm not sure I agree with the morality of it, then again I have no idea what happens to stuff like that when you take it back. Do they ditch it, or does it go back to the factory in China for testing and possible redeployment? 

I had a girlfriend who worked for Lowes at one time.
    Customer bought a lawnmower, used it ALL summer, brought it back, said didnt work blah blah, got full refund. Was worn out had tons of dried grass all over it.
    I think lowes is one of the places you can put a brick in the box and they won't check it.

Green Acres is the place to be
     I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/22 08:22:27 (permalink)
    sharke

What an odd thing to do. Why not just borrow a drill from someone?

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/22 08:44:57 (permalink)
    sharke
    Do they ditch it, or does it go back to the factory in China for testing and possible redeployment? 

Nope.  Probably just repackaged and put back on the shelf as an "opened item." 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/22 10:35:02 (permalink)
    jamesg1213
    sharke

What an odd thing to do. Why not just borrow a drill from someone?

This is Manhattan. What are the chances of your neighbor owning a tool?

James
    sharke
    Re: Can't stop eating these posh organic Cacao Pops from Whole Foods 2014/08/22 10:36:06 (permalink)
    craigb
    sharke
    Do they ditch it, or does it go back to the factory in China for testing and possible redeployment? 

Nope.  Probably just repackaged and put back on the shelf as an "opened item." 

I know that feeling *sigh*

James
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1