Helpful ReplyLockedSampleTank FREE

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 11:57:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby IK Obi 2014/08/31 18:37:26
I would like to know if there are companies who offered free 64 bit versions of commercial products that are more than 5 years old aside from programs that already offered free lifetime upgrades? It just seems weird that several seem to expect free upgrades from IK.
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 12:05:27 (permalink)
Before anybody else comes in here can I just say, that I'm far more on Mesh's, Larry side of the fence in this.
I am a very long time user, I have all the instruments and many expansion packs.
When I went 64bit, Sampletank / tron  / moog etc etc did not like my 64bit set up even using Jbridge.
I was lucky that I still had my 32 bit system, so I linked via Vienna pro so I could still and still do use my IK products.
All I ever wanted was a 64bit upgrade to use what I had - and I would have paid for that like I am just about to pay for another manufactures upgrade to 64bit - OK that is only $20 but I fully accept and adhere to the principle of paying for necessary and worthwhile upgrades. I have paid to upgrade Kontact on a number of occasions over the years. 
That is not the issue i feel.
I honestly think IK's attitude (a good example being the above post) just sounds a bit  arrogant and even pompous  - perhaps it's just the way it's written but it almost seems designed to inflame further comment.
I think all forum members should just refrain from further comment and perhaps IK could just stop posting for a while. 
I see Cakewalk are discussing reorganization of the forums and I for one would definitely not like to lose something as valuable as the software forum, although I would not mind losing threads that degenerate too much into invective etc. 
It might help if IK just went away and worked on sorting out their long over due product - I decided to upgrade and ordered the boxed version - on their numerous visits here IK STILL cannot even announce a release date - not great.

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 12:22:05 (permalink)
I think IK does misfire when it responds to folks like Larry but I understand it. It's hard to silently sitback and watch yourself being described as brutally sodomizing people repeatedly. People responding to continuously over the top allegations tend to be a little reactionary in attitude and tone. I do see where IK has royally effed up when it comes to things like delivering product on time and even acknowledge they made the mistake of getting into petty arguments with detractors, but the idea that they somehow owe anybody anything is ridiculous. Of companies that took forevr to 64 bit, none of them offered any "loyalty" discount other than standard upgrade pricing. Pro tools didn't do it. Adobe did not do it for audition. Sony still charges full upgrade pricing for the still 32 bit sound forge and I am sure they will not be discounting when they finally get around to 64 bit.
drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 12:22:26 (permalink)
And just to be clear, I am sympathetic to the criticisms that IK didn't offer a free 64bit solution, and the delays, etc.

It's the ludicrous rants that every time IK comes out with a demo, has a sale or does just about anything that they are somehow committing crimes against humanity and then insulting any of us who aren't similarly apoplectic about it that I have completely lost patience with.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 12:29:47 (permalink)
The irony in wanting IK to go away is that the same voices will criticize companies for beng silent. Even when I cringe at IK's responses, I would still have them here engaging us than simply silently shrugging us off like some of the bigger companies do. I have PM'd IK staff and actually got a response and it's not like everything I said to them was praise. I actually found them very open to constructive criticism when it's not delivered with pitchforks and torches. When you bombard someone with bizarre accuastions of rape and bending people over with no condoms you are likley to get a not so good response.
Guitarpima
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4125
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 12:30:37 (permalink)
Nope, it's not ready. I took my AI's buffer as low as it could go and then adjusted the setting in ST3 to get it to play when I hit the key with no latency and could not get it low enough to work without weird artifacts. Plus, why are the buttons to get to those setting the same color as it's surroundings? Why not make everything red so everyone has to keep clicking away till something happens?

I'm glad you came out with the free so I could see that it's not something I would want.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 12:36:02 (permalink)
Guitarpima..just as an fyi..I suspect the free version was rushed and does not work at all like actual product. I have none of the issues you describe with the full version. The issues I have had so far were the vst3 version worked oddly in sonar prior to first patch and some of the larger instruments like piano take long to load. Other issues for me are things I would like improved rather than actual bugs.
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 13:04:32 (permalink)
Quotes day?

"Kinnnnnnkeeeeeey" ~Hedley Lamar, Blazing Saddles
Fog
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 14:57:31 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
Noting that the saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity" is often attributed to him too so in that respect thank you for creating this thread :)

oh but there is.. a certain maker of synths came on here.. was really rude to a point where I'd never buy their synth as it was highly unprofessional in their case. I was surprised how rude they were to the user on here tbh.

oh and I'll take a leaf out of IK's book... you lot made us wait years for an update.. so I'll wait years to buy st3 at this rate

fabfilter got my money the same day they launched a product.. says a lot for the bigger companies who seem more interested in extracting my money from my wallet with lack luster updates etc.

bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 16:09:01 (permalink)
" Never, never go against the family" Al Pacino in the God Father 2.

Rockt
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 18:11:22 (permalink)
Guitarpima
Nope, it's not ready. I took my AI's buffer as low as it could go and then adjusted the setting in ST3 to get it to play when I hit the key with no latency and could not get it low enough to work without weird artifacts. Plus, why are the buttons to get to those setting the same color as it's surroundings? Why not make everything red so everyone has to keep clicking away till something happens?

I'm glad you came out with the free so I could see that it's not something I would want.

Your experience (and the one other reported here) are not the norm.  Support is available to you for free/demo products too and our team can be reached here:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

I am sorry if my reply seemed somehow inappropriate, but I did not insult or disrespect anybody in my post.  I merely explained a decision that some here disagree with.  If that is viewed as arrogant, I am sorry because that is absolutely not the intention.
Zo
Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5036
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 18:13:18 (permalink)
Mesh
drewfx1
It can't import old libraries, so it's essentially a demo that allows unlimited use of a very limited instrument set.

This practically nullifies my need for ST3 as I have every library + synth for ST2, and all I need is the 64 bit player.

+ 64 !!

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
Softube Summit EQ
IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
EastWest Goshtwriter
Soundforge Pro 12

Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 18:42:51 (permalink)
Since someone asked, I'm pretty sure FabFilter released 64 bit versions after the original release of their first few plugs for free (i.e. I don't think Pro-C, when it was first released seven years ago, was 64 bit). More reasons to support them! Also GSi's VB3 VST organ was updated to 64 bit for free (at least for Windows, so far). Those are just a few that I have and know about, I'm sure there are more. Didn't IK state just now that they did it with Amplitube and T-Racks? It was implied that those were free upgrades as well.
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 18:55:21 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
Since someone asked, I'm pretty sure FabFilter released 64 bit versions after the original release of their first few plugs for free (i.e. I don't think Pro-C, when it was first released seven years ago, was 64 bit). More reasons to support them! Also GSi's VB3 VST organ was updated to 64 bit for free (at least for Windows, so far). Those are just a few that I have and know about, I'm sure there are more. Didn't IK state just now that they did it with Amplitube and T-Racks? It was implied that those were free upgrades as well.

I think I also specified products that were older than 5 years.  I fully expect a company to provide a free upgrade for a recent product , especially if there is no change other than merely changing to 64 bit. hate aside, even the most ardent IK hater can concede that there was more done than simply making it 64 bit, even if you are not impressed by those changes.
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 19:05:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tKx5050 2014/08/29 20:47:19
With all due respect dubdisciple, your personal IK multimedia crusade is now 3 pages long and getting old. It would be nice if we could all get off our rants and repeating our opinions over and over. Let's get this thread get back on topic which is about SampleTank 3 Free.

There are a few interested people asking questions and the IK guy is doing a good job in getting answers so lets please try to leave it for that purpose.

Kind regards,
Rick

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 19:16:39 (permalink)
dubdisciple

I think I also specified products that were older than 5 years.  I fully expect a company to provide a free upgrade for a recent product , especially if there is no change other than merely changing to 64 bit. hate aside, even the most ardent IK hater can concede that there was more done than simply making it 64 bit, even if you are not impressed by those changes.

Right, well, Fabfilter then :)
VB3 is at least four years old, possibly five, I couldn't say for sure though.
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 19:18:36 (permalink)
Just don't ask what the next sound set is yet.  I have to verify and hope it doesn't change.  Be gentle :P
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 20:52:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Schafe 2014/08/30 07:27:33
rtucker55
With all due respect dubdisciple, your personal IK multimedia crusade is now 3 pages long and getting old. It would be nice if we could all get off our rants and repeating our opinions over and over. Let's get this thread get back on topic which is about SampleTank 3 Free.

There are a few interested people asking questions and the IK guy is doing a good job in getting answers so lets please try to leave it for that purpose.

Kind regards,
Rick

With all due respect rick, the OP began the thread with insults and I simply responded.   I know this place gets awful clique-ish at times but to single me out while ignoring repeated homo-erotic sexually charged rants reeks of bias.  I know Larry tries to paint anyone who questions the validity of his rants in a very insulting light, but if you read carefully, I have have offered critiscisms as well as responses regarding the actual topic.  I clearly stated I think the whole sampletank 3 thing was a forced as well as other bad moves. Where as, the OP, made an insult, cut and pasted announcement and then posted long insults to IK and anyone who dared to disagree. How that helps anything is anyone's guess.  i agree repeating opinions gets old, but that is the nature of forums.  I would happily give it a rest, but I find it odd that you don't seem to tire of EVERY time IK is mentioned the topic changes to whatever weird rape or sexual violation analogy Larry can think of to apply that day. Every other participant in this thread, even those who have issues with IK has been civil.   It seems your tolerance of repeated behavior is very selective.
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 21:04:23 (permalink)
I know I had to pay for the 64bit Sonnox updates. And they use iLok too :)

cc is a highly regarded forum guy and has helped me find good deals on multiple occasions. And thruthfully, I enjoy his rants! I don't know why I respond to them sometimes, maybe I just want to fire him up a little when he seems to be cooling down.

Anything he says that is offensive can always be reported to HQ and theyll take care of it.

Aside: JonBouy also had a lo9ng running feud with IK too. Not being able to delete the IK manager or something like that.
tKx5050
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 21:10:03 (permalink)
Dub, buddy, you're becoming the anti-larry. I don't understand why anyone thinks that IK is even worth this much vitriol. They're certainly not worth good forum people squaring-off. 

Steve

Sonar Platinum, Quad-Capture, I7-3770, 32Gb
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 21:29:09 (permalink)
tKx5050
Dub, buddy, you're becoming the anti-larry. I don't understand why anyone thinks that IK is even worth this much vitriol. They're certainly not worth good forum people squaring-off. 

tK it's not even about IK.  As someone else pointed out, it's the odd insults at us that gets annoying.  He says some pretty harsh stuff about us regularly. I think if he left it just at IK, I would probably just laugh at the whole thing.  With that said, I happen to think highly of Larry.  Outside of this one issue, he is very helpful and I appreciate his diligence in finding software news and specials. 
tKx5050
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 21:43:30 (permalink)
dubdisciple
tKx5050

tK it's not even about IK.  As someone else pointed out, it's the odd insults at us that gets annoying.  He says some pretty harsh stuff about us regularly. I think if he left it just at IK, I would probably just laugh at the whole thing.  With that said, I happen to think highly of Larry.  Outside of this one issue, he is very helpful and I appreciate his diligence in finding software news and specials. 

Well said.... Now is everyone ready for a group hug! (just kidding you big lugs...)

Steve

Sonar Platinum, Quad-Capture, I7-3770, 32Gb
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 21:48:18 (permalink)
LMAO.  I am going to leave this thread alone because it's not likely to go anywhere.  I apologize for escalating this in any way.  If I ever meet Larry I will gladly buy him a beer
mixmkr
Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3169
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/29 23:54:00 (permalink)
yeah...there's a lot of wacko-s around here...but they all contribute invaluable info, that I'm being assimilated into a wacko myself...  maybe!  ;-D

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

cowboydan
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 908
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 06:08:39 (permalink)
I believe all companies have their good and bad points. Companies that admit their mistakes and learn from their mistakes are companies I will do business with. In the case of IK, i have always noticed that they try to pull a blanket around the mistakes and keep making mistakes and heated debates on the forum. If they just PM CC and solve what I think is a small problem, then everyone could live in PEACE.
I talked about companies. Cakewalk also let the ball drop with the X2 series with all the bugs in there. When they switched to X3 and did nothing more to upgrade X2 I found that to be a big mistake. A lot of people payed good money for the program and are still having to cope with that. 
In saying that the X3 has been one of the best programs out there . When X3 came out we also were confronted with the extra costs for the upgrade. Paying for something that a lot of people spent months and years working on I dont have a problem with. It turned out to be the best money I have spent.
Mistakes will be made in all walks of life. That is because we are HUMAN. If you made a mistake, admit to it and try to repair the damage as much as you can. This has been going on toooooooooooo long. 
IK, just repair the damage and be kind to the people on the forum. You sure need all of them in order to sell your software.

jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 10:53:42 (permalink)
dubdisciple
LMAO.  I am going to leave this thread alone because it's not likely to go anywhere.  I apologize for escalating this in any way.  If I ever meet Larry I will gladly buy him a beer

I'd go with a Coke... just sayin'.  

I am going to get the "Free ST3" Demo version and maybe later get ST3. I'm glad it is finally here and hope everything gets ironed out soon with the boxed version, if it isn't already. I have never used Kontakt, it is expensive and I haven't needed it enough to justify the cost. The afore mentioned Kurzweil, 88 key version comes in at around 3,400.00 USD. That is a big difference indeed. I bought a Yamaha PSR-2100 back when they were out. I picked it because it was the model where the piano and bass sounded good enough for me to use, anything I could find cheaper sounded a lot worse. I was looking at a Korg that was close to the same price but the Yammy has done what I needed. I'd like a nice expensive HW synth or piano but for now am going to look at ST3 and Kontakt. AS usual, I will want the premium version and KT is a lot of money, for me. That may be the deciding factor.
I do like Amplitude and other IK products. I like the Custom Shop setup too.
Maybe I would feel different if I had invested a lot of money in ST2, IDK.
I do think that some have allowed this to become a bigger problem with them than it should be. Life is short and to be this upset over software isn't worth it and I suspect one can do more harm to themselves than anyone else by harboring such stress. It isn't worth it, IMO.
Just my 2 centavos...

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 12:19:53 (permalink)
dubdisciple
I think IK does misfire when it responds to folks like Larry but I understand it. It's hard to silently sitback and watch yourself being described as brutally sodomizing people repeatedly. People responding to continuously over the top allegations tend to be a little reactionary in attitude and tone. I do see where IK has royally effed up when it comes to things like delivering product on time and even acknowledge they made the mistake of getting into petty arguments with detractors, but the idea that they somehow owe anybody anything is ridiculous. Of companies that took forevr to 64 bit, none of them offered any "loyalty" discount other than standard upgrade pricing. Pro tools didn't do it. Adobe did not do it for audition. Sony still charges full upgrade pricing for the still 32 bit sound forge and I am sure they will not be discounting when they finally get around to 64 bit.

Grampa, what does brutally sodomizing mean???
Well sweetie.......

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 15:39:57 (permalink)
ampfixer

Grampa, what does brutally sodomizing mean???
Well sweetie.......

Um..it's like a variation of the Heimlich manuever not taught in CPR class. I'm sure I would regret that one the first time anyone around the kid actually was in danger of choking.
mgh
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 16:13:39 (permalink)
without getting in to the politics of it all, the piano included in SampleTank 3 is bloody good...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
jimusic
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1325
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 19:52:18 (permalink)
dubdisciple
I would like to know if there are companies who offered free 64 bit versions of commercial products that are more than 5 years old aside from programs that already offered free lifetime upgrades? It just seems weird that several seem to expect free upgrades from IK.

Only 2 that I'm sure of are:
1. Voxengo
2. Stillwell Audio

Sure because I have plugs from both.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1