Upgrade Sonar X3 to "Studio": Some songs now corrupt

Author
anorak
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
2014/08/31 15:04:18 (permalink)

Upgrade Sonar X3 to "Studio": Some songs now corrupt

Hi

I have Update my Sonar X3 to Studio and now some songs are corrupted.

Some songs will show right, but the VST Instruments be "Silent". (When I start a New Song and load the Instruments they run perfect).

In another song the Instruments are shown right as "Alpha Ray". But there still no instruments, but a Midi-Bypass, and not of the Alpharay, but the Kontakt-Player.. Thats a big desaster, because that were 4 loaded and programmed Synthesizer-VSTs  :(

Why does it happend? And how can i change it back?
Here you see it: I never used this MIDI-Bypasses in this songs...

3 Replies Related Threads

sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Upgrade Sonar X3 to "Studio": Some songs now corrupt 2014/08/31 21:36:26 (permalink)
    This forum is  for the older versions of sonar but however-- 

Didn't you keep your old version loaded? You don't need to un install older versions and most of us keep them for a while until the smoke settles. RE install X3 and finish those projects. or

- this might be a simple case of you have not scanned all your possible plug in folders, go to the plug in manager and make sure you have included all possible locations. 

or did you possibly install the 32 bit version this time and were using 64 bit before?? Some plug ins won't work in the wrong environment. 

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

anorak
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: Upgrade Sonar X3 to "Studio": Some songs now corrupt 2014/09/01 04:41:58 (permalink)
    Oh Sorry.. Didn't seen it :)

To the Problem:
    I have Sonar on Steam. After i purchase the new version, Steam does the Update on his own.
    But all preference were gone. I have to set the path to the VSTs new and refresh them.
    When i do a new project, the VSTs work all fine. But in older Projects, all Settings are gone, or wrong.

I use the x64 Version of Sonar first. After I see, that many VSTi not work in 64Bit mode (Sonar crashes at saving projects), I change to the 32Bit Version. Same is my Oxygen 61 Midi-Keyboard. Only in 32Bit Mode i can use the Controller-Fader. So I use the 32Bit Version. The 64Bit Tracks are not possible to load in 32Bit Mode, so sometimes I change to the 64Bit Sonar, to work on these songs.

But now its Over, because the Songs not work even more..

The VSTs are loaded, as I say.. In "normal way", they where Loaded und run. But when I use some older songs, they dont run or wrong..
    lawp
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1154
    Re: Upgrade Sonar X3 to "Studio": Some songs now corrupt 2014/09/01 09:59:11 (permalink)
    post in the steam forum, you'll get an an answer there, good luck!

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1