Helpful ReplyLockedSampleTank FREE

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 20:10:34 (permalink)
jimusic.. good examples but those are both companies that perpetually offer free updates to new versions of the same software.  Perhaps I should have specified all new versions  i.e giving 32 bit Elephant owners a free 64 bit elephant 2 upgrade. The equivalent example is if IK had released ST2.5 as 64 bit and charged for it.  Of course, if you feel that ST3 is merely ST2.5 with 64-bit than you may already feel that is the case.
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 20:11:57 (permalink)
jbow..had to read that twice to catch the capitalization.  Thought for a second you were implying Larry had a cocaine habit. lol
Schafe
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 21:25:51 (permalink)
Jeezz now this topic has everything.....Sex, Drugs and Rock'n Roll

Asus Intel i7 -3770K 4.2 GHZ,16 GB Ram,Samsung 500 GB SSD,3 TB HD, Dual 27" Monitors, Windows 10, Motu 896mk3 interface, Behringer Eurolive B208d's, Roland A-800 pro Keyboard, Sonar Platinum, Melodyne  Editor, Kontakt5, Jackson Charvel, Fiddles and things.
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/30 21:27:34 (permalink)
Oh...and Hello Kitty is not a cat!!
lawp
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1154
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/08/31 03:31:58 (permalink)
Blimey

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/01 07:46:21 (permalink)
Addictive Drums was upgraded after quite a few years to 64bit at no charge - they only charged an upgrade price when the introduced AD2

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/01 09:55:20 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
SampleTank 3 is far more than a "face lift" and SampleTank 2.x products were never sold as anything but 32-bit products, and had a very long lifespan as such.  I am sorry but I don't see how you are paying twice for something when you got exactly what you paid for when you purchased and used SampleTank products in their 32-bit form (as mentioned - and at the core of what I'm seeing in many posts - for years in many cases).  They served well doing exactly what was stated on the tin, and for quite a long time for the long-term customers that I see expressing disdain for having to upgrade.

We stated that SampleTank 3 would be the 64-bit version, was a major update not just a 64-bit version by any means, and that the long-in-the-tooth 32-bit libraries would need to be imported into it to run in 64-bit.  We did provide 64-bit upgrades to T-RackS and AmpliTube as they were far more recently-updated products and thought we were clear about the major changes to the SampleTank line.  We did post an explanation before SampleTank 3 was released, so we could be as clear as possible, on our forum to clear up some questions that were being asked too:  Why SampleTank 3 for 64-bit? An explanation.

I understand you disagree with the above, and you most certainly have that right and the right to your own opinion on the matter.

Again, at EVERY STEP, they make ABSOLUTELY no apology to ANYONE...5 years without an OUNCE
of support for a Product that many paid THOUSANDS FOR...and that's ok?

THIS IS the Corporate BEAST that I fight.  And if you guys can't (and DON'T WANT TO) see it...
I feel VERY SORRY FOR YOU!

READ THIS REPLY CAREFULLY....LONG LIFE SPAN (DERH) it died almost 5 years ago...but
then the SAVIOR IK resurrected it and now says this AND PAY US!!!  And all the people said "AMEN".

WOW...just WOW....

Kev999
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3922
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/01 21:16:59 (permalink)
Beware that if you use the free version in any projects and upgrade to the full version later, the sounds and settings that you have used may not be recognised and you would need to load them (or their equivalents) up again. This was the case with the free version of SonikSynth that I tried a few years ago.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
Having fun at work lately
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/01 22:56:31 (permalink)
cclarry
IK_Multimedia
SampleTank 3 is far more than a "face lift" and SampleTank 2.x products were never sold as anything but 32-bit products, and had a very long lifespan as such.  I am sorry but I don't see how you are paying twice for something when you got exactly what you paid for when you purchased and used SampleTank products in their 32-bit form (as mentioned - and at the core of what I'm seeing in many posts - for years in many cases).  They served well doing exactly what was stated on the tin, and for quite a long time for the long-term customers that I see expressing disdain for having to upgrade.

We stated that SampleTank 3 would be the 64-bit version, was a major update not just a 64-bit version by any means, and that the long-in-the-tooth 32-bit libraries would need to be imported into it to run in 64-bit.  We did provide 64-bit upgrades to T-RackS and AmpliTube as they were far more recently-updated products and thought we were clear about the major changes to the SampleTank line.  We did post an explanation before SampleTank 3 was released, so we could be as clear as possible, on our forum to clear up some questions that were being asked too:  Why SampleTank 3 for 64-bit? An explanation.

I understand you disagree with the above, and you most certainly have that right and the right to your own opinion on the matter.

Again, at EVERY STEP, they make ABSOLUTELY no apology to ANYONE...5 years without an OUNCE

THIS IS the Corporate BEAST that I fight.  And if you guys can't (and DON'T WANT TO) see it...

READ THIS REPLY CAREFULLY....LONG LIFE SPAN (DERH) it died almost 5 years ago...but
then the SAVIOR IK resurrected it and now says this AND PAY US!!!  And all the people said "AMEN".

WOW...just WOW....

Dude..............................Let it go already.

Rocky
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/02 04:15:10 (permalink)
If I got it right, the major complain is not existence of ST2 64 bit version. Compiling some 32bit program as 64bit was never a problem for me, till the program source is complete garbage. So either the source of ST2 is complete garbage (which is hard to believe), they decided to save a little not doing that or that was political decision. In all that threads, IK has not clarified that point. So the "fight" is not over

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/02 11:08:58 (permalink)
azslow3
If I got it right, the major complain is not existence of ST2 64 bit version. Compiling some 32bit program as 64bit was never a problem for me, till the program source is complete garbage. So either the source of ST2 is complete garbage (which is hard to believe), they decided to save a little not doing that or that was political decision. In all that threads, IK has not clarified that point. So the "fight" is not over

We explain in the link to our forum post that is posted above about why SampleTank 3 is the 64-bit version.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/02 13:47:15 (permalink)
"due to the status of the code"... "so coding and testing longer than the development of SampleTank 3's code" ... "in this case we simply cannot do it that way" points to complete garbage in the code (as I wrote, it is hard to believe). New code is 64 bit only (the reason I have not bought it, I am glad I have noticed that) is either also so bad (that just can not be true) or that is a political decision (or saving the resources). So, I have not found something sounding like an explanation there (or in any other place).

I have ported code from 16bit to 32bit and from 32bit to 64bit (I am too "young" for 8bit to 16bit), and the only problems I had was third party libs or significant architecture changes. At the same time, writing new 64bit code which is not 32bit compatible will be a challenge for me (till it is written in assembly).

I stop there, the whole discussing is almost useless. But I have spent so much time for reading related information, I could not stop my fingers typing the statement...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
IK_Multimedia
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/02 17:27:20 (permalink)
If you are not getting a satisfactory answer from the reps on forums or in that thread, you can pose your question here:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ContactIKForm.php and perhaps they can shed some more light on the subject for you or provide an explanation that you feel is acceptable.  You've also alluded to your prowess in porting code at least twice, so I would be remiss in not pointing you here too, if you feel you would have interest in adding those skills to a successful audio company's roster:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs 
IK_Multimedia
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/05 15:15:03 (permalink)
We've rolled out the next sounds for SampleTank 3 Free in your IK User Area today.  It is a set of sounds for your rhythm section needs.
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/06 00:39:21 (permalink)
cclarry
IK_Multimedia

WOW...just WOW....

cclarry
IK_Multimedia

WOW...just WOW....

I got so much free stuff from their promotions that I have multiple licenses. I do believe ST is the only IK product where you had to buy an upgrade for 64 bit.  Amplitube I'm not so sure.
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/06 15:20:34 (permalink)
I decided to try ST3 Free and downloaded it, however the Authorization Manager insists that I have no internet connection. It works though, at least for now. The Grand Piano is the only instrument. I downloaded the Rhythm and after installing it I got a message that I probably put it in the wrong place and asked if I wanted to re-install it correctly. Now it is not found by ST3-F, I will delete the rhythm and download it again.
This is a lot of trouble just to try something that is free. Then again... it isn't the first or the last thing I've had trouble with.

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
IK_Multimedia
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/07 14:16:54 (permalink)
jbow
I decided to try ST3 Free and downloaded it, however the Authorization Manager insists that I have no internet connection. It works though, at least for now. The Grand Piano is the only instrument. I downloaded the Rhythm and after installing it I got a message that I probably put it in the wrong place and asked if I wanted to re-install it correctly. Now it is not found by ST3-F, I will delete the rhythm and download it again.
This is a lot of trouble just to try something that is free. Then again... it isn't the first or the last thing I've had trouble with.

Our support team would be happy to help at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you continue to have issues.
cclarry
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/07 14:59:09 (permalink)
kitekrazy1

I got so much free stuff from their promotions that I have multiple licenses. I do believe ST is the only IK product where you had to buy an upgrade for 64 bit.  Amplitube I'm not so sure.

You are correct.  They provided free upgrades to 64 bit for both T-Racks and Amplitube.  The 
two products that they felt were still "worthy" of some support.

SampleTank is the ONE (actually 5) product that got ZERO support in 5 years, while the company laughed
all the way to the bank while raking in the "I" dollars, AND is the one that they MADE YOU PAY FOR!

The reason stated is "smoke and mirrors".  Porting to 64 bit, as has been stated, is
not that big of a problem.  The REAL reason is that they were in an "I" frenzy, and simply let the
ST line of product "languish" so the programmers could work on "iCrap".

No, apologies necessary.  They are the company, and, as you read, you were WELL served by
them and GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR...even though for almost 5 years they provided ZERO SUPPORT
and the products (5 of them) were very "volatile", to say the least, in a 64 bit "bridged" environment,
which caused a great many users to "abandon" the products and go to another product.  

And they are VERY well aware of the fact that we may not like it...as stated above....but that doesn't mean anything.  We're just the "customer"!  

It's ok..IK knows what's best...just ask them...they'll tell you!  They've done "studies"!!!
And their "supporters" here will tell you also...because most of them picked up ST for
a "pittance" in the last buy 1 get 4 free sale...and didn't have to deal with NO SUPPORT for 5 YEARS
or PAY THOUSANDS of Dollars for them!  Oh yes, and when they say there will be NO SAMPLETANK FREE,
that doesn't mean anything either. It's in the "context" of being able to import old instrument files, NOT
that there will be NO SAMPLETANK FREE (even though that is what was stated REPEATEDLY and I took
it "out of context")

I will NEVER let it go Rocky....ever!  So I guess you all need to take your own advice and "get over it already".
I will not sit idly by and watch Companies take advantage of customers for ANY REASON, regardless of what
ANYONE SAYS!  I have every bit as much right to file my peaceful protests statements as you do to disagree,
and if you don't like it ...then don't read it...pretty simple.

And I'll state this again.  I was NOT one of the ones who got "duped", but I will certainly pick the
Javelin and fight the Dragon till the bitter end.  

But, I digress...AGAIN...  I forgot...I'm supposed to "shut up about it"

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/07 17:08:27 (permalink)
cclarry you really really really need to calm down...I'm guessing you're handling other issues outside of music in this same way...believe me you are right on course for a heart attack and other health problems associated with rage and stress. Your unwillingness to let things go does not bode well for the future. It's almost like you WANT it to continue eating you up inside. If you feel that IK has genuinely ripped you off then take them to court...if you don't feel like you have a legal case then that should tell you something.

Letting things go is essential for your mental health. I could understand if they physically hurt a member of your family or something - some grudges are almost worth it - this is not. Dude I had a customer run up a bill of over $1000 with me a couple of years ago and skip the county...I will NEVER see that money again. I was angry for a few days and then I just let it go.

Whatever you feel was ripped off from you - and I'm not sure you even were ripped off - you have to weigh that against your future health and sanity. Believe me, you're ripping YOURSELF off in this respect.

EDIT: I see above that you don't even feel you were duped. Which makes this even worse.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
cclarry
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/07 17:17:53 (permalink)
sharke
cclarry you really really really need to calm down...I'm guessing you're handling other issues outside of music in this same way...believe me you are right on course for a heart attack and other health problems associated with rage and stress. Your unwillingness to let things go does not bode well for the future. It's almost like you WANT it to continue eating you up inside. If you feel that IK has genuinely ripped you off then take them to court...if you don't feel like you have a legal case then that should tell you something.

Letting things go is essential for your mental health. I could understand if they physically hurt a member of your family or something - some grudges are almost worth it - this is not. Dude I had a customer run up a bill of over $1000 with me a couple of years ago and skip the county...I will NEVER see that money again. I was angry for a few days and then I just let it go.

Whatever you feel was ripped off from you - and I'm not sure you even were ripped off - you have to weigh that against your future health and sanity. Believe me, you're ripping YOURSELF off in this respect.

EDIT: I see above that you don't even feel you were duped. Which makes this even worse.

I have no stress in this Sharke...why would you even think that?  Why is fighting for the little guy,
fighting corporate greed, fighting for what is right considered STRESSFUL?  Seriously?

I don't think I'm the one with the issues here...

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/07 17:41:24 (permalink)
Fighting for the little guy? Give me a break. And I suppose these "little guys" are incapable of speaking for themselves?

Corporate greed? They're a profit making business with a bottom line to take care of. In case you weren't aware, everyone's had a rough time of it in the last 6 years. I almost went out of business in 2009/2010. Companies have had to scale down, rearrange and diversify to keep their heads above water and I have no reason to assume that hasn't been te case with IK as well. If that meant tapping into the mobile market - and they'd be fools not to - then so be it. And if diversifying into an exploding market meant shifting their resources and priorities around, then so be it. Unless you have access to IK's books then I put it to you that you're unqualified to proclaim what they should and shouldn't have been doing with their resources. With you at the helm, they may well have gone out of business.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
blindhorse
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/07 17:48:21 (permalink)
"I'm not friends with GAS...I AM GAS..."...cclarry

Larry, I don't know you personally.  However, I subscribe to the belief that in an online forum anyone can change the channel, or start a new thread.  I don't have a history with IK, so I can't relate to the spurn.

I did order the boxed version of ST3, that is due out in early September.  How many more days until it is mid-September?

Honestly, I'm not trying to add GAS to the spark.  You go Larry!

the blind horse

I'm going to leave the forum for a while, I spend to much time here.  I need to focus on my mic'ing and capture techniques.

But i might have a question for Bit about nodes and mic placement later on. so who knows for sure.

Guitarpima
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4125
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/10 20:28:41 (permalink)
I just tried the new sound set they gave out. I think it could be quite useful. If the bass in the free version is any indication of the basses in the full version, they must be amazing. I was amazed though. At first, ST3 had lots of latency. I'm pretty sure I tried it out before I reinstalled my OS but now, it works pretty well in stand alone. Whenever I can afford it, I'll upgrade.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
peter434
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 212
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/10 22:19:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby IK Obi 2014/09/14 14:51:59
Hey Guitarpima,
I can confirm that the basses are good and "efficient" in a mix. Plus the fact that you easily can layer for instance an electric bass with a sub bass or synth bass to give more depht, or a grainy or dirtier side ... cool !
The grand piano is nice to play : instant gratifying sound (but I'm not pianist)
Classical instruments in particular some string ensemble, violins, cellos, flute, clarinet are rather expressive and very usable.
steveparker8765
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/12 13:27:20 (permalink)
I am also trying their DEMO...and Love their cool products and technology. I always find something new when using their products.
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/16 18:51:34 (permalink)
dubdisciple
LMAO.  I am going to leave this thread alone because it's not likely to go anywhere.  I apologize for escalating this in any way.  If I ever meet Larry I will gladly buy him a beer

Ok, you promised him a beer. You better not take 6 years to fulfill that.
dubdisciple
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/16 20:42:52 (permalink)
BassDaddy
dubdisciple
LMAO.  I am going to leave this thread alone because it's not likely to go anywhere.  I apologize for escalating this in any way.  If I ever meet Larry I will gladly buy him a beer

Ok, you promised him a beer. You better not take 6 years to fulfill that.

If he ever comes to Seattle, I will make it my business.  I would hate to see the repercussions of me taking too long, even though it would be comical.`
IK_Multimedia
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/09/25 12:51:54 (permalink)
On the topic of SampleTank 3 Free, we have added some new free sounds to it:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3free
IK_Multimedia
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/10/02 10:38:07 (permalink)
For those that need more than the free sounds and want the ability to import, we have released SampleTank 3 SE -  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4774
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: SampleTank FREE 2014/10/02 10:45:57 (permalink)
Awkward...

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1