MPowerSynth | Melda Productions

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: MPowerSynth | Melda Productions 2015/01/19 12:44:12 (permalink)
Interesting to watch this product find its price point. It has been at the "intro" price of 149 euros for some time. Now it is part of the Eternal Madness Sale for 50% off the into price.
Drone7
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: MPowerSynth | Melda Productions 2015/01/20 13:43:02 (permalink)
From what i can tell, the Tone2 "Nemesis" softsynth has the same quality digital tech and OSC's and sound as "Powersynth", but with three advantages...

1: Cheaper
2: Much better presets
3: Better traditional interface design

When you hear the quality, and see the spiel at the Tone2 website concerning their algos, then you'll see (and hear) that this is indeed and excellent alternative, truly. And they do have a demo.

I also am completely 'preset' reliant. If on any synth i find one out of 5 presets are usable, that's a very high hit-rate in my books, and thus valuable.

While i'm here, Meldaproduction are having their next sale as of now (just got the email), and guess what's in the list... yep, go get it folks. You've got two days left to grab it.
post edited by Drone7 - 2015/01/20 16:08:14
Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: MPowerSynth | Melda Productions 2015/01/21 20:16:52 (permalink)
Drone7
From what i can tell, the Tone2 "Nemesis" softsynth has the same quality digital tech and OSC's and sound as "Powersynth", but with three advantages...

1: Cheaper
2: Much better presets
3: Better traditional interface design

When you hear the quality, and see the spiel at the Tone2 website concerning their algos, then you'll see (and hear) that this is indeed and excellent alternative, truly. And they do have a demo.

I also am completely 'preset' reliant. If on any synth i find one out of 5 presets are usable, that's a very high hit-rate in my books, and thus valuable.

While i'm here, Meldaproduction are having their next sale as of now (just got the email), and guess what's in the list... yep, go get it folks. You've got two days left to grab it.

Nemesis is a FM synth with a few extra features I believe. While I do think it might be the most advanced FM synth, Mpowersynth does subtractive, FM, additive and you can import wavetables too. I think it also has a few other modes like convolution. Mpowersynth also has way more filters and FX.

I think they're both good products, but Nemesis can't replace Mpowersynth, because it can't make the same sounds. Your other points are valid, but there is a reason it's called Mpowersynth. The only synths I can think of that have the same amount of power are Zebra and Synthmaster.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
Drone7
Re: MPowerSynth | Melda Productions 2015/01/21 23:11:24 (permalink)
Chandler
Mpowersynth also has way more filters and FX. I think they're both good products, but Nemesis can't replace Mpowersynth, because it can't make the same sounds. 

You are wrong about this; here's the low-down about Nemesis...

• No fewer than 22 combinable synthesis types.
  • Wave import, resynthesis and the additive spectral editor offer unlimited sonic possibilities.
  • Nemesis features a large number of exclusive sounds that are not possible with other synthesizers.
  • An extensive number of high-end quality effects, with flexible routing options.
  • True 4x stereo unison.
  • NeoFM and several other innovative synthesis methods are exclusively available in Nemesis. 
  • High-End sound quality with low demands on your CPU.
  • Trancegate with an extensive selection of setup options. Powerful, easy-to-use arpeggiator.

Also, i have demoed both Meldaproduction "Powersynth" and Tone2 "Nemesis", and if i was given the choice to pick only one, Nemesis wins easily IMO. It sounds more powerful than Powersynth with much better presets while also being able to sound identical to Powersynth.

1: Better sound
2: More versatile results as well as superb classic analog
3: Better presets
4: Cheaper

As noted from the Tone2 website... "The versatile synthesis engine can replace a studio filled with vintage hardware."

But then if you need the be-all and end-all synth, the Tone2 "Elektra 2"... Electra2 is equipped with many user-friendly control options in-case you want to tweak sounds or craft your very own. Each of its 4 layers consists of a powerful multitimbral synthesizer with no fewer than 14 different synthesis methods.
Mix your own synth sequences with effects, import your own samples with a mouse click, use multiple arpeggiators to produce that massive bass line, create orchestral stacks, program groovy drumloops or play vocoder sounds with samples of your own voice. The sky is the limit...literally.

Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: MPowerSynth | Melda Productions 2015/01/22 07:36:08 (permalink)
Drone7
Chandler
Mpowersynth also has way more filters and FX. I think they're both good products, but Nemesis can't replace Mpowersynth, because it can't make the same sounds. 

You are wrong about this; here's the low-down about Nemesis...

• No fewer than 22 combinable synthesis types.
  • Wave import, resynthesis and the additive spectral editor offer unlimited sonic possibilities.
  • Nemesis features a large number of exclusive sounds that are not possible with other synthesizers.
  • An extensive number of high-end quality effects, with flexible routing options.
  • True 4x stereo unison.
  • NeoFM and several other innovative synthesis methods are exclusively available in Nemesis. 
  • High-End sound quality with low demands on your CPU.
  • Trancegate with an extensive selection of setup options. Powerful, easy-to-use arpeggiator.

Also, i have demoed both Meldaproduction "Powersynth" and Tone2 "Nemesis", and if i was given the choice to pick only one, Nemesis wins easily IMO. It sounds more powerful than Powersynth with much better presets while also being able to sound identical to Powersynth.

1: Better sound
2: More versatile results as well as superb classic analog
3: Better presets
4: Cheaper

As noted from the Tone2 website... "The versatile synthesis engine can replace a studio filled with vintage hardware."

It can't reproduce MPowersynth sounds because it doesn't have the filters, FX or synthesis types. Almost all of the 22 synth types are FM. They are just variations on it with a few others thrown in. It doesn't do subtractive synthesis and although it has an additive synth engine but you can't control all the partials in real time AFAIK. It has 2 filters, and it doesn't seem like it offers more than one type of filter. The other thing is the FX. MPowersynth has more and better FX.

If you like Nemesis more that's fine. Everyone has different opinions about sound, but to say it can do everything MPowersynth can do isn't true. It does FM synthesis. It does it very well and it allows you to get sounds that you normally couldn't out of FM, but it can't do everything MPS can. I like Nemesis and I think it's a great synth, but it's nothing like MPS and it can't replicate it's sounds. Of course MPS can't replicate all Nemesis can do, but that just proves they aren't good replacements for each other.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
Drone7
Re: MPowerSynth | Melda Productions 2015/01/22 12:56:35 (permalink)
Yeah, i see what you mean. Having 'both' would be much better. In fact, having only these two synths would pretty much cover every synth need one might have by the looks of it.

Tone 2's Elektra 2 synth looks like their do all end-game synth. I would choose Elektra 2 over Powersynth, i did not really like the presets that came with Powersynth and it did not seem to have a phat chunky sound, it almost seemed a bit too squeaky clean with an almost glassy tone many times.

The low-down on Elektra 2... "With an incredible selection of 14 different types of synthesis, Electra2 truly is the swiss army knife of synths. Its versatile synthesis engine can easily replace a studio filled with hardware. The synthesis types range from traditional ones like the classic Virtual Analog, Wavetable, Subtractive, Phase Distortion and FM synthesis, up to Physical Modeling, Ultra-saw, Vocoder, Sync, Ringmod, PWM, Noise, Wave-shaping and Tone2's exclusive Fractal synthesis."

"No synthesizer workstation would be complete without an excellent filter section, which is why each layer within Electra2 contains two multi-mode filters with 37 unique filter types, and 3 tone controls, as well as multi-mode distortions.
These filter types range from traditional analog filters like Moog Low Pass, High Pass and Bandpass, up to digital ones like Vocal, Phaser, Aliaser and Fractal filters. A large number of these filter types are exclusive to Tone2 and NOT AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER PRODUCT."

"The filters are able to self-oscillate and to produce a wide range of timbres, allowing you to further sculpt your sound to perfection."
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1