i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?!

Author
tomseter
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/01/24 12:04:50 (permalink)

i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?!

it plays all the notes without considring if its an 16th or 8th note ...
when i press pley it plays the note forever, or i press the mute botton

in the bass vst there is a botton that turs it off it calls "poly" or somthing like that...

please help!!!

12 Replies Related Threads

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/01/24 23:17:40 (permalink)
    Your post is very confusing. I am not clear what VSTs you are refering to or what exactly the problem is.

If I take a real stab in the dark I think you may be refering to the Studio Instruments VSTi. Is that the case? You will also have to provide a bit more detail about the problem.

Assuming it's Studio Instruments we are talking about.

When dose this happen? Playing one of the included patterns in the Studio Instruments interface, playing from a MIDI track, from a keyboard? All of the above?

It seems like the VSTi is not getting the note off message. Toggeling the polly switch in the bass to mono would make the original note cut off when the new one is sounded. If this is the case you are hiding the problem not solving it.

What happens if you use the Studio Instruments piano?

If it's happening when you play your keyboard or a midi track do other VSTi's have the same probelm.

It could be there is a sustain pedel event in the midi, that would definatly cause the notes to continue indefinatly.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/01/25 08:40:51 (permalink)
    with regard to the note.. maybe it's not sending the cut off note currectly, does your keyboard have after touch etc?

Steev
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 314
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/02/07 17:35:36 (permalink)
     Ah, sounds kind of familiar. You might want to try this forum http://forum.recordingrev.../f23/strings-vst-2271/
    as they deal specifically with Cubase issues, especially if your "strings VST " was downloaded from one of those free VST sites, posted and developed by fellow Cubase users.  I've been very happy with Sonar Producer since v4 so I haven't used any version of Cubase since SX, but I hear the new v5 is nice.

Steev on Bandlab.com

Custom built workstation. Windows 10 Pro x64.

SONAR Platinum. Cakewalk by Bandlab.
    Sony Sound Forge Pro 10, ACID Pro 7, Vegas Pro 11
    Pro Tools.

ASRock 990FX mobo, AMD FX 8370 8-Core. 16 gb DDR3 PC1866 G Skill Ripjaws X RAM. AMD FirePro V4900 1gb DDR5 accelerated graphics card. 
    Behringer X Touch DAW Controller
    Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 2, OctoPre Mkll
    Western Digital 500GB SSD bootdrive,  WD 500GB 10k rpm VelociRaptor for DAW projects . 2x1 TB WD Caviar Black SATA3 storage drives

XtReMeR
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/03/01 06:45:53 (permalink)
    Hey there!         
    It seems I've got the same problem with cubase 5.The SI-String Section plays forever the notes from the midi map.I tried to do something about the fact that it's stereo, but no option to get it into mono.What can I do? I hope you guys have an answer, and I can bet that I'm not the least one that has this problem.
    Note that I don't have any midi controllers attached, I just edit the midi.When I play it from the virtual keyboard of the vst, it has no problem, it stopes whenever i stop pressing that virtual keyboard's note, but on the midi map, it plays all the notes mapped forever, unless I get into the vst and pick a chord to play.that's the only thing that stopes it....I hope you guys can help me, I'm really mad because I'm trying to change the bass of a song with a counter bass and it would sound much better.
    Thanks in advance, I hope I described the problem quite detailed.

XtReMeR
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/03/03 12:40:07 (permalink)
    Seeing that you guys either don't have any solution  or didn't even read the post, I am going to be forced to spread the word that your SI-string section is a mess...I am sorry I had to occure to this, but there is no other way.Maybe you guys will learn to respect your clients more!As far as I know, SI-string Section is not compatible with Cubase 5!!!
    Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/03/03 22:18:27 (permalink)
    XtReMeR

Seeing that you guys either don't have any solution  or didn't even read the post, I am going to be forced to spread the word that your SI-string section is a mess...I am sorry I had to occure to this, but there is no other way.Maybe you guys will learn to respect your clients more!As far as I know, SI-string Section is not compatible with Cubase 5!!!

Excuse me, but this is not our SI string section. This is a peer to peer forum, we are all just users like your self. No one here is obliged to reply to any post.

A few other points here.

The original post was so badly worded one had to guess what instrument the OP was talking about. He never bothered to respond to the replies and at that stage the thread was dead in the water until your post mentioning you had the same problem. (well I am assuming its the same because the OP never confirmed what VSTi he was referring to.)

You may have got lucky and found someone else on the forum who has both Cubase and Studio Instruments who could help but most here are Sonar users and Studio Instruments works perfectly in Sonar

Have you actually tried reporting the problem to Cakewalk?

Read this -  http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1594962 
    You may have a reason to complain is you don't get a response there, but dont go bad mouthing the product and support because you did not get a response on this forum.
    post edited by Glyn Barnes - 2010/03/03 22:19:47

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2010/03/03 23:55:59 (permalink)
    xtremer,

what Glyns said.  And maybe, just maybe the problem is w/ Cubase.  If you can figure out how to word your problem instead of leaving us to play 20 questions among ourselves, a better attitude toward other users might get you more help.  Flies and honey and all that ... stuff.  less extreme.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    perake
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2014/09/26 14:20:01 (permalink)
    ONE KIND OF SOLUTION! 

This works with Cubase Elements 7, 64 bit, SI strings vst plug-in 32 bit and a  small application called jBridger.

I have Cubase Elements 7 and I had the same problem with this beautiful instrument SI Strings. I tried 64 bit version and 32 bit version of Cubase. The strings sounds wonderful, but when I recorded them and played back the recording every tone goes on for ever.

Then, one day I followed my intuition. I deletet the vst-plug-ins for the 64 bit version of SI Strings. And then I used the aplication  jBridger and converted the 32 bit version vst plug for SI Strings to a 64 bit version. When I put the converted vst plug into Cubase 64 bit vst folder - suddenly it worked out fine!

Peace, nothing but peace ☺

Google → jBridge
    ... and maybee it will work in the other direction: convert 64 bit .dll file to a 32 bit .dll file - I have not tryed that yet, but maybee?
    And hopefully it works with Cubase 5 also, and not only with LE 7.
    post edited by perake - 2014/09/28 05:20:23
    robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2014/09/29 15:15:14 (permalink)
    Well, it seems to me that Studio Instruments is a collection of synth components that are for sale through the Cakewalk site, currently selling for something like $49.99 or thereabouts.

It would also seem that these instruments would be expected to work in some other DAW than Sonar.

I CAN confirm that these components DO work in Sonar X3, and I have no idea whatsoever of them working or not working in Cubase - as I simply do not have Cubase.

I would suggest that the individual who is having difficulties with this software contact Cakewalk Technical Support, and open a support tick with details on the issues.

These forums are populated by users of various software and hardware related to Cakewalk, and Sonar.

I think you would get much better support by contacting Cakewalk Technical Support, then you would get here.

If you go to the main Cakewalk web page, you can navigate to the support pages and look for support for the product you need help with, or you could instead choose to contact Cakewalk Support by phone, during their normal business hours - which think are 1-6 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Good luck - I hope you get your issues straightened out.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    Karyn
    Ma-Ma
    • Total Posts : 9200
    Re: i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2014/10/01 05:52:39 (permalink)
    Bob,  this thread is over 4 years old...

Mekashi Futo
    Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
    Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

robert_e_bone
    Re: i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2014/10/01 12:59:41 (permalink)
    WOW - you mean I am supposed to READ this stuff prior to my posting?

MAN, I have GOT to wake UP in the mornings....

(In my defense, it DOES look like I was correct in that they may have better luck contacting support than waiting for help here.....)  hee hee

A sheepish Thanks, 

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    robert_e_bone
    Re: i have a problem with the strings vst and cubase 5 can somone halp me?!?! 2014/10/01 13:02:47 (permalink)
    I just went back a couple of posts - the one I had responded to was from 4 days ago, so while I remain an idiot, I can cling to that post as my saving grace on the whole 4-year old thing - lame as that defense may be.....  It's all I got......

Bob Bone

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1