Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production

Author
cpkoch
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 345
2014/10/01 14:11:42 (permalink)
4.5 (2)

Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production

It would be great to be able to create, within Sonar, videos that allow one to synchronize musical compositions, imagery and voice overs  etc.  As I recall, Sonar is well on the way to having this ability but stops short of actually allowing one to do a  nice production. 

I now use Sony Vegas Pro 11 to do this. Creating hooks in Sonar that allows integration of video editing/production software would perhaps be another approach.
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2014/10/01 19:00:43

Sonar Platinum, HP Z210 Desktop PC,  Windows 10  64 Bit, 12  GB RAM,  Steinberg UR22 Interface Unit,  M-Audio Keyboard Studio USB MIDI Keyboard, APEX-TK -Condenser Unidirectional MIC, Audio Technica AT2020 USB MIC

6 Replies Related Threads

Marcus Curtis
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 945
    Re: Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production 2014/10/07 11:43:30 (permalink)
    Video Editing features would be great. Right now I use Sony Vegas 13. and it does everything I need it to do. Once the video is edited I typically export it as a mp4 and then bring it into Sonar. At that point I work on the sound track. Then I export the soundtrack and bring it back into Vegas for the final render.

If Sonar allowed for video editing it would be great, but I don't know how long it would take them to match the same quality of editing you can achieve with Sony Vegas or even Adobe Premier. If they put simple editing features into the Sonar, I don't know if I would actually use them. 

I don't know if I could achieve the same quality of editing like I can get with Vegas. There is a lot of code and resources that could be spent in other areas. It would also require a ton of bug fixes and versions to get up to speed with Vegas. Common Features like transitions and green screen effects may work for those who have no editing software.

I do like the fact that cakewalk has allowed different video formats to work inside of Sonar in X3e. I use to use avi formats until Sonar expanded the amount of formats that would work.

I would be happy if Sonar allowed me to render the video and the soundtrack together in a variety of formats and resolutions. This would save me extra steps as I would not need to export the sound track from Sonar and bring it into Vegas for render. 

http://www.marcuscurtismusic.com/  

Windows 10 ultimate, Sonar Platinum, AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T processor 3.00 GHz, (6 cores) 8 gigs of Ram, 

Audio interfaces=VS-100, Pod X3 live pro, Boss GT-100, Boss GP10
    Midi Controllers=Edirol  PCR 800, roland GR-55.    

Ozone 7, Podfarm, Th2 Full Version, Melda, True Pianos Full Version, and a whole bunch of free VST plugins which can be found through my site.

g_randybrown
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3522
    Re: Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production 2014/10/07 12:45:15 (permalink)
    I've been using Vegas Pro almost as long as I've been using CW products (Pro Audio 9 was my 1st) and have been hoping for the integration of the two ever since but I don't think there are enough users that want this to make it happen anytime soon (at least until we see much more powerful computers for less money) due to both programs being so demanding on resources.
    That said, I would really like to see Sonar capable of accepting more than one clip at a time...just one video track mind you but several clips that can be moved around in the timeline on that one track.

G. Randy Brown 
    Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
    Intel Core i7-3770S
    Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
    4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
    500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
    two WD Black 1 TB HDD
    SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
    Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
    youtube.com/crystalclearnm
    cpkoch
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 345
    Re: Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production 2014/10/07 13:11:30 (permalink)
    First, thanks to all for  comments! Ad far as these programs being demanding ...  I agree 100%.  Especially Vegas (mine is Pro 11)!  There is hardly a video that I try to make where the SW does not cause my computer to crash with what we used to call the Blue Screen of Death.  If there is anyone out there who has resovled this issue I would welcome their guidance.    

I also wonder if there is an easy way to import MS Word files so that I can edit it and more easily make Text Media elements.   Right now it is cumbersome at best.  Short of and MS Word import, is there some hidden Text Editor in Vegas that will allow one to split up one document (in my case usually a set of lyrics) into individual Text Media event that I can synchronize with the  vocal  being played on the Voice track? 

Sonar Platinum, HP Z210 Desktop PC,  Windows 10  64 Bit, 12  GB RAM,  Steinberg UR22 Interface Unit,  M-Audio Keyboard Studio USB MIDI Keyboard, APEX-TK -Condenser Unidirectional MIC, Audio Technica AT2020 USB MIC

g_randybrown
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3522
    Re: Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production 2014/10/07 13:23:25 (permalink)
    We're getting way OT here but I'll throw in my workarounds for these (feel free to PM me if you have follow up questions)
    There is hardly a video that I try to make where the SW does not cause my computer to crash with what we used to call the Blue Screen of Death.
    This is most likely due to driver issues (I don't know which drivers but make sure they're all current). I would take this to one of the sony forums .
    I also wonder if there is an easy way to import MS Word files so that I can edit it and more easily make Text Media elements. 
    I usually save MS Word docs to Notepad and then copy/paste sentences into generated media text dialogues throughout the timeline.
    Like I say feel free to PM me if needed.
    Randy

G. Randy Brown 
    Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
    Intel Core i7-3770S
    Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
    4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
    500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
    two WD Black 1 TB HDD
    SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
    Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
    youtube.com/crystalclearnm
    Marcus Curtis
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 945
    Re: Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production 2014/10/07 18:56:05 (permalink)
    I find that both Vegas and Sonar are demanding. The more plugins I have open the more demanding it is. Make sure you have the latest edition of both Sonar X3 and Vegas 11. I also have a dedicated computer just for recording music and video editing. This helps as I turn off all the stuff that run in the background that I don't need. 

I also limit the software I put on the computer I use for recording music. I only install video editing software and music software. Having a dedicated machine has solved many problems for me.

I think if we are talking about adding video features then I am not sure what I would ask for. between Sonar and Vegas I have everything I need.

http://www.marcuscurtismusic.com/  

Windows 10 ultimate, Sonar Platinum, AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T processor 3.00 GHz, (6 cores) 8 gigs of Ram, 

Audio interfaces=VS-100, Pod X3 live pro, Boss GT-100, Boss GP10
    Midi Controllers=Edirol  PCR 800, roland GR-55.    

Ozone 7, Podfarm, Th2 Full Version, Melda, True Pianos Full Version, and a whole bunch of free VST plugins which can be found through my site.

Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: Integrated (or Intergratable) Video Production 2014/10/07 21:22:13 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    If Cakewalk thought it to be wise to make a video editing product/Sonar hybrid I hope they would make it a new product and charge accordingly for the features. Sonar VE or something.

Certainly I can see enhancements would be good as suggest by OP.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1