Nested folders integrated with the Group Clips in Folders option

Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
2014/10/03 14:15:51 (permalink)
4.75 (4)

Nested folders integrated with the Group Clips in Folders option

Hello. This new subforum is an excellent idea (digging the reorganization BTW, guys) and nested folders is certainly an old idea that has been requested for a while and I don't think I need to tout the possible benefits of such a feature. However...

As I was replying to something in the main Sonar forum I figured this might be something to bring up. In X3 we can now have the clips of multiple tracks automatically grouped while they are recorded so that each take is put in an edit group that corresponds with the same take of other tracks. Now what if we could have some kind of two tiered grouping system within folders. Like say I have a nested folder and within that folder I have folders for various multi input instruments. Due to the nature of the auto grouping of folders I can manipulate the individual takes with in folders simultaneously but let's say I want to do a general edit of all clips in the parent folder that had been created at the same time (like maybe I want to create a split or fade or whatever). Wouldn't it be nice to be able to edit the subfolder (the individual instruments) clip groups on their own then hit a modifier or click a button and then be editing all the clips recorded at the same time in the PARENT folder?

Methinks it would be splendoriforous.

Just a thought. Peace.

EDIT: And perhaps to expand on that make it so the auto grouping isn't a global command but something that can be customized on a track by track/folder by folder basis and give options to isolate certain tracks or folders from other material if you do NOT want them grouped but still want them in a folder.

Now that would be some crazy control and wicked useful for on site applications. If something like that were developed it could make Sonar a must have for roving recording engineers like film dudes, live sound guys or as a jam/pre production room installation.

I could just be crazy though... which is highly probable.
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2014/10/03 17:02:26
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Nested folders integrated with the Group Clips in Folders option 2014/10/03 19:22:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Are you thinking that a folder acts like a bus as well, with it's own FX/Sends/PC modules? If so, I'm in...

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1