Select a Range for H:M:S:F Readout

Author
melmyers
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 157
2014/10/19 19:17:36 (permalink)
5 (2)

Select a Range for H:M:S:F Readout

This was first brought up by Mike McCue in another section of the forum, but I don't know that it was ever an official "feature request", so here it is: a feature where you can select a range on the timeline and there is a read out in SONAR that tells you how long the selection is in H:M:S:F.

This would be very handy for those of us who use Sonar to produce advertising jingles. My typical 60-second donut begins with a few seconds of intro for announcer talk time, followed by the jingle sing, a bed for the main commercial voice-over, an end jingle sing, and then a short instrumental stinger to provide for the business address or whatever at the very end. 

Advertising copywriters prepare copy that needs to fit exactly in the instrumental sections of the jingle, so I need to let them know how many seconds each section provides. Being able to select the various ranges in the timeline would make this a very easy task. 

Mel Myers
Producer/Songwriter/Voiceover Talent
Sonar Platinum 64-bit/Intel Quad Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM/LGA1155 Motherboard/Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit /Focusrite 18i20/Cakewalk A-800 Pro/UAD-2 Quad PCIe/& a black and white Pomeranian who thinks he's the boss

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1