Extremely Slow Download Speeds

Author
multarnc
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/10/17 21:29:18 (permalink)

Extremely Slow Download Speeds

I am having major issues downloading Sonar X3 from the Cakewalk Store. I am on 75Mbps FIOS. My connectivity is fine to all other sites. Speed test came back normal. The download from the Cakewalk site is going at about 10KBps.

1 Reply Related Threads

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: Extremely Slow Download Speeds 2014/10/20 10:12:06 (permalink)
    Hi Multarnc,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

This is definitely not the norm. To clarify, the downloads are hosted on Amazon S3 and Cloudfront, very reputable for Content Delivery, versus being hosted directly on any Cakewalk servers. If you are experiencing extremely slow download speeds, it could either be a result of throttling on your end or your location being in a region that is very far from Amazon's CloudFront edge locations (a particular example being regions in South Africa).

I would try temporarily disabling anything that may be reducing your download speeds, such as any Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software. I would also suggest testing an alternate web browser or try using a download manager as well.

Beyond that, if you are still having difficulties please contact our Customer Service department so that they can help you troubleshoot or provide an alternate method of downloading. Official contact information for Customer Service can be found here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Contact

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1