Helpful ReplyInteresting TASCAM News from AES

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/15 09:37:12 (permalink)
The US-2x2 and US-4x4 will be available first, I think the US-16x08 about a month later but not sure.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
riojazz
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1337
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/15 11:19:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby hockeyjx 2014/10/15 12:22:14
Craig, thank you for this news.  

A few here have mentioned the FW-1884 and related hardware, and more than a few here use these, but unless I missed it, I did not see any comment from you about it.  Would it be possible for you to put in a good word with Tascam to please continue to support those perfectly good hardware units with drivers for current operating systems? 

In the case of Windows 8, we already know the FW-1884 can be made to run using some hacks and a convoluted installation routine.  Thus it should not be that difficult for Tascam to update the driver.  [Yes, I know the drivers were written for them by Frontier Design, but in the case of Windows 7 64-bit, the driver existed for almost a year from Frontier Design before Tascam would release it.]  And the good news is that the specific SONAR driver, maybe ten years old now, continues to work.  

Updating the driver shouldn't be that difficult for Tascam, and they would immediately make a giant leap in our opinion of their software support.  If you have followed any of the discussions from about two years ago, you will know that many FW-1884 users declared they would never buy another Tascam product, good as the hardware is, because of the lack of driver support.

We can hope again.

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
microapp
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 653
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/15 13:40:28 (permalink)
riojazz
A few here have mentioned the FW-1884 and related hardware, and more than a few here use these, but unless I missed it, I did not see any comment from you about it.  Would it be possible for you to put in a good word with Tascam to please continue to support those perfectly good hardware units with drivers for current operating systems? 

+1 to this

Sonar Platinum, Cubase Pro 8.5, Reaper 5, Studio One 2
Melodyne Studio 4, Finale 2012
I7-5820K 4.5GHz, 32 GB DDR4-2800,3 monitors,Win 10 Pro
Toshiba P75-A7100,l7-4900 2.4 Ghz/8MB Win 8.1 Pro
Tascam FW-1884, Emu 0404USB, CMC-AI,Axiom 61
Yamaha HS-50's, Sony SA-W2500, Sennheiser RS170's, ATH-M50
Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
Jackson DK2-S(Sustainiac),Les Paul Custom
Digitech Valve-FX, GFX-1,TSR-24,RP-90
kristoffer
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/15 16:32:39 (permalink)
microapp
riojazz

+1 to this

+ a lot more for this 

SonarPlatinum/X3e Producer
HW:
~Pod HD pro~Pod X3~JTV-69 US~Tascam FW1884~BEYERDYNAM​IC DT770 PRO~Røde NTK~MaschineMikro~ADAM ARTist5
W10 - i7 920 - Intel DX58SO2 - Nvidia NVS450 Quad - 12GB OCZ Gold 1600Mhz RAM - Noctua NH-D14 - Corsair TX950w PSU
- Corsair MX200 500GB OS/Programs - OCZ Agility 3 SSD (Audio) - WD Black 1TB
Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/15 19:32:25 (permalink)
Before I pass these requests along, I want to check on a couple things.

There are Sonar control surface plug-ins for 32- and 64-bit systems from 2010. Are these working for you?

There are drivers for Windows 7, Vista, and XP, with both 32- and 64-bit versions for all three operating systems, from 2010. Are these not working? If not, what problem(s) do you encounter? 

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't have an FW-1884 so I don't know what the current experience is of using it with Sonar. I was under the impression that much of the time (certainly not all), Windows 7 drivers work with Windows 8. It would be helpful to know what doesn't work with Windows 8 that did work with Windows 7 so I can relay this information to TASCAM.

I do believe the product is over 7 years old; let me stress that since becoming part of Gibson Brands I've learned (in several different contexts!) just how convoluted it can be to deal with legacy issues from third party companies. I don't know what TASCAM can or cannot do, but I do know that they listen to customer feedback and take it seriously. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
DeeringAmps
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2614
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/15 21:24:40 (permalink)
The current FW-1884 drivers work fine in Win 7x86 and x64. They are difficult (at best) to impossible to install in Win 8.
I gave it a shot, I will not be a "happy" Win 8 user any time real soon.
I have a 500gb WD Black drive (Win 8) I use alternately as a door stop or a coaster. :-(
I do love Win 7 and both my 1884's though!
Thanks in advance for any help you can give us Craig!
(you weighed in on the Frontier Design issue in another thread, I "get" the issues Tascam faces vis a vi third party drivers.)
Hopefully we are in for better times ahead. Made some music with a 688 and Cakewalk 3.0 Professional. Sometimes I miss it!
Tom

Tom Deering
Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
hockeyjx
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 839
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/16 15:56:12 (permalink)
I don't think the Win7 drivers had full-functionality either. But I'd defer to Tom on that.

Intel i7 950 Proc, Asus Sabertooth x58 MB, 2 Crucial 128GB SSDs and Seagate 1TBGB drive, 12GB Corsair 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 Memory, Nvidia GeForece 8400 Dual Monitor vid card
Cooler Master Silent Pro 700w Power Supply, Cooler Master Sileo 500

Win 7 64 bit, SPlat 64-bit, Komplete 10 Ultimate, AmpliTube3 and AD2

Tascam FW-1884 and AKAI MPK-49
DeeringAmps
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2614
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/16 20:52:47 (permalink)
The CS plugin suffers the same issues as the mackies, etc. The eq cannot acess pro channel. But faders, markers, jog wheel all work.
I wish the side car could do busses while the main board does tracks, but wish in one hand!
The important stuff works; and the audio drivers work fine. Little better latency with the RME, but its not "night and day".
T

Tom Deering
Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
riojazz
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/17 22:07:31 (permalink)
Craig, I also defer to Tom Deering to represent me on all things FW.  In case it helps:

My understanding of this is that everything worked fine through Windows 7 32-bit.  The problem arose with the lack of a driver for Windows 7 64-bit.  This was the only thing preventing me from making the move to a 64-bit OS.  After nearly a year of respectful inquiry by many users and help from a Tascam User Forum member who was a Tascam employee, Tascam looked again at the driver they had for almost a year from Frontier Design, and released it.  Simultaneously, the Tascam website announced the FW-1884 was no longer supported and that there would be no new drivers.  I think this affected Mac users
first, then Windows 8.x.  FW-1884s started appearing in quantity on eBay etc., and shortly after, questions by buyers about why there was no current driver.  Then came the declarations about never buying Tascam equipment again.  I have tried carefully not to exaggerate or inflame here with this recap.

Reports from the Tascam User Forum and here indicate that the Windows 7 drivers do not work without modification in Windows 8.  The same reports say that the modifications are difficult, tricky, and may not work.  I did not attempt this process, so I stayed on Windows 7 64-bit.

Of course, now we have Windows 10.  I'm typing on a non-SONAR laptop running Windows 10 now.  So far, it's great and I will upgrade on my production system as soon as all drivers are available.  And I do not want to lose my FW-1884.

Thanks for listening.  If I have made any factual errors, I hope someone will correct them.

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/18 02:24:49 (permalink)
riojazz
Craig, I also defer to Tom Deering to represent me on all things FW.  In case it helps:

My understanding of this is that everything worked fine through Windows 7 32-bit.  The problem arose with the lack of a driver for Windows 7 64-bit.  This was the only thing preventing me from making the move to a 64-bit OS.  After nearly a year of respectful inquiry by many users and help from a Tascam User Forum member who was a Tascam employee, Tascam looked again at the driver they had for almost a year from Frontier Design, and released it.  Simultaneously, the Tascam website announced the FW-1884 was no longer supported and that there would be no new drivers.

Disclaimer: Everything that follows is speculation except for dates, but is based on experiences I've had over many years as a consultant to many companies.

There can be a lot of reasons why something is no longer supported, other than not caring. As TASCAM never made a replacement for the FW-1884, presumably it wasn't to try to force you to buy a replacement unit. I did find this on the Frontier Design web site: "In 2003, TASCAM and Frontier partnered on their most advanced computer interface/control surface devices, the Firewire-based FW-1884." That was 11 years ago - an eternity in "tech time" - and if it was truly a partnership, then when Frontier Design left the business, it seems that would have left a gaping hole in TASCAM's ability to keep the unit up to date. It's very possible at least some of what FD contributed was proprietary or in turn licensed from yet another party. I've been involved in some projects where licenses stretched down a line of multiple companies.

As to sitting on a driver for a year, the last entry in FD's press room was 2006! I suspect that for TASCAM to come out with a new driver in 2010 involved more than just taking something off the shelf. I would be willing to bet there was some behind-the-scenes action needed to make that happen, not just saying "Hey, let's release this now." They might not have known how to QC it, in which case it would make a lot of sense to say "Look, here it is, good luck but we've given up on supporting this."

I wouldn't be surprised if the hit TASCAM took from depending on third parties influenced their decision to bring driver development in-house. When I talked to a TASCAM representative a few months ago about in-house development, it was clear that without naming names, there were many frustrations caused by depending on third parties.

riojazz
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/18 18:28:03 (permalink)
Thank you for the news that Tascam will do drivers in house.  I think it's great for all the reasons you have cited and will help the company. 

All I can report is what the Tascam employee told us at the time.  The driver existed, was not acted upon, the employee said he did not understand why, and got it looked at again.  This took almost a year.  Soon after, it was released with the sign-off as you describe.  You are correct in your speculation, quality control was mentioned as a possible reason, but there was apparently neglect as well.  What happened within Tascam, we are not privileged to know, but I believe Tom and others will corroborate what I am saying.  

I also appreciate the difficulty in writing drivers, as I taught programming on the college level for thirty years.  I don't care about being proven right about all this, though.  I only look forward to progress.  I respectfully request Tascam consider whether it can make the changes needed for a new driver installation, as the existing driver for Windows 7 64-bit already can work under certain conditions in later versions of the OS.  It's not like an all-new driver is needed for Windows, just adaptation of the installation routine for a new OS.  This would be a quick way for Tascam to prove the worth of creating this new internal department, and would go a long way toward improving customer relations based on past problems with the lack of third party drivers.

I cannot speak to the Mac drivers.

Thanks again for listening.

Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/18 18:51:13 (permalink)
riojazz
I respectfully request Tascam consider whether it can make the changes needed for a new driver installation, as the existing driver for Windows 7 64-bit already can work under certain conditions in later versions of the OS.  It's not like an all-new driver is needed for Windows, just adaptation of the installation routine for a new OS.  This would be a quick way for Tascam to prove the worth of creating this new internal department, and would go a long way toward improving customer relations based on past problems with the lack of third party drivers.

I will ask, but remember, TASCAM may not even own the rights to the drivers or have the right to alter the code. If you look at any software EULA there's always a line about it being expressly forbidden to alter, modify, reverse engineer, etc. any of the code. Similar agreements are often in place between manufacturers. Third parties companies don't necessarily sell code outright, but license it as IP (intellectual property) based on what can be a very restrictive contract. If that's the case and TASCAM would have to write drivers starting from ground zero for a product that was designed over a decade ago based on hardware that was designed probably 15 or more years ago, they'd have to be really, really dedicated to take that on.

kristoffer
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/20 05:24:48 (permalink)
Subscribing to thread:) 

I'm using FW1884 with Win8.1 and X3e, working nicely. Using the Win7 x64 drivers.
As Tom said, the installation routine is quite extensive, due to the lack of legacy FW driver in Win8 (this is an Microsoft decision)
And you'll have to modify your startup, so driver signing is set to "off" (the FW1884 driver is not "signed")

HW:
~Pod HD pro~Pod X3~JTV-69 US~Tascam FW1884~BEYERDYNAM​IC DT770 PRO~Røde NTK~MaschineMikro~ADAM ARTist5
W10 - i7 920 - Intel DX58SO2 - Nvidia NVS450 Quad - 12GB OCZ Gold 1600Mhz RAM - Noctua NH-D14 - Corsair TX950w PSU
Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/20 10:19:11 (permalink)
kristoffer

I'm using FW1884 with Win8.1 and X3e, working nicely. Using the Win7 x64 drivers.
As Tom said, the installation routine is quite extensive, due to the lack of legacy FW driver in Win8 (this is an Microsoft decision)
And you'll have to modify your startup, so driver signing is set to "off" (the FW1884 driver is not "signed")

If the Win7 x64 drivers work, then it sounds like what's really needed right now is better installation instructions. Again I don't know the intricacies of Firewire and interfaces, but it seems the lack of a legacy driver is a problem. So is the basic idea that you have find a legacy driver from Windows 7, install it, and then go through some convoluted installation routine? In any event if it's working fine for you, then it seems like it should be possible for it to work fine for others if they know how to make that happen.

kristoffer
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/20 15:47:39 (permalink)
Anderton
kristoffer

If the Win7 x64 drivers work, then it sounds like what's really needed right now is better installation instructions. Again I don't know the intricacies of Firewire and interfaces, but it seems the lack of a legacy driver is a problem. So is the basic idea that you have find a legacy driver from Windows 7, install it, and then go through some convoluted installation routine? In any event if it's working fine for you, then it seems like it should be possible for it to work fine for others if they know how to make that happen.

Yes, thats the way I installed it and it worked fine. But, the issue is it is quite unstable, I know others have tried and it does not work for them. Also, I had another motherboard earlier (Gigabyte UD3R, now I have a Intel mobo) and I had no luck with that one. 

My opinion: if Tascam got the drivers signed, it would have taken off most of the issues because to disable the driver signing at startup isn't really a thing to to for the common man in the street 

HW:
riojazz
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/20 23:46:28 (permalink)
Yes! This is exactly it.

My last post said, "It's not like an all-new driver is needed for Windows, just adaptation of the installation routine for a new OS."

Craig, thanks for anything you can do.

Jim Roseberry
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/21 00:33:00 (permalink)
Craig, Mike brought up a good point.
To effectively play/monitor in realtime thru software based processing/EFX, round-trip latency needs to be sub 6ms.
Upward of 10ms feels like playing thru molasses... (or a masochistic 100% wet delay line that can't be bypassed)  

The little RME Babyface yields sub 5ms total round-trip latency at a 48-sample ASIO buffer size 44.1k.
That's dangerously close to the best PCIe units.
RME are the (low-latency) benchmark by which all other USB audio interfaces are judged.
RME has earned that "benchmark" status.
With a well-configured current generation machine, you can run substantial loads (glitch-free) at that 48-sample ASIO buffer size.

IMO, Tascam needs to achieve this level of performance to attract the masses (if you can call our niche massive).
Great fidelity with rock-solid low round-trip latency... paired with great support and easy install will result in sales.

I wish you all the absolute best... just kicking my $0.02 into the discussion.  

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/21 01:20:17 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
The little RME Babyface yields sub 5ms total round-trip latency at a 48-sample ASIO buffer size 44.1k.
That's dangerously close to the best PCIe units.

IMO, Tascam needs to achieve this level of performance to attract the masses (if you can call our niche massive).
Great fidelity with rock-solid low round-trip latency... paired with great support and easy install will result in sales.

Well, the 4x4 is $249 and the 2x2 is $149, which is a whole lot less than the Babyface. I think the goal is more to compete with the Focusrites of this world due to the discrete preamps and price range, the two instrument ins, and the iOS compatibility. I also know they're emphasizing ease of installation. I should be getting the units soon to test.

What I don't understand is why virtually all the interfaces I've ever tested register round-trip latencies of around 10 ms or more even with only 64 sample buffers. According to the PreSonus document I referenced (which seemed to say it was not possible to obtain USB round trip below 4 ms as Mike claimed), they talk about manufacturers using "USB safety buffers" and that's what accounts for the higher latencies. Is what RME doing so difficult that other interface manufacturers with lots of resources (e.g., Steinberg via Yamaha) can't reach the same kind of latency specs? And how does Line 6 ToneDirect monitoring manage to get such low latency? They claim to bypass layers of the OS. Is that what RME is doing? Or is it something like PreSonus, where they're monitoring outside the DAW? I'm not finding it easy to get answers to these kinds of questions.

Featherlight
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/21 16:28:45 (permalink)
...would love an answer to this as well!

http://www.featherlightstudio.com/studio

Computer: Intel i7 Quad, Intel P7P55D mobo, 16gig Corsair, Nvidia 8600gs Fanless
-----------------------------------------------------
Computer: Mac Mini i7 Quad Core Server, Intel mobo, 16 gig DDR3, 2-USB3 Audio Drvs, Mavericks
-----------------------------------------------------
Audio Interface: Mackie 1640i Firewire Mixer on a 1394 400 TI Chip
Peripherals: 3 UAD-1 PCie, Ilok 2, MIDI'd Yamaha Motif xs,
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/21 17:22:44 (permalink)
Here is a place to start to read about audio latency. Vince has done a lot of leg work testing different units.
http://www.dawbench.com/audio-int-lowlatency.htm
http://www.dawbench.com/audio-int-lowlatency2.htm
http://www.dawbench.com/audio-int-lowlatency3.htm

RME seems to be the only company that makes its own chipsets and drivers. They have complete control and
a passion for great drivers. I wish I could afford one

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 17:07:40 (permalink)
The TASCAM interfaces showed up today. Here are preliminary latency tests on the $149 US-2x2, based on SONAR's ASIO reported latencies including buffers and hardware. Results for the US-4x4 should be the same, given that they use the same drivers.

This is on an H-P laptop with 2.4GHz i7. So far, solid with 64 sample buffers (lowest available option) running 64 audio tracks.

96 kHz with 64 sample buffers
Roundtrip 4.3 ms

44.1 kHz with 64 sample buffers
Roundtrip 9.4 ms

This is a major improvement over the previous third-party drivers. For comparison, based on tests at DAW Bench referenced in the previous post this pretty much equals or exceeds the performance of other USB 2 interfaces (Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Steinberg UR28M, Komplete Audio 6, etc.). The only ones I saw offhand with better specs are the MOTU 828 mk III hybrid (9 ms), PreSonus VSL 44 (7.3 ms) and RME Babyface (5.6 ms). I didn't see anything better in the same price range; most of those were over 10 ms. Also the mic pres are super-quiet, and it was indeed easy to set up. Actually, the whole package was more than I expected.

The 4.3 ms roundtrip on a laptop looks real promising for using amp sims live, particularly because as noted previously some sims sound better at 96 kHz.

clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 17:19:00 (permalink)
My Presonus VSL44 is indeed 7.3 ms roundtrip with 48khz 24bit 128 buffers. 44.1 kHz is 7.8 and 96khz is 4.7 ms roundtrip.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 17:25:28 (permalink)
clintmartin
My Presonus VSL44 is indeed 7.3 ms roundtrip with 48khz 24bit 128 buffers. I've tried 64 buffers, but I start having issues.

Interesting, DAW Bench showed 10.2 ms with the VSL set to 128 buffers but I think they were using a sample rate of 44.1 kHz. It will be interesting to see if I can maintain 64 samples on the TASCAM with more than 64 tracks, but so far it's been rock solid. 

InstrEd
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 18:23:31 (permalink)
I believe the Dawbench might not been updated with the new Presonus and Focusrite drivers.
Wish the 44.1KHz at 64 samples would of been in the 7 - 8ms range.

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

clintmartin
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 18:59:48 (permalink)
I'm not using the new Presonus drivers. They were worse! That is probably why we have different numbers. The new drivers were for people trying to use USB3. I'm using audiobox_12_5194.exe. Anyway I re-checked and at 44.1khz 7.8 ms roundtrip. It's great that we can get good performance from a low cost interface...and I'm looking forward to what Tascam and Sonar can achieve together.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 

Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 19:44:43 (permalink)
InstrEd
I believe the Dawbench might not been updated with the new Presonus and Focusrite drivers.
Wish the 44.1KHz at 64 samples would of been in the 7 - 8ms range.

I'm not sure the 1.4 ms difference between 8 ms and 9.4 ms is going to make too much of a real-world difference...but if you run at 48 kHz, then that scoots it down a little further. With the attempts to make 96 kHz the new standard, the 4.3 ms RTL looks pretty relevant.

clintmartin
I'm not using the new Presonus drivers. They were worse! That is probably why we have different numbers.

Aha, that explains why I noticed that the PreSonus driver numbers from Part 3 on DAW Bench were not as good as Part 2. However, in PreSonus's defense I think that being USB 3 compatible will probably help more people than shaving another millisecond or two off the RTL.

Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 19:45:44 (permalink)
InstrEd

There are plenty of Focusrite users here, perhaps they can chime in with what they're getting under real-world circumstances.

clintmartin
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 21:34:23 (permalink)
Maybe I should go to 96khz? 4.7ms roundtrip. I do use 48khz (for the 7.3). My songs usually have less then 12 tracks and I have tons of hard drive.

InstrEd
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 22:25:04 (permalink)
Craig what is the RTL on 96Khz with 128 buffer
and 256 buffer if you would check for us
Maybe I should consider going to 96Khz going forward.

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

Anderton
Re: Interesting TASCAM News from AES 2014/10/22 23:40:44 (permalink)
InstrEd
Craig what is the RTL on 96Khz with 128 buffer
and 256 buffer if you would check for us
Maybe I should consider going to 96Khz going forward.

At 96 kHz, Sonar is reporting 8.7 ms roundtrip latency at 128 sample buffers and 14.4 ms at 256.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1