Change projects sample rate (tip)

Author
Guitarpima
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4125
2014/10/25 00:11:15 (permalink)

Change projects sample rate (tip)

I pulled an older project that I did in 96khz sample rate. I remixed it with the learned techniques from when I did it last. the only problem was I used more effects than I did the last time and it would constantly drop out. After countless settings adjustments, I couldn't get it to work. I always do my projects in 44.1 anymore and wanted to change this project so I looked here on the forum and found out there really is no way. Unwilling to accept defeat, I put my brain to work: Yes, I know. Miracles.

I thought outside the box. The box, in this case is Sonar. Most of you probably have the program called "dbpoweramp". Well, dbpoweramp comes with a conversion tool so I selected all the audio files in the projects audio folder and converted them to 24/44.1 and it worked! When I opened the project it did say some audio files were corrupted and would be padded with silence. I didn't hear anything missing though.

Before I did this though, I copied the audio folder and pasted it in another location just in case it did not work. In this case, it worked.

EDiT:
Another thing I did was to freeze every track. This saved the project. I found the corrupted files and luckily I was paying attention. Since I froze the tracks, everything sounded  like it should. I unfroze them one by one and found the corrupted files. I hit CTRL+Z, which refroze them and cloned the tracks. Cloning the tracks turns the frozen track to unfrozen but in the frozen state. If that makes sense. You end up with normal clips and not a frozen clip.

I guess I would not recommend this as I got lucky and the tracks are all there and since they were frozen, was able to revive them.
post edited by Guitarpima - 2014/10/25 17:24:05

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1