Pro Audio 9 versus Sonar x3

Author
Mojack
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/10/25 11:55:29 (permalink)

Pro Audio 9 versus Sonar x3

Hi first problem,I pad would not scroll to Country .Correct country is South Africa. I have pro audio 9 and X P. I have the opportunity to purchase Sonar X 3. All I want to do is record myself playing on my Casio and produce a CD. Can I get by with Sonar X 3 or would I need x3 home studio. I believe I would have to upgrade to windows 7. I downloaded a trial version of Sonar x 2 but found it very difficult yo use. please help

1 Reply Related Threads

Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: Pro Audio 9 versus Sonar x3 2014/10/25 13:05:12 (permalink)
    Mojack
    Hi first problem,I pad would not scroll to Country .Correct country is South Africa.

I am assuming you mean that your posting from South Africa. There maybe a problem with the forum software stopping the iPad from scrolling. IDK We have had some funny things happen with the forum software recently. Thought it was all worked out. Maybe not.

Mojack

I have pro audio 9 and X P. I have the opportunity to purchase Sonar X 3. All I want to do is record myself playing on my Casio and produce a CD. Can I get by with Sonar X 3 or would I need x3 home studio. I believe I would have to upgrade to windows 7. I downloaded a trial version of Sonar x 2 but found it very difficult yo use. please help

I am not sure, but I think there are a few people around here that still run XP with X3. So you might not "have" to upgrade to Win7.

Yes you can do what you want, recording yourself to make a CD, with X3. Biggest thing with X3 from other versions is no Pro Channel, no Melodyne, and no Audio Snap. You can get by without those. Here is a link to see what the differences between X3 and X3HS are.

www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Take a look and post back anymore questions.

HTH

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1