Helpful ReplyAttention: Pianists using X3

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Jean
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/25 20:26:00 (permalink)
Hi,
I haven't quite worked my way through all of this thread, but I have similar pedal problems. I mostly use Vintage D. Find I have to go in and move pedal points in the piano roll, usually involves sliding the pedal 'offs' back a bit all the time. Particularly noticeable when you lift the pedal just before you play the next chord, then in piano roll view the 'off' doesn't happen before the chord, but just after you've played the chord, so at the point where the next chord happens, the sustain pedal is still on. Very annoying.
I think as well that I've saved a project and when I reopen the project, the pedal points have moved again.
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/26 01:24:31 (permalink)
gmp

Cakewalk is aware of the bug. I worked with Tech support on the phone for a good while twice and he acknowledged it was a bug. I've used Cakewalk products since the DOS days and the X series is the first one that had show stopper bugs that were not addressed and fixed.  X1 and X3 have had show stopper bugs, so I'm still using 8.53.

There's no way I'll have a client in my studio and play a perfect piano part only to find there are sus pedal errors that I have to fix and waste studio time. I just hope it's fixed in X4. I'll use their trial version first, since I've lost my trust in their integrity.

Thats a bit harsh. Every software product on the planet has bugs and and 8.5 had far worse bugs than any of the X series. You probably just didn't notice them in your workflow.

I agree that it is an important issue - I fixed it a few weeks ago. It was a silly bug caused by some code that was misinterpreting a MIDI CC message with a value of zero as a note off message (because of a fault MIDI status bit check). This was leading to genuine CC's with a value of 0 (like CC 64 pedal events) being dropped. Its very hard to spot this bug normally since you wouldn't notice a CC with a value of zero being dropped since typically you get a sequence of CC's rather than a single event as occurs with CC 64. Also to compound the problem, it would only occur in certain cases depending on the duration of prior notes. This is why it wasn't obvious and not noticed earlier. 

While fixing this I also addressed some other related issues dealing with CC's in cropped clips and controller search back. that dated back to over 15 years ago - so much for the theory of 8.5 working fine :) Anyway pedal and CC rendering should be improved in the next version...

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/26 01:52:08 (permalink)
gmp

Cakewalk is aware of the bug. I worked with Tech support on the phone for a good while twice and he acknowledged it was a bug. I've used Cakewalk products since the DOS days and the X series is the first one that had show stopper bugs that were not addressed and fixed.  X1 and X3 have had show stopper bugs, so I'm still using 8.53.

There's no way I'll have a client in my studio and play a perfect piano part only to find there are sus pedal errors that I have to fix and waste studio time. I just hope it's fixed in X4. I'll use their trial version first, since I've lost my trust in their integrity.

Thats a bit harsh. Every software product on the planet has bugs and and 8.5 had far worse bugs than any of the X series. You probably just didn't notice them in your workflow.

I agree that it is an important issue - I fixed it a few weeks ago. It was a silly bug caused by some code that was misinterpreting a MIDI CC message with a value of zero as a note off message (because of a fault MIDI status bit check). This was leading to genuine CC's with a value of 0 (like CC 64 pedal events) being dropped. Its very hard to spot this bug normally since you wouldn't notice a CC with a value of zero being dropped since typically you get a sequence of CC's rather than a single event as occurs with CC 64. Also to compound the problem, it would only occur in certain cases depending on the duration of prior notes. This is why it wasn't obvious and not noticed earlier. 

While fixing this I also addressed some other related issues dealing with CC's in cropped clips and controller search back. that dated back to over 15 years ago - so much for the theory of 8.5 working fine :) Anyway pedal and CC rendering should be improved in the next version...

This is such good news, Noel. I'm so happy you fixed it and also found a few more related issues. Sorry for any harshness, I've just been very frustrated not being able to use X3, and was beginning to wonder why it wasn't being fixed. I see now from your response that it wasn't an easy one to find. Thanks again, already you've restored my faith! I'm so glad you're still around I remember you back in the early days of Cakewalk. I look forward to X4.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/26 08:20:04 (permalink)
gmp

With all due respect, this is a serious issue so why are we waiting for the next version?  I would hope that this would be released as an update/bug fix as soon as the beta team gives the go.

Kind regards,
Rick

Edited for formating
post edited by rtucker55 - 2014/10/26 18:35:04

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
stickman393
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/27 19:21:30 (permalink)
> this is a serious issue so why are we waiting for the next version?  I would hope that this would be released as an update/bug fix as soon as the beta team gives the go

As one who has encountered this bug in the past (but not reliably reproduceably), I trust Cakewalk to weigh the reporting frequency of particular issues against their dev/test/ship timeline and decide whether to devote resources to issuing a patch release ahead of the X4 release.

It sucks because based on release history, there is no way an update for X3 will be released once X4 is out. The path to bug fixes will be through X4 upgrades, not retroactive patches.

Speaking for myself, if I got to vote on which way to go, I'd vote for the X4 path.

rtucker55
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/27 19:45:47 (permalink)
stickman393

It sucks because based on release history, there is no way an update for X3 will be released once X4 is out. The path to bug fixes will be through X4 upgrades, not retroactive patches.

Speaking for myself, if I got to vote on which way to go, I'd vote for the X4 path.

This is exactly the same thing that happened to the folks who chose to stick with X2 when X3 was released. If they did not spend the money to upgrade they were stuck with the X2 bugs that were/had been known issues as I recall.

I hope to upgrade to X4 but, at this point, I have no idea what changes that brings. I see things on the Forum that speculate about a subscription vs. a purchase, things about the license potentially requiring internet connection. I would not support either of those. We have No real info from Cake to dispel those rumors but it would be nice.

I do know that two of the questions I answered on the survey was about subscriptions and my internet connectivity.
I don't see much cake can add to the existing product that would interest me except fixing the bugs they know are there and already have fixes for.

If this becomes a 'Buy a Bug Fix' then fine with me but get them out to the folks as soon as they are ready to go, not wait until the next version release...

ULTRABRA
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 484
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 07:45:27 (permalink)
I've had these same issues --- I had put it down to user error (LOL), and its DEFINITELY something that should be released a free update.   Went thorugh the same issues previously when left with bugs in X2 and being forced to buy X3.  I won't do it again.

HP Z420, Intel Xeon E5-1620@ 3600MHz, 8GB RAM,  Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 24, & Sonar : Producer X3    
My Soundcloud
rebel007
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 926
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 08:29:18 (permalink)
Thanks for the update Noel. Being a keyboard player this has been quite an annoying issue and I for one am glad you've found it and look forward the fix.
There are a number of other threads that have discussed the issue of fixing known bugs in an update or rolling them into the next release, I guess it's just a matter of timing.
 I do understand the frustrations of those users that have had to wait for this to happen, there have been two projects of mine that have had quite a bit of extra editing time put into them to overcome this issue. But I also understand the difficulty of undertaking an update to X3. If I have to wait until X4 then so be it, you have increased my appetite for said update.

Home Built Desktop Computer: Intel Core i5 750: 4Mb RAM: NVidia 210 Silent: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum: Roland OctaCapture
Presario CQ41 Laptop: Intel Core i5 760: 4Mb RAM: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum (Retired)
CbB on HP Pavilion Laptop 64bit: GeForce Video Card: Intel 8550: 256GB SSD 1TB Data Drive: Windows10 64bit
ULTRABRA
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 09:54:16 (permalink)
I don't see why there should be any other way than this:  at the time of release of X4, the known bugs of X3 should be given as a free update to those who have X3, and to those who then want to purchase X4 (for whatever extras it will offer) then they can do so.  But X3 users should not be forced into purchasing an upgrade to eliminate known bugs. 

HP Z420, Intel Xeon E5-1620@ 3600MHz, 8GB RAM,  Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 24, & Sonar : Producer X3    
My Soundcloud
rtucker55
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 10:27:01 (permalink)
My guess is that the bug fixes have already been built-in to the X4 code now. Highly unlikely there is a separate patch that would work with X3 code. Again, just a guess on my part...

If Noel or someone from Cake would like to clear this up it would be Greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Rick

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 10:43:27 (permalink)
ULTRABRA
I don't see why there should be any other way than this:  at the time of release of X4, the known bugs of X3 should be given as a free update to those who have X3, and to those who then want to purchase X4 (for whatever extras it will offer) then they can do so.  But X3 users should not be forced into purchasing an upgrade to eliminate known bugs. 

It's thinking like this that will move Cakewalk to using a subscription model. Then it will be official: If you want the bug fixes, keep your subscription active.

Now, I've been affected by this bug a few times as well, but I'm okay waiting for the fixes in the next release because I would rather have X4 be a solid release than have the bakers spending time regression testing X3 patches and then not doing enough to ensure that X4 is a clean release.

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
gmp
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 11:26:10 (permalink)
There's no way I'll have a client in my studio and play a perfect piano part only to find there are sus pedal errors that I have to fix and waste studio time. So this is why this has been a show stopper bug for me forcing me to stay with 8.53, obviously I would vote for a new patch for X3. We don't know how close X4 is to actually being released and even the targeted release date, that only Cakewalk knows about, may end up being delayed if the beta testers find more important bugs to fix. So an X3 patch may be the best solution.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
ULTRABRA
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 12:05:13 (permalink)
dcumpian
ULTRABRA

It's thinking like this that will move Cakewalk to using a subscription model. Then it will be official: If you want the bug fixes, keep your subscription active.

Now, I've been affected by this bug a few times as well, but I'm okay waiting for the fixes in the next release because I would rather have X4 be a solid release than have the bakers spending time regression testing X3 patches and then not doing enough to ensure that X4 is a clean release.

Regards,
Dan

In this case though, you've already paid your "subscription" by buying X3 in the first place, and then again in buying the X4 upgrade aswell.   The final version of X1, X2, X3, etc should be at least clean of the KNOWN bugs, before expecting us to purchase the next version.   

My Soundcloud
Dan Cate [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1277
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 12:24:21 (permalink)
Hi Gerry and those experiencing this issue,

The bug here is a problem with how events are rendered in Sonar. Essentially, in some cases we're interpreting controller information that is at 0 as a note off rather than a controller event at 0. This is rare but can manifest easiest with CC64 Pedal events and effects pianists the most. 

In MIDI, Pedal off is CC64 with a value of 0 to 63. In cases where you are running into problems with pedal,  you can convert the CC64 off from 0 to 1-63. The Process - Find/Change feature can be used for this. Here's the procedure:

1. Select the MIDI clip/s that are are problematic with Pedal events.
2. Open Process - Find/Change window.
3. Click the None button at the bottom RH corner of the window to clear all fields. 
4. Click the check box next to Control.
5. Under Number type in 64 for Min and Max (this is the controller event). Under Value type 0 for Min and Max. Hit OK. This searches all controller 64 events with a value of 0.
6. The view will remain open after OK. Next under Number verify 64 is set for Min and Max. Under Value type in 1 for Min and Max. Hit OK. This will convert all pedal events (CC64) at 0 to 1. From this point pedal events will work as expected. 

You can save this event filter search as a preset for more convenient use.

Subsequently, if the problem occurs in a single area, you can use the Event List editor or PRV Controller lane to edit the CC64 event from 0 to 1 in the location this is occurring. Alternatively, in the PRV, zoom out all the way, Lasso select just the CC 64= 0 events and shift drag them up (shift is the constrain modifier so the events do not move in time) to a value greater than 0 but less than 63. 

Some keyboard controllers will also allow you to constrain controller events. If your controller has an edit page for the pedal, set it so that pedal off = 1 rather than 0. This would eliminate the need for the above steps. 

The description seems lengthy but it takes only a few seconds to perform. This should resolve the issue for you until a fix is distributed. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Thanks!
Daniel Cate [Cakewalk]  
rtucker55
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 12:47:11 (permalink)
Dan,

Thank You for shedding some detailed light on this problem and a work around.

Kind regards,
Rick Tucker

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 12:57:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dcumpian 2014/10/28 13:10:30
A CAL scriipt which could be bound to a shortcut would be
;; quick fix for CC64 = 0 bug
(forEachEvent
   (if (&& (&& (== Event.Kind CONTROL) (== Control.Num 64)) (== Control.Val 0))
       (= Control.Val 1)
   )
)

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 13:23:33 (permalink)

ULTRABRA
dcumpian
ULTRABRA

Regards,
Dan

In this case though, you've already paid your "subscription" by buying X3 in the first place, and then again in buying the X4 upgrade aswell.   The final version of X1, X2, X3, etc should be at least clean of the KNOWN bugs, before expecting us to purchase the next version.   

In a perfect world, that would be the case. But old bugs surface every day, so that is impractical, at best. As far as I can tell, once Cakewalk begins work on the next version, in earnest (that's when the bakers largely disappear from the forums), the current version's code base is "frozen". Without having a second development team to migrate bug fixes to older versions (while excising code that is an enhancement or new feature), I just can't see them working on two builds at once.

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/28 22:09:33 (permalink)

What makes Cakewalk's approach acceptable to me is that they offer very reasonable pricing on the upgrade if you wait for it to go on sale.  The price is such that you can consider you're buying the new goodies for a very good price and you then get the bug fixes 'for free' along with them.  At least that's how I've come around to thinking about this.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/29 09:50:42 (permalink)
dcumpian
Without having a second development team to migrate bug fixes to older versions (while excising code that is an enhancement or new feature), I just can't see them working on two builds at once.

And that's the issue in a nutshell. Applying a bug fix to a previous version is a different process compared to building it in to a new version. For one thing, the QC process is different for separate versions, and QCing is a major factor in software development. 

The cost of having another development team dedicated to migrating bug fixes to older versions would raise the price of updates considerably, or require raising the software's initial price in anticipation of continuing to develop it after newer versions appear. This is why most music software companies operate the same way as Cakewalk does. The companies in this industry aren't big enough to be like Microsoft and offer patches to versions that are no longer being sold.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
gmp
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/29 12:15:15 (permalink)
scook
A CAL scriipt which could be bound to a shortcut would be
;; quick fix for CC64 = 0 bug
(forEachEvent
   (if (&& (&& (== Event.Kind CONTROL) (== Control.Num 64)) (== Control.Val 0))
       (= Control.Val 1)
   )
)

Your CAL script works great. I have it set up with a shortcut. I can now select a piano track, hit the shortcut and it's instantly fixed. Great time saver! I'm glad we still have some guys like you into CAL. And thank to Daniel Cate for this workaround and good explanation of what's happening with this bug.

I didn't solve some Win 7 problems with my sound card until March, so when I upgraded to X3 on March 22, the latest patch was X3e. I think by that time Cakewalk was already starting to consider X4 work. Maybe that's about the time the bakers disappeared from the forum. I didn't see any other posts about this bug in the forum, so I assume this bug must have been too low on the radar to concentrate on.

I have a feeling if I would have had this post up in the early stages of X3 in stead of 4/27, it would have likely been addressed, especially considering that tech support was also onto this bug after I alerted them.  At this point I'm glad that Noel zeroed in on this bug and fixed it in X4 and that we now have a workaround with the CAL script. So I feel better now.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/31 11:26:24 (permalink)
This isn't an issue that affects me much, but wow, what a great thread and what a great way to wrap it up.   I'm also copying scook's CAL for future use.  In X3, of course.  

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Anderton
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/31 11:49:35 (permalink)
scook knows all. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/31 13:04:36 (permalink)
I had sustain pedal issues and had attributed it to my controller. Reading this thread has caused me to reconsider that idea. I'm glad a fix is possible and easily initiated.Thanks guys for the help and jumping in to assist.

I think the Cakewalk team has offered substantial bug fixes in the X3 version. I guess if your particular issue wasn't addressed, then those fixes might seem trivial. The fact remains, there have been significant strides made to address issues in each version. You have to stop somewhere and move on....X3e is a good solid piece of software. I have seldom had any issues with it. Most issues related to me trying to drag a vst into a channel while I have 20+ tracks going....probably asking for trouble :) If you personally had a bad experience with a bug in Sonar then my positive outlook probably doesn't bode well. It can be frustrating to have issues that cost you studio time....I think this thread is a fine example of they way the Cakewalk team attempts to jump in and help. I don't get the feeling we're being stuck with an issue and told to "just live with it". 

Hey Cakewalk if you're looking for beta testers...I'm interested :)

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/31 13:17:55 (permalink)
Starise
Hey Cakewalk if you're looking for beta testers...I'm interested :)

*Adds you to the potential tester pool*

Best Regards,
Seth
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/31 13:23:48 (permalink)
Seth, the old form http://www.cakewalk.com/beta/forms/  has been taken down. I hope it was on purpose and not due to site reorg.
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2014/10/31 13:25:27 (permalink)
scook
Seth, the old form http://www.cakewalk.com/beta/forms/  has been taken down. I hope it was on purpose and not due to site reorg.

That was on purpose. We want to integrate Beta Tester stuff with Cakewalk Single-Sign-On, it's a WIP. 

Best Regards,
Seth
emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2015/08/17 01:02:34 (permalink)
Hi guys and gals,

I'm resurrecting this thread a little, I've been battling the sustain pedal bug - I have X3e, build 352 - the sustain pedal doesn't record properly, the notes are blurring into each other. I've read the thread and tried moving the sustain pedal events marked at "zero" up to  4 or 5 or so. Not helping. Poor piano players, no love from SONAR.

I've copied Scook's CAL script ??? I don't know how to run CAL scripts? Somebody said something about a CAL script can be run as a shortcut?

A better question - did this MAJOR sustain pedal issue ever get fixed in a Sonar update? Is this horrible sustain pedal bug that never should have been foisted upon an unsuspecting public now a thing of the past?

cheers,
-Tom

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video
Anderton
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2015/08/17 01:20:21 (permalink)
emeraldsoul
A better question - did this MAJOR sustain pedal issue ever get fixed in a Sonar update?

Yes. IIRC it was either when Sonar 2015 was intrroduced, or shortly thereafter.

Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2015/08/17 08:39:28 (permalink)
Its definitely fixed in Platinum. I spent a lot of time on this issue and worked with the OP to test it. I used a MIDI monitor to ensure that all sustain events are processed properly under various combinations. We made two fixes to address all permutations of this issue. One fix was in the first release itself and another was a couple of months later.
post edited by Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] - 2015/08/17 08:53:49

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
gmp
Re: Attention: Pianists using X3 2015/08/17 11:02:26 (permalink)
I'm the OP and thanks to Noel attentiveness to this issue, it is fixed. I've been using it for several months. I'd encourage you to upgrade, I couldn't even use X3, since I'm a pianist and the last problem fixed affected mostly Ivory users

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1