AnsweredCinematic Percussions

Author
pawanjalan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2014/10/30 21:02:17 (permalink)

Cinematic Percussions

Hi 
I am looking for VST plugins with cinematic percussions and other cinematic sounds. I have a Sonar X3 Producer version, not sure if there are available instruments in Sonar that will give me those sounds. Am looking at sounds similar to those of Action Strikes and other components in the Komplete kit by Native Instruments.

Thanks
PJ
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Cinematic Percussions 2014/10/31 10:27:49 (permalink)
Heavyocity.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
czyky
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: Cinematic Percussions 2014/10/31 13:04:06 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby pawanjalan 2014/10/31 19:31:32
Those big drum sounds don't come in the Sonar box. You could cobble together some yourself from the many samples and filter options that come with sonar and its many plugins, but that would be time consuming. You _could_ look around at the many sample sets that have cinematic drums (or taiko or frame). Any of the SFZ (or just plain WAV) sets available would work in, say, Dimension Pro or Rapture--or drop zone or cakewalk instruments. Using Rapture to read the samples, for example, allows you to use it's power to filter or extend or otherwise mangle the samples and get your own big sound. (Just a simple tuning down the sample an octave or two may give you something close with ANY drum sample. (Tuning down and then maybe boosting the first dozen msecs of the sample, maybe?)There are some free sounds floating around (99sounds) that are decent, but again you'd spend time cobbling things together. I don't know how much you want from cinematic drums, if it's a lot, look for a sound set. (Time is often worth more than money.)

Actions Strikes sounds awesome, the caveat is that now everybody's drums sound like/is Action Strikes. Maybe get a decent SFZ sample set (for a lot less than AS) and tune everything down/double up the samples, etc. to make your _own_ sound.

"I can't think of a single example of where a big company buying a small company has ultimately been good for consumers." --bitflipper
www.reverbnation.com/markadamczyk
www.adamczyk.com
pawanjalan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Cinematic Percussions 2014/10/31 19:41:37 (permalink)
thanks for the detailed response and suggestions, this is extremely useful!
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1