Drum mapping on MC6

Author
iand63
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/11/16 13:22:37 (permalink)

Drum mapping on MC6

hi

Just been reading through the help file on drum mapping and it may as well have been written in manderin. I can open drum map manager and assign this to midi track. I can open PRV and find drum map pane. And that's all I have managed to do so far When I click on the keys in PRV no sound is created. Just to double check I tried this with other soft synths and it works fine for every instrument but drums.

Help! where am I going wrong?

muchly grateful and frustrated

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Drum mapping on MC6 2014/11/16 13:30:20 (permalink)
    What synth are you using with the Drum Map? A drum map is not a synth it is a method for translating incoming MIDI data to satisfy the requirements of the synth(s) connected to the map.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Drum mapping on MC6 2014/11/17 08:04:35 (permalink)
    Unless you really, really need to use drum mapping..... and chances are you don't.... there's really not a need to do drum mapping to make music.

I started out, heard about drum mapping and wanted to know what it was and how to do it..... however, I found that all the drum synths I had in my DAW and new ones I was getting did not require any sort of mapping and worked perfectly fine as they were with their default installations. At that point, I stopped worrying about drum mapping and just worked on the music.

Of course, that's my opinion.  But, from day one to this very day, I have never mapped a single drum.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Drum mapping on MC6 2014/11/17 21:10:58 (permalink)
    I use drum maps all the time, they are very powerful and very helpful if you know what they are for how to use them.

but they aren't necessary just for normal use of a softsynth or drum program.  what exactly are you trying to do?  you said you're trying to use them with drums, but you didn't say which drum softsynth you're using or why you want to edit a drummap for it.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1