Sonar x3 and Mobius VST as tempo sync'd looper

Author
Mystic38
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1622
2014/05/09 20:05:14 (permalink)

Sonar x3 and Mobius VST as tempo sync'd looper

Want to jam along with a drum machine?.. bang out some drum track, arp some synth on top and go nuts on the guitar?..

Well..now you can.. yes i know, not exactly leap tall buildings but its the sort of stuff i like to do..lol

there is a VST/standalone package called mobius which works really well with Sonar x3. This package is very capable, very comprehensive and the manual is exacting and long, but very short on initial user friendliness.

So, heres a step up video .. a first look get you up and running video setting mobius on a bus as an fx in x3 and configuring the global, preset, and track setups.. with banal drums and arps to prove the midi sync..

Enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwf4pCBmXLo

HPE-580T with i7-950, 8G, 1.5T, ATI6850, Win7/64, Motu 828 III Hybrid, Motu Midi Express, Sonar Platinum, Komplete 9, Ableton Live 9 & Push 2, Melodyne Editor and other stuff, KRK VXT8 Monitors
Virus Ti2 Polar, Fantom G6, Yamaha S70XS, Novation Nova, Novation Nova II, Korg MS2000, Waldorf Micro Q, NI Maschine Studio, TC-VoiceLive Rack, 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2001 Gibson Les Paul DC, 1999 Fender Am Hardtail Strat, Fender Blues Jr, Orange TH30/PPC212, Tak EF360GF, one mic, no talent.

1 Reply Related Threads

SilverfoxUK
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 257
    Re: Sonar x3 and Mobius VST as tempo sync'd looper 2014/11/20 16:36:26 (permalink)
    Great, Thanks for doing this!

Can I just say I wasted 40 mins getting very annoyed due to the Mobius window disappearing when I clicked Play on Sonar. (the mobius window vanished behind Sonar's) This cannot be fixed with changeing 'floating' by clicking the top left of the Mobius window because the option is NOT THERE.

anyway, hopefully this fix will help someone else (from the manual):

9.4 Dual Window Mode
    Unlike most VST plugins, Mobius by default opens two windows when running under a Microsoft operating system. The first is a small window containing the Mobius icon and the text Click to open Mobius window. The second is the main Mobius window.
    The first small window is the normal "editor" window created by the VST host. Most plugins put all of their user interface in this window. This window does however have some limitations for Mobius users. First, the window cannot be resized so if you change the layout of the Mobius user interface it may not be possible to display everything. A more serious limitation is that computer keyboard key events are often not passed along to he plugins so you cannot use the keyboard to control Mobius.
    Because of these limitations, by default Mobius opens a second window over which it has complete control. This window may be resized and will receive keyboard events just like the standalone Mobius window. If you close the main window, the VST editor window will remain open, simply click anywhere inside the editor window to reopen the main window. If you close the editor window, both windows will be closed.
    Some people prefer to have Mobius put the user interface into to the VST editor window. This is possible if you are willing to live with the limitations. Bring up the Global Parameters dialog, find the parameter named Dual Plugin Edit Window, and uncheck the checkbox. Close the both the Mobius main window and the editor window and ask the host to reopen the editor window. You may need to restart the host application for this change to take effect.
    We have had reports of crashes using single window mode with some hosts. The causes for this are unclear, but if you are experiencing crashes using the plugin in single window mode, try enabling dual window mode.
    Dual window mode cannot be enabled in the Mac Audio Unit plugin.
    Dual window mode may be enabled in the Mac VST plugin but it is not the default.

X3 64bit (final update)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Gigabyte SKT-1155 P67A-UD5 B3    
    Intel i5 2400 Sandybridge Quad core    
    6 GB Corsair RAM
    V-STUDIO 100 (Driver 1.50)
    M-AudioAxiom 49
    Korg PadKontrol
    BCF2000 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1