Helpful ReplySONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw.

Author
Lightball
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2014/11/18 07:51:40 (permalink)

SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw.

Hello.

Got some questions regarding SX3P installed on Windows 10 Preview.

1. Installation was flawless.
2. When started up it "crashed", the file "avrt.dll" was the cause of that crash.

I have made a backup, so i localized the file in the backup that ive made, and replaced it.
Then Sonar X3 Producer started up fine. I used the "avrt.dll" that was in the previous installation
with Windows 8.1.
But ... no good story lasts forever. When i got it Up & Running i realized that i cant do any "DOWNMIX"
nor can i create new project. Working with old porjects is no problem. ( sorry i dont have any screen dumps
on the error messages ). But in short, it only states that it cant create any files ( project files or "downmix file/wave ).

So i therfore ask CAKEWALK developer team if there is any plans of making any fix or something that resolves this issue?
I know that Win 10 Preview is a "Beta" version, and therefore is "Not supported".
But maybe the developing team is little bit "Hardcore", and is up for some challange? 
And they might do i fix Despite that Win 10 is under development?

Note: What i could se Windows 10 is the system to choose, when it comes out from the "laboratory" into the market.
When it comes to preformance etc. Clearly better then its predecessor WIn 8-8.1, as far asi can tell. 

Thansk for making and developing a outstanding DAW and of course the greatest DAW on the market :)

Is Using:
2 x 5650, 32 GB ram, 2 x 512 GB SSD + "X" TB storage, RME Raydat Soundcard, Win 10 Preveiw.

//Stefan

fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 08:11:28 (permalink)
I have a copy of the Win 10 Beta, that I haven't installed yet, but intend to.  If I get a chance today, I'll install it and then install X3 and see what happens. 

But as this is relatively early in the Win 10 Beta timeline and not everything is included in the Beta version (and not everything is going to work or work properly and Win 10 will evolve/change), if it doesn't work I don't think developers, such as Cakewalk, would issue any Win 10 specific patches for a "working" program.

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 08:43:23 (permalink)
I'd be surprised if the dev team starts doing any serious work with Win10 until at least the first release candidate when things start to get a little more set in stone.  Up until that point anything can change at the drop of a hat.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Lightball
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 08:52:53 (permalink)
Hello again.

Fireberd:
Sounds really interesting, please keep me posted about the progress. 

A tip: make a copy of the file "avrt.dll" beforeyou reinstall the computer.
Its located in c:\windows\system32 folder.
It can save you from some "headache"... if you should receive the same problertm as i did
then its only to take the avrt.dll file, from the old installation, and replace the "new" one in Win 10.

//Stefan

cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 10:35:41 (permalink)
I installed the preview, but found that almost nothing worked properly,
either hardware or software, other then Windows itself...so pulled it for now...

I will install on a separate drive and play with later...when time permits...

Lightball
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 10:43:33 (permalink)
Hello there...

cclary: Sorry to hear. But in your case im almost certain that it has to do with issue regarding the driver to your soundcard, or something. I did not experience anything like that. :(
But if you try to experiment with it, please feel free to post it hear.
Should be nice to se if you come to an solution.

For couriosity: Did you experience problems with the "avrt.dll" file as well? If so...did you make a copy of it before installing/upgrading to win 10, and replaced it? ( as i described earlier )

//Stefan
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 11:38:57 (permalink)
They do not call it bleeding edge for nothing.
johnnyV
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2677
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 11:54:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Skyline_UK 2014/11/19 05:16:32
Personally I can think of better things to do with my time then muck about with beta OS or Software for that matter. They should pay people to test..
No offence intended here at all, but I guess I have a hard time understanding why when things are working smoothly both OS and Software wise, that everybody's drooling over X4 and Windows 10??? Is it an ultra geek thing or just "gotta have the latest" obsession. Sit back, relax and start thinking about this stuff  "after"  it's been released on the market for at least a week, or better yet 6 months... :) 

Sonar X3e Studio - Waiting for Professional
 Scarlett 6i6
Yamaha Gear= 01v - NSM 10 - DTX 400 - MG82cx
Roland Gear= A 49- GR 50 - TR 505 - Boss pedals
Tascam Gear=  DR 40 - US1641 -
Mackie Gear= Mix 8 - SRM 350's 
i5 Z97 3.2GHZ quad 16 Gig RAM W 8.1  home build
Taylor mini GS - G& L Tribute Tele - 72 Fender Princeton - TC BH 250 - Mooer and Outlaw Pedals  Korg 05/RW

Lightball
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 12:18:35 (permalink)
Goodevening..

johnnyV: Interesting Point of view... these threads i Think is to get knowledge and understanding about issues regarding SonarX. It can be pure recording issues, how to record this, how to get that sound thats is maybe the most interesting aspects of recording music. But you have technical issues as well. And one aspect is to try out things, new things like hardware or software. This issue regarding Windows 10 is pure for testing purpose, because ive experienced some problems with synchronizing in my previous installation with Win 7/8, this issue i dont have in Win 10, sadley... And then i decided to try it out, but unfortunatley it came out with some serious issues ( mentioned above )... Thats one argument why i tried it out...and Another is that, you can say its a part of my work to.
And im happy with that you has find your "hardware" and proper settings for you so thats positive...congrats...

But please if you have any positive feedback on this issue, please write back here, im more than willing to read...

Keep on rocking...!

//Stefan
riojazz
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1337
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 12:37:10 (permalink)
I put the Windows 10 beta on a stock laptop (no music production) simply because it was acting flaky with Windows 8.1.  It was either a reinstall of 8.1, or try the new OS. 

I really like Windows 10 beta so far.  Everything works fine on it, though that's just the typical stuff like browsers, Word, and a printer.  It felt like I was working with Windows 7 in friendliness and Windows 8 in performance, but again, nothing stressed the system like SONAR might.

All this is to say I am impressed with Windows 10 and look forward to the final release.

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
johnnyV
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2677
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/18 12:40:03 (permalink)
Hey, thanks for the insight, if this is your job and something your passonate about then I'll agree, I guess I'm just not as worried about if anything should change because it all seems good to me the way it is. Or at least as good as it's ever going to be. They will make a more powerful computer, then Mirco soft will find a way to bring it to it's knees again. 
Looking like it's going to snow,,, better get outside and put my patio furniture away :) 

Sonar X3e Studio - Waiting for Professional
 Scarlett 6i6
Yamaha Gear= 01v - NSM 10 - DTX 400 - MG82cx
Roland Gear= A 49- GR 50 - TR 505 - Boss pedals
Tascam Gear=  DR 40 - US1641 -
Mackie Gear= Mix 8 - SRM 350's 
i5 Z97 3.2GHZ quad 16 Gig RAM W 8.1  home build
Taylor mini GS - G& L Tribute Tele - 72 Fender Princeton - TC BH 250 - Mooer and Outlaw Pedals  Korg 05/RW

Living Room Rocker
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 675
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 00:24:37 (permalink)
Karyn I'd be surprised if the dev team starts doing any serious work with Win10 until at least the first release candidate when things start to get a little more set in stone.  Up until that point anything can change at the drop of a hat.

Hi, Karyn.  That surely is the case with current technology cycles.  However, I am certain that the Bakers are working with Win10 as I type this post...wait, what time is it in Boston.  After all, Cakewalk (TT) has always been cutting edge.  If you recall, or maybe it was before your time, SONAR was the first 64bit processing DAW software available.  At that time, 64bit processing in Windows was just released.  So, obviously the Bakers were at the cutting boards with rollers in hand long before 64bit Windows was approaching gold, [much less on the shells or in webcarts - ancillary remark].  (Please don't confuse programs like Windows Server and such already having 64bit capability which was not intended for consumer consumption.)  Since Windows 10 is slated for release sometime in 2015, that's just over a month away (not that is going to be available on January 1, the Bakers are not going to be sitting on there loins until Win10 is in its final stages.  The Win10 foundation is already complete, it's all about building and tweaking from there.  I'm confident to say the Bakers are on it.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Kind regards, Living Room Rocker
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 01:05:25 (permalink)
As release is likely to be 10 months away (Sept 2015) and there is only a preview build I suspect developers have far more pressing issues (like X4), and by the time is gets released X5 might be just around the corner...

Or they are going to release X4 in Sept 2015 when the new OS comes out ;)

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
fireberd
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 06:37:44 (permalink)
I didn't get around to installing Win 10 yesterday.  Too much going on and may not get around to it for some time.  But, when I do I'll report back.

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Jim Roseberry
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 10:27:24 (permalink)
Karyn
I'd be surprised if the dev team starts doing any serious work with Win10 until at least the first release candidate when things start to get a little more set in stone.  Up until that point anything can change at the drop of a hat.

That's exactly right...
Once Win10 hits RTM status, that's when it makes sense to address outstanding issues.
Prior to that, it's chasing a moving target...

FWIW, I see Win10 somewhat as Microsoft's answer to the ever "evolving" OSX.
It's not a huge change from one version to the next... but rather incremental evolution (improvement/enhancement).
In some ways, I think that makes good sense.  It allows innovation... but things can more easily be reined-in and coarse-corrected (if not well received).  The OS is more easily "adapted" to circumstances...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 11:22:08 (permalink)
Given that the CW managers have a history of working with the MS dudes, I think the CW offices have multiple machines running every version of windows CW products are/will-be supported on.

I doubt the CW guys want to wait until RTM to learn something is way wrong with Windows. And the same for MS.

Any Windows GUI changes will influence how CW products are designed. Best to be working on these bits instead of just anticipating all will be OK.

Fur Shur any intelligent hardware group should already be testing drivers on the every new build of W 10.
Jim Roseberry
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 11:46:09 (permalink)
I'm positive the Cakewalk staff do checkout Beta OS releases.

Cakewalk isn't a giant company.
They have to be mindful of how they "spend" resources.
It doesn't make sense to focus on fixing issues (bugs) with an early Beta OS release... when those fixes might break other things... and with the next Beta OS release... those fixes may (again) be broken.
It's chasing your tail...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Living Room Rocker
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 675
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 11:48:50 (permalink)
Jim RoseberryFWIW, I see Win10 somewhat as Microsoft's answer to the ever "evolving" OSX.

Hi, Jim.  Actually that was what Win8 was supposed to be with the Metro interface, correct?
Jim Roseberry
It's not a huge change from one version to the next... but rather incremental evolution (improvement/enhancement).
In some ways, I think that makes good sense.  It allows innovation... but things can more easily be reined-in and coarse-corrected (if not well received).  The OS is more easily "adapted" to circumstances...

Exactly, so Win10 has that foundation.  The functionality isn't going to change dramatically for the majority of end users, just some feature enhancements.  And if there are any audio enhancements, I am sure it would be minimal if at all.  Further, if and when Cakewalk releases the next version of SONAR I wouldn't expect it to be Win10 ready.  Neither do I expect the Win10 version (of SONAR) ported to run on a WinPhone (taking advantage of the "universal" OS platform).  No one is expecting SONAR to be controlled by voice via Cortana.  As it is, Win10 seems to be targeted for business applications.  So it is likely that the Bakers already have plans in the works for the Win10 compatible version of SONAR (if not an update to the next version release).  It has been obvious that the Bakers are working on a number of fronts as we've seen in the X3 release.  Quickly after the initial release, the Bakers already had two updates the first of which was included in the X3 download and the second readily available at the time of release (or rapidly soon after).  Since Cakewalk, like any other software company, is always looking for ways to improve and/or enhance their products, it's understandable that there are features planned for the next release and other features that are set aside for the release following thereafter.  So it is quite possible there is an overlap of R&D going on while production is moving.  Isn't that the likely scenario?

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Kind regards, Living Room Rocker
Jim Roseberry
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 12:07:21 (permalink)
Living Room Rocker
Jim RoseberryFWIW, I see Win10 somewhat as Microsoft's answer to the ever "evolving" OSX.

Hi, Jim.  Actually that was what Win8 was supposed to be with the Metro interface, correct?
Jim Roseberry
  So it is quite possible there is an overlap of R&D going on while production is moving.  Isn't that the likely scenario?

Win8 was a step in that direction.  
Win10 is a pretty quick follow-up.
Less "comprehensive" (change wise) than previous new versions of Windows.

Agreed about Cakewalk development being tested on numerous fronts (including Beta OS).
I think you're also correct in that official Win10 compatibility would likely be added via a follow-up patch.
It just makes good business sense.  Once Win10 is solidified, then you know what you're dealing with... and bugs can be squashed.  Prior to that, it's a guessing game.  Fixes may be broken with new Beta releases... and new bugs created (from the release and previous "fixes").  It's a slippery slope... where lots of time/resources could be potentially wasted.

johnnyV has a pretty common-sense point above.
If you need to be productive, why rush to throw a "monkey-wrench" (Beta OS) into the equation?
All is currently working pretty well with X3e and Win7/Win8.

It's cool to checkout new technology... but life on the "Bleeding Edge" can be a PITA.  

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/19 23:37:40 (permalink)
Given that the CW managers have a history of working with the MS dudes, I think the CW offices have multiple machines running every version of windows CW products are/will-be supported on.

I doubt the CW guys want to wait until RTM to learn something is way wrong with Windows. And the same for MS.

Any Windows GUI changes will influence how CW products are designed. Best to be working on these bits instead of just anticipating all will be OK.

Fur Shur any intelligent hardware group should already be testing drivers on the every new build of W 10.

I know quite a few MS developers in Redmond who are not on the OS . One of them has just bought a Mac in fact to develop iphone apps. As somebody said earlier, targetting a moving target is a waste of effort esp with companies with limited resources.

I think some people don't really realise that it is a mamouth enough task just to develop and test multiple builds on one OS, there is just too much work to do.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/20 09:44:01 (permalink)
I'm still on W7, but will jump  10 when it happens. My understanding is that the W10 team has a better handle on developing a "stretchable" multi-platform interface than the folks who did W8.

I'm really looking forward to W10. If Microsoft pulls it off, they'll create an environment that doesn't have Apple's iOS/OS X dichotomy. That's a big deal.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/21 10:15:11 (permalink)
(I posted yesterday and again it is not present)

I am not suggesting the CW dudes change any CW products. Testing CW products on every w10 build will result in feedback to MS about issues and concerns.

Is this not what beta testing is all about; Providing feedback about functionality, compatibility, and annoyances?

Waiting for the RTM version could be a disaster for CW, though I doubt MS will release something that does not properly support MIDI, etc.

updating to windows 8.1, from 8, can not be done if the OS is installed using a multiple license. And then the need to re-activate!  Both of these stupidities caused a few of my clients and me much wasted time. 

I learned some programs would not work with 8.1. One was QuickBooks 2007. Worked fine on w8. Not happening on 8.1. Yea, it was an "old" program, but it worked for the client. Same for some kids' games. Unhappy children.

(Having trouble with the forum software while typing this. Will not scroll the box.)
Grem
Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5562
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/21 11:14:58 (permalink)
I think what is missed here is the OP was suggesting that a "fix" be released for Win10 to solve a problem he was having. Like Karyn and Jim said, it ain't happening. For all the reasons they stated.

Is CW on top of the new OS and reporting back to MS what it finds (if anything)? You bet! They would be fools not too!

So in a sense, everyone in this thread is correct!

Grem

Michael

Music PC
i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
Home PC
AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
Surface Pro 3
Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
Scoot
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 875
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/21 12:26:57 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
As release is likely to be 10 months away (Sept 2015) and there is only a preview build I suspect developers have far more pressing issues (like X4), and by the time is gets released X5 might be just around the corner...

Or they are going to release X4 in Sept 2015 when the new OS comes out ;)

Maybe they will skip X4 like Microsoft skipped 9, and go straight to X5

HP ENVY Notebook - 15t-k100 CTO i7 -4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHZ 8gb RAM. Windows 8.1 64bit Full HD Touchscreen
Sonar X3 Producer, AAS Complete set, XLN AD Keys and Drums, TH2
Roland Quad Capture, AudioTeckina 3035 Mic and ATH-M50 Headphones.
Korg Nanopad2, WX5 Midi Sax, , Soprano Sax, Alto and Soprano Flute, Acoustic Guitar and Epiphone Dot

Scoot not scook
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/22 13:00:59 (permalink)
Karyn

Maybe they don't need to. Acid Pro hasn't been update in years and works on Windows 8.
fireberd
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2014/11/28 09:28:39 (permalink)
I finally got around to installing the Win 10 Beta.  Win 10 installed OK.  I installed Sonar X3 Producer 64 bit this morning.  It starts up OK, no errors.  I tried one of the sample projects and it loaded and ran without problems.

"GCSG Productions"
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
phineas malebati
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2015/07/24 05:48:31 (permalink)
hi guys I am using windows 7 + sonar X3 studio; my question is will it work with Windows 10 since one has to keep up with the times. please help.   
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2015/07/24 06:08:29 (permalink)
phineas malebati
hi guys I am using windows 7 + sonar X3 studio; my question is will it work with Windows 10 since one has to keep up with the times. please help.   

Maybe. You have 12 months to work this out I wouldn't rush, drivers are maybe the issue:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/computer-compatible-windows-10-can-upgrade/

Some people here reporting X3 works...

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
nitejamr@att.net
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2015/08/03 19:19:03 (permalink)
If Microsoft's pitch for Windows 10 they said that it was not Beta.  But from what I'm reading on here it seems that that was a lie.  I think I may wait for a while and see what kind of experiences people end up having with it as it relates to Sonar x3 and if the developers get the problems resolved. 
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: SONAR X3 Producer Installed In WINDOWS 10 Preveiw. 2015/08/03 19:38:24 (permalink)
nitejamr@att.net
If Microsoft's pitch for Windows 10 they said that it was not Beta.  But from what I'm reading on here it seems that that was a lie.  I think I may wait for a while and see what kind of experiences people end up having with it as it relates to Sonar x3 and if the developers get the problems resolved. 

I can't see how it's a lie it's out of beta. If you are arguing it's unstable or not working where is the evidence on this thread?
There is no doubt third party driver and software may have problems but it's hardly Microsoft's fault.
I do agree it's best to wait, it's always the same with windows releases they do come with issues, after about 6 months it tends to stabilise.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1