Cakewalk keyboard controller?

Author
QuadCore
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 219
2014/11/17 23:43:27 (permalink)

Cakewalk keyboard controller?

Hi Y'all.  So, although i'm primarily a guitar player and don't know a lot about keyboards and controllers, i'm getting a second keyboard for X3 Producer, so i'm ready for sessions with keyboard player(s).  I have a Novation Impulse 61, and i'm looking for a second 61 semi-weighted key board with after touch, Xpression pedal input.  So i thought i'd just get another Impulse if i couldn't find a better offering.  Then i started noticing some sightings of Cakewalk keyboard controllers, but they are scarce.  Are they still in production?  Is there a cakewalk controller i should take a look at?  TIA?

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Cakewalk keyboard controller? 2014/11/18 00:05:39 (permalink)
    They were re-badged Roland keyboards when they owned Cakewalk, just like the interfaces.  I don't think they sold many back then, which explains why they are as scarce as hen's teeth.  I don't know if Roland still makes the same key controllers or not, or how well they work with the post Roland X3.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    TerraSin
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1975
    Re: Cakewalk keyboard controller? 2014/11/22 00:38:38 (permalink)
    Just get another Impulse. I love mine and have yet to find another semi-weighted that compares to it. Would get another SL MKII but they are crazy expensive and I have a feeling they will have a new line soon to replace it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1