problem with dumping a bunch of clips into an archived track

Author
brian brock
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 297
2014/11/22 19:16:29 (permalink)

problem with dumping a bunch of clips into an archived track

sometimes I like to get rid of unwanted takes by dragging them into an archived track so that I can retrieve them if necessary but they don't hog resources.  I've just been having a crash when, after doing this, I un-archive the track and try to expand the take lanes.

can anyone else reproduce this?  It might have something to do with plugins I'm using or something, I suppose.

2 Replies Related Threads

mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: problem with dumping a bunch of clips into an archived track 2014/11/22 22:23:15 (permalink)
    I had similar occur a few weeks ago. I had been doing takes and dragging the audio into another track. I was doing similar with audio-MIDI conversion of these takes in the middle. At some point I hit "expand take lanes" (they were collapsed on all tracks) and it crashed SONAR. I did this twice but cannot recall the exact recipe, but could try it again at some point.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: problem with dumping a bunch of clips into an archived track 2014/11/23 04:20:52 (permalink)
    I just took a quick look at these two projects (one was audio, the other MIDI with the same workflow). After I had the crash (one in each), I shifted to Overwrite recording mode, but when I had the crashes I was in Comping mode. I was basically making a 32-bar passage in chunks during composition and was deleting/retaking each section as I went. I was working in the track itself, and splitting the clips, then shift-dragging them to another track (bouncing the data to a composite clip each time) and deleting the original for the next section. I was saving at each point of the composite bounce so lost nothing, but when the crash occurred it was on expanding take lanes. When restarted, expanding take lanes did not crash it a second time in either case, but after the second I shifted to Overwrite mode anyway.

Essentially I had recorded around 10 or so takes in each recording track, but had moved (and/or deleted) all but the last two takes from that track before I expanded the take lanes. IIRC, I had shifted to loop recording for a more complex passage (why I needed to expand the take lanes to split and move the last take). I assumed this was due to a bastardized use of the comping feature, since in both cases take lanes had data removed prior to expanding them. I am not sure if this relates to what you experienced or not.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1