Helpful ReplySonar X3 Producer upgrade from Sonar X3 Studio

Author
arvyd85
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2014/11/23 04:15:13 (permalink)

Sonar X3 Producer upgrade from Sonar X3 Studio

Hello. I am going to upgrade my Sonar X3 Studio to Producer. Has anybody done it? It would be better to uninstal Studio and then instal Producer? I have several projects don't want to lose, it will work in Producer? Or better don't do anything with Studio, leave it and normally instal Producer as a second software? Installation has detected that there is already Sonar at my pc. I would like to install it right, all I need is to refill my Studio version with all Producer features. Thanks
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Sonar X3 Producer upgrade from Sonar X3 Studio 2014/11/23 05:07:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby arvyd85 2014/11/23 06:05:12
If you are going to remove Studio, do it before installing Producer. There is no reason to keep Studio installed. On the other hand, removing it will only return something less than 200MB of disk space. Each version of SONAR installs in a separate directory but share common programs like the plug-in manager, vst scanner and plug-ins. This is why it is best to remove unwanted versions of SONAR before installing a new one. Uninstalling after a new install can result in shared files being deleted, requiring a reinstall of the new version.

There are three plug-ins which ship with Studio which are not included with Producer, DimPro LE, Rapture LE and TH2 SONAR. Producer bundles the full versions of DimPro and Rapture and a slightly larger of TH2 called TH2 Producer. Also there is a different version of the QuadCurve EQ. If your projects used DimPro LE or Rapture LE, you may need to re-install them unless you remember the programs the synths used because DimPro and Rapture are different synths. They will play the same programs but replacing the LE versions with the full versions has the same impact on a project as replacing the LE versions with any other synth. The QuadCurve is a drop in replacement. Not sure about the two TH2 plug-ins.

Aside from these issues with the plug-ins, the projects are safe. Uninstalling any version of SONAR does not touch project data.
arvyd85
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: Sonar X3 Producer upgrade from Sonar X3 Studio 2014/11/23 06:14:55 (permalink)
Thanks
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1