A rainy winter rush hour in Manhattan - miserable and beautiful

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2014/11/27 01:05:09 (permalink)

A rainy winter rush hour in Manhattan - miserable and beautiful

Today I got off the E train at 53rd and Lexington and walked into the biggest crush I have ever seen on a subway platform. Imagine the subway scene in Crocodile Dundee and double the amount of people. It was toe to toe gridlock with two directions of commuters jammed solid at the bottom of the escalator with no movement for a good 3 or 4 minutes. The crush got tighter and tighter to the point where I thought if it got any worse I would have trouble breathing. This station is bad enough at rush hour but the day before Thanksgiving - forget about it. I can't believe people aren't falling off the platform in front of trains here every day. 

It was some buzz to finally get up the escalator and come out onto Lexington Avenue. Outside wasn't any mellower - a dark, freezing rain pounded the streets as I headed downtown. The traffic was abysmal and there was a cacophony of car horns from every direction. I know some of you are going to tell me you wouldn't live here if you were paid a million dollars, and I get that, but even when it's at its most miserable I love this place. There's something about the struggle of a dark, wet and windy rush hour in Manhattan that makes you feel alive, and makes you feel really cozy when you get home. I turned around an snapped a quick photo up Lexington with my phone which I think captures the rush hour atmosphere. Ah I love Manhattan! 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

4 Replies Related Threads

craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: A rainy winter rush hour in Manhattan - miserable and beautiful 2014/11/27 05:10:43 (permalink)
    No thank you!!!  You can keep that mayhem.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    clintmartin
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3893
    Re: A rainy winter rush hour in Manhattan - miserable and beautiful 2014/11/27 08:29:19 (permalink)
    I can't wait to get back! I don't want to live there, but being from Arkansas (our largest city has 110,000 people)...I love to visit. Great pic!

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
    http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
    https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

Rain
    • Total Posts : 9736
    Re: A rainy winter rush hour in Manhattan - miserable and beautiful 2014/11/27 17:17:31 (permalink)
    Awesome pic!

NY is the only place I really miss.

I'd be perfectly happy never to go back to Canada for even just a day, or even never to leave Vegas again - except when it comes to NY.

I get that feeling all the time watching CSI NY...

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
    Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    Re: A rainy winter rush hour in Manhattan - miserable and beautiful 2014/11/27 19:25:08 (permalink)
    I'll be spending Xmas there with my lady. Love that city like no where else.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1