8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?)

Author
skitch_84
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 480
2014/11/25 00:15:21 (permalink)

8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?)

Has anyone purchased and used any of the Agitato series yet (not to be confused with Adagio)? I find it very odd that I haven't seen a single review on the Agitato series since it was released. I've searched Google and not a single publication, even those that have reviewed many of 8Dio's products in the past, have reviewed it yet. With their Black Friday sale going on, I'm considering getting the complete bundle, but without any fellow composers' opinions to go on, it's an expensive gamble. I have used the "Try Pack" they released that allows you to play around with an octave and a half of the violin ensemble, but I'm really hoping someone's used the full library (preferably all of them - violins, violas, cellos). Anyone? :)

Chris Porter
www.cportermusic.com
Listen to my original work on Soundcloud and YouTube
Get my original soundtracks on Bandcamp 
Sonar Platinum "2017.04", Windows 10 64-bit, ASUS Z170-A, i7 6700K (4.0GHz), 32GB DDR4 RAM, 250GB SSD 850 EVO (OS/Sonar/Plugins), 1TB SSD 850 EVO (Sample Libraries), 3TB WD Black HDD (projects/audio), Noctua NH-D14 Cooling Unit, PreSonus AudioBox USB Interface, M-AUDIO Oxygen49

5 Replies Related Threads

Vastman
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2508
    Re: 8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?) 2014/11/27 00:47:01 (permalink)
    Hey, Chris.... you should be looking at VI Control; actually, listening to your stuff while I was over there searching, you should join... It's all composers, lots of orchestral focus... and a quick search brought up many discussions on Agitato... I got Agitato violin's bundle to play around but still learning Spitfire's Albion series and really haven't used Agitato yet...

search here...and you can explore other orchestral black fri thingys... http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=63

Btw, still listening and now following!

Dana
    We make the future... Climate Change Music
    VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
    Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
    Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
    NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
    Vastman
    Re: 8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?) 2014/11/27 00:57:38 (permalink)
    BTW, Spitfire is doing a 50 percent off bundles Black Friday/4 day sale ... see vi control link above.... first time ever!

Dana
    VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
    Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
    Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
    NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
    skitch_84
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 480
    Re: 8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?) 2014/11/27 04:20:11 (permalink)
    Vastman
    Hey, Chris.... you should be looking at VI Control; actually, listening to your stuff while I was over there searching, you should join... It's all composers, lots of orchestral focus... and a quick search brought up many discussions on Agitato... I got Agitato violin's bundle to play around but still learning Spitfire's Albion series and really haven't used Agitato yet...

search here...and you can explore other orchestral black fri thingys... http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=63

Btw, still listening and now following!

Thank you very much for the heads up about Vi-Control. I do stumble on those forums now and then when Googling things, but for some reason none of my Agitato searches were turning them up. You're right. There were a bunch of threads about Agitato and they were very informative. 

Also, I'm really happy you took the time to check out some of my music and followed me on Soundcloud. I can't wait to get some of the music I scored for the video games I'm working on up there too. But since the games are still being made, I can't post them just yet. I followed you back. Do you have any of your own music available to listen to? I seem to only see playlists of music you like :)

Chris Porter
    www.cportermusic.com
    Listen to my original work on Soundcloud and YouTube
    Get my original soundtracks on Bandcamp 
    Sonar Platinum "2017.04", Windows 10 64-bit, ASUS Z170-A, i7 6700K (4.0GHz), 32GB DDR4 RAM, 250GB SSD 850 EVO (OS/Sonar/Plugins), 1TB SSD 850 EVO (Sample Libraries), 3TB WD Black HDD (projects/audio), Noctua NH-D14 Cooling Unit, PreSonus AudioBox USB Interface, M-AUDIO Oxygen49
    Vastman
    Re: 8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?) 2014/11/27 21:09:33 (permalink)
    Hi, Chris... yea, I kinda abandoned soundcloud long ago in favor of soundclick, so I can discuss climate change issues I focus on...Soundclick is much more like a website... see the blue links below in my sig.  It'll take you to my blog/about me stuff and/or the music... Scook just showed me how to do the short links!

Very different from your leanings and I'm just beginning to muck with orchestrals but it's all very ecological/wake up people kind of stuff...

I should fix my soundcloud and start duplicate posting there...thanks for the reminder!
    post edited by Vastman - 2014/11/28 16:52:18

Dana
    NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
    wst3
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1979
    Re: 8Dio Agitato Grandiose Legato (where are the reviews!!?) 2014/11/28 19:49:20 (permalink)
    quick review - based on owning Agitato for all of a couple of days... it is an awesome addition to Adagietto, and I think it would be a pretty cool addition to many string libraries. It sounds glorious, and is very easy to use.

And I'll second the suggestion to join VI-Control, you can learn a lot there about composition, orchestration, and the tools that we use.

-- Bill
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1