"Shortlist" feature in browser

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2014/12/06 00:26:12 (permalink)

"Shortlist" feature in browser

Having used Geist for about a year now I've really gotten to love it's browser's "shortlist" feature and I think it would be a very welcome addition to Sonar's browser. Let's say you're auditioning samples from multiple folders containing hundreds of sounds. You hear one you like, but there are still a ton left to be auditioned and you might find one that works even better. So what do you do to remember the first one?

When I'm working in Sonar, it's a pain. All you can do really is drag that sample onto a track and continue your search. Then when you find another you like, drag that one onto its own track or the same track as the first. Pretty soon you end up with either a bunch of tracks or a track containing loads of samples. And you really didn't want to import all that audio into your project. 

When I'm working with Geist, it's simple - whenever you come across a sample you like, just right click it and select "shortlist." The sample is then added to a list in its own little section of the browser. Once you're done auditioning, you have a short list which you can then whittle down to a winner. There is no other way to browse for samples as far as I'm concerned!

So how about it? Seems like a relatively easy little feature to implement, but would get a ton of use from us sample freaks. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1