Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ?

Author
markiv2290
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2014/12/07 18:44:02 (permalink)

Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ?

Anyone got Sonar X3 working with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, specifically at 24bit/96kHz ?

I'm experiencing a weird problem.
This is a brand new install of Sonar X3e Studio and newly clean-installed Win 8.1 x64, on a Socket-2011-based system with no other hardware issue.
FW card is an SIIG NN-E20012-S2 with the TI chipset using the stock Microsoft driver (6.3.9600.16384) as there is no specific driver for this card from SIIG.
Saffire Pro 24 info :
Pro24-003450 firmware version 2761, Hardware ID : 13392, PAL base : 4.1.4 (18150), FW-Driver : 4.1.4 (18150), Revision : 2853
Mixcontrol version is v3.4

Here are the steps to reproduce :
1- Fireup the Saffire and wait for the 3 LEDs to lock.
2- Open Sonar.
3- Go to Options and set the default sampling rate to 96khz for new projects.
4- Create a new project using the default template.

The problem : the project window will appear but the mouse cursor will switch to the little blue circle (busy cursor, in Win 8) and loop indefinitely. At the same time, the "FW" and "LKD" LEDs on the Saffire keep flashing in sync every 2 seconds or so.
The “Firewire driver” status in MixControl briefly but constantly switches from “In use” to Connected” and back. Also the Sample rate shows 48 kHz (shouldn't it be showing 96kHz?).

If I click on the X button to close Sonar's window, I get the confirmation message and the LEDs stop blinking on the Saffire. If I click Cancel, the busy mouse cursor comes back and the LEDs start blinking again.

Points to consider :
- The Sonar + Saffire Pro 24 combo has no problem at 44.1 kHz and 44 kHz.
- Sonar works fine at 24/96 with a Presonus Firepod on the same machine.
- Reaper works fine with the Saffire at 24/96.
- Raising the ASIO buffer incrementally from the default up to 1024 makes no difference.
- I didn’t mess with Sonar settings except :
                Preference > Audio > Driver Settings > Default Settings for New Projects  --> set to 96000
                Preference > File > Audio Data > Record Bit Depth --> set to 24
- One other thing : in Reaper when I go to Preferences > Audio > Device > ASIO Configuration, the Saffire MixControl pops up and if I click on the sample rate, the drop down menu appears with the usual choices (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96).
However if I do the same in Sonar through Preferences > Driver Settings > ASIO Panel, the same MixControl window appears but if I click on the sample rate, nothing happens, I get no menu.

I exchanged emails with both the Cakewalk and the Focusrite tech support. Nothing came out of these email communications as of yet.
Solutions, thoughts, prayers are all welcome

25 Replies Related Threads

Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/07 19:02:04 (permalink)
    I'm running the same as you.

You aren't running the legacy firewire driver in windows, which is good, it is no longer required. Looks like you are running the same version as me as well.

I recommend the following default procedure before you go any further to make sure mix control is nice and clean:
    1) Uninstall mix control and reboot
    2) Reinstall mix control
    3) File -> Restore Factory Defaults
    4) File -> Clear All Settings

Ta

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/07 19:25:50 (permalink)
    When shifting sampling modes with the Saffire, you should have any programs using it offline and change settings in the MixControl. So you only missed one step:

1. Power on the Saffire
    2. Open MixControl - adust Sample rate to 96Khz (click the arrow next to the sample rate to access the dropdown)
    3. Open SONAR - Set new project to sample rate
    4. Create a new project

SONAR will handshake with the Saffire, but it can cause the audio engine to dropout. The preferred method is to do the above. I record normally at 44.1 and just shifted mine to 96 per the above.

I do not use my Saffire for any Windows functions, so it is possible that Windows is set to the other sampling rate, and may also need to be adjusted (in Sound Card properties). It is possible you are seeing SONAR and Windows fighting each other.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/08 13:15:08 (permalink)
    CakeAlexS : Tried your suggestion of reinstalling, saddly it didn't help.

mettelus : Setting the Saffire to 96kHz in Mixcontrol before launching Sonar doesn't seem to help.
    Now about Windows 8's Sound Control Panel... I googled a little and found lots of different opinions on why one should disable any ASIO interface from the Control Panel, or why one should leave it there but remove it as the default, etc..
    I thought the goal of ASIO was to bypass all of the handling that Windows does in order to reach the hardware directly. If that's the case, then it would seem logicial to me that the Sound control panel settings wouldn't really matter...
    Focusrite tech support suggested to try disabling the Saffire from the Sound ctl panel, but it did not help.

Now after having reinstalled Mixcontrol, it's showing again as a device in the Sound panel. It might be worth a try to mess with it.
    mettelus, how do you have your Sound panel set ?
    mettelus
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/08 14:04:48 (permalink)
    I can only speak to Win7, but here is how mine is set and things I have noticed:

In sound card properties->Playback tab
    1. Realtek HD is set as the default device. I have noticed that Realtek must be explicitly set as default (meaning, with the Saffire online to specifically set Realtek as default... i.e., if it already is set to Realtek, choose the Saffire, then the Realtek (so you made the choice)), and the reason for this is Win7 can get into "pick-and-choose for the user" mode unless the user intervenes. This explicit selection only needs to be done once with both devices recognized by Win7.
    2. Selecting the Saffire->Properties button->Advanced tab on that popup -- the default format at the top is set to 24/44.1 for me and both Exclusive Mode boxes are checked. As Win7 is not in control of the Saffire, I can switch the sample rate within MixControl. When Win7 is using the Saffire, I think the bit depth may have to be adjusted here.
    For the Recording tab it is identical, with the exception that my default device is a Logitech C910.

When I first got the Saffire, I do recall Win7 interfering with MixControl, but this was a year ago, and since then I have left it set up per the above. Downside is that I have two sound systems, but I also do not power on the Saffire unless I am using SONAR. I use my machine for much more than a DAW, so this configuration has worked well for me (I do not want to send Windows sounds through the Saffire), but an alternate method is to physically cable the output of the RealTek to one of the input pairs on the Saffire if desired.

The ASIO drivers have aggregation, so multiple programs can access it at the same time (provided the sample rates match). It seems like it is "first come, first serve," so if Win7 has control of the Saffire, the sampling rate in sound card properties would have to be adjusted first (not tested this explicitly).

To your point above, yes ASIO will bypass the Windows kernel; but if Windows is using the device itself, it is "still in the loop."

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 12:43:06 (permalink)
    Okay did some testing with the Sound control panel settings.

1- Setting the Realtek integrated audio chipset as the default device and rebooting did not help.

2- But, as soon as I set the Saffire form to 24bit/96kHz under Properties->Advanced, it worked!

3- However since the Realtek is set as the default, I would think that Windows would use the default and not use the Saffire at all.
    So it fixed the problem. But it does not make any sense...

4- If I leave the Saffire device format at 24/96 in the Sound panel, I can still create projects at 16/44.1 or whatever, as if the device was indeed *not* locked to the specific format set in the Sound ctrl panel. So, why wouldn't the opposite work as well, i.e. creating a project at 24/96 with the format set differently under Sound ?

5- Last but not least... Reaper works at 96/24 no matter what is set under the Sound ctrl panel. But not Sonar ?

There are weird/unexpected things going on between Sonar and the Saffire...
    mettelus
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 13:25:42 (permalink)
    I am happy it is working for you. It would be nice if a baker could comment about this, as although the Saffire will allow any program to access it, SONAR uses Windows as the "middle man" because not all audio interfaces will do this. If Windows is using the Saffire as default, I suspect that SONAR is honoring that Windows has "control" of the device to prevent potential driver issues.

Another option you may want to try with the sound settings is to uncheck both of the "Exclusive Mode" settings on the Advanced tab. It is possible that those settings are creating a handshake in the background that may be part of the issue.

Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 18:24:18 (permalink)
    markiv2290

2- But, as soon as I set the Saffire form to 24bit/96kHz under Properties->Advanced, it worked!

3- However since the Realtek is set as the default, I would think that Windows would use the default and not use the Saffire at all.
    So it fixed the problem. But it does not make any sense...

4- If I leave the Saffire device format at 24/96 in the Sound panel, I can still create projects at 16/44.1 or whatever, as if the device was indeed *not* locked to the specific format set in the Sound ctrl panel. So, why wouldn't the opposite work as well, i.e. creating a project at 24/96 with the format set differently under Sound ?

5- Last but not least... Reaper works at 96/24 no matter what is set under the Sound ctrl panel. But not Sonar ?

There are weird/unexpected things going on between Sonar and the Saffire...

It's important to realise here that the Windows sound settings are the settings for Windows operating system and not Sonar. The device settings within Sonar are for Sonar and not related to the OS. Keep them separate or maybe experience some pain. Not only that make sure the Saffire driver is set for exclusive use in Sonar. That's why it's best in Windows to have a default sound device away from Sonar. Repear should be set exactly the same as Sonar is as well (unless you want the bitrate changed). Ideally it's best not have both Reaper and Sonar at the same time.

However I still notice mix control quite often gets out of sync with the bitrate.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 22:28:21 (permalink)
    After some more testing tonight, I have found the following :
    (BTW the motherboard's Realtek device is set as the default sound device)

1- Replaced the Saffire with a Presonus FP10 (borrowed) and the issue disappeared. I didn't even need to mess with the Sound -> Advanced -> Properties settings for the Presonus.

2- After re-installing MixControl and the Saffire, I look in Sound -> Properties -> Advanced and see that the Saffire's default device format is 16bit / 48 kHz ;

3- Unchecking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" under the Sound ctrl panel seems to have no visible effect on the issue;

4- In order for Sonar to work at 96kHz on my setup, the following combination is needed :
       a) the device format needs to be set to 24bits/96 under Sound -> Properties -> Advanced
       b) the sample rate in Mixcontrol needs to be manually set to 96kHz (before launching Sonar)
    Both a) and b) seem to be needed or else it just won't work, no matter what.

5- At that point here's what I did :
    I) Set the device format under Sound... to 24/96
    II) Set Mixcontrol to 96kHz
    III) Close MixControl
    IV) Re-open MixControl
      --> the sample rate is still at 96kHz. Lets continue...
    V) Launch Sonar
    VI) Create a project per default sample rate (96)
      --> project is created, all is good.
    VI) Close Sonar
    VII) Re-open MixControl
      --> sampling rate reverted back to 48kHz. SURPRISE!
    VIII) Launch Sonar again
    IX) Create a project per default sample rate (96)
      --> the Sample-Rate Infinite Loop of Hell is back again !!
    X) Close Sonar
    XI) Re-open MixControl.
    XII) MixControl still showing 48kHz (wrong), lets set it to 96kHz (again)
    XIII) Launch Sonar again, create a project
      --> Sonar is working again.

So once set to 96kHz, if I happen to re-open MixControl AFTER Sonar, I absolutely need to manually re-set it to 96kHz before I close it or Sonar will be going crazy again the next time.

5- The above happens with Saffire + Sonar + 96kHz ONLY.

In summary :
    Presonus FP10 + Sonar + 96kHz = no issue
    Presonus FP10 + Reaper + 96kHz = no issue 
    (the Sound -> Advanced -> Properties trick isn't even needed with the Presonus, it just plain works)
    Saffire + Reaper + 96kHz = no issue
    Saffire + Sonar + 96kHz = Sample-Rate Infinite Loop of Hell !! unless MixControl and Sound ctrl panel are manually set accordingly
    Saffire + Sonar + any other sampling rate = no issue

So what is going on here ? Alex.. or anybody else from Cakewalk?

Is anybody else on the forum able to confirm this behaviour ?

Edit : oh BTW, I completely uninstalled and wiped (including any related registry entry I could find) and then re-installed Sonar, before re-installing MixControl.
    Edit : typos, etc.
    Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:07:08 (permalink)
    You definately had no other apps open? You didn't open any apps inbetween? That includes web browsers. Cheers..

Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:09:45 (permalink)
    BTW I get a weird issue whereby Sonar has the audio engine off when I start a project and I often do get Mix control starting at the wrong sample rate. Can be a PITA sometimes. I think it's the Focusrite drivers myself.

mettelus
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:18:31 (permalink)
    Okay, I replicated step 5, with Realtek as default:

5- At that point here's what I did :
    I) Set the device format under Sound... to 24/96
    -> I left MixControl open for this step, and adjusting this changed the Saffire
    II) Set Mixcontrol to 96kHz
    ->Unnecessary - when adjusted in Win7, the Saffire shifted (even though not default)
    III) Close MixControl
    IV) Re-open MixControl
      --> the sample rate is still at 96kHz. Lets continue...
    ->Verified
    V) Open Sonar
    ->I left MixControl open, SONAR shifted it back to 44.1 (was preferences in SONAR when opened)
    VI) Create a project per default sample rate (96)
      --> project is created, all is good.
    ->SONAR shifted the Saffire to 96 (about a 1 second delay)
    VI) Close Sonar
    VII) Re-open MixControl
      --> sampling rate reverted back to 48kHz. SURPRISE!
    ->MixControl reverted back to the hardware settings when SONAR released it (44.1)
    VIII) Open Sonar again
    IX) Create a project per default sample rate (96)
      --> the Sample-Rate Infinite Loop of Hell is back again !!
    ->Saffire responded to SONAR for me (where I am scratching my head)... yes it did take about a second to "think" but shifted the Saffire without issue.
    X) Close Sonar
    XI) Re-open MixControl.
    XII) MixControl still showing 48kHz (wrong), lets set it to 96kHz (again)
    XIII) Re-open Sonar, create a project
      --> Sonar is working again.

I left MixControl open on the first run, and was a brief second each time SONAR reassigned the Saffire, but controlled it without issues (even reassigning sample rate to the already open project). Second run I closed/reopened MixControl, and there was another delay as this came online (about 2 seconds, with SONAR open at a sampling rate other than the hardware settings), but it still came online with the SONAR settings. I never had SONAR or MixControl "just hang."

The only thing that comes to mind is that the Saffire wants to revert to its hardware settings, so when things "let go" of it, it will revert to 44.1 for me (even if working in 96). If you plan to work in 96 as "default," try opening MixControl and choose "File->Save to Hardware" when set at 96. Does it still hang on you?

I am baffled by this now, as the only difference between us seems to be Win7 vs Win8.

Edit: Even Win7 sound card properties mirror SONAR driving the Saffire.

markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:23:28 (permalink)
    Nope, no other apps open.
    I even killed some running processes (e.g. Realtek audio mixer/manager) through task manager to see if that could help, but it did not.
    mettelus
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:25:10 (permalink)
    Try doing a quick "File->Save to Hardware" on the Saffire (when set to 96) and see if this affects the hang at all.

Edit: I didn't realize you were responding to Alex, I took forever typing my response!

Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:31:07 (permalink)
    +1.
    If you are getting nowhere after this I would encourage emailing focusrite support and point them to this thread. Focusrite have responded before on Cakewalk forums, they are generally very helpful and it would be nice to hear from High Wycombe HQ again.

Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:33:42 (permalink)
    Btw I was hoping 3.5 would resolve these sort of issues but they only released the new version on Mac damnit :)

markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/09 23:56:52 (permalink)
    mettelus, may I ask what are you referring to when you say "hardware settings" ?

Just tried the "Save to hardware" function, alas no change.

On the other hand I can confirm that a change to the sample rate under Sound ctrl panel -> Playback -> Properties -> Advanced -> Default Format will be reflected immediately in the Saffire MixControl.

Also I can confirm that, leaving MixControl open, it drops from 96kHz back to 48kHz as soon as I close Sonar.
    At next launch however, Sonar will freeze when creating or opening an existing 96kHz project, and in parallel MixControl (still open) is switching from 48 to 96 and back every second, indefinitely...

Default bitrate for new projects (Sonar -> Preferences -> Audio -> Driver settings) is 96kHz.
    Sound ctrl panel -> Playback -> Properties -> Advanced -> Default Format is 96 kHz.
    -- so where is this 48kHz that MixControl is reverting back to, where is it coming from ? Where is it set ?

BTW I really appreciate all the help from both of you guys!
    I did email both Focusrite and Cakewalk two weeks ago; haven't heard from either for a week. Good idea sending them the link to this thread, will do!

I will continue testing tomorrow, it's getting late now.

Thanks !!
    mettelus
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/10 00:18:27 (permalink)
    Inside MixControl, there is an option to "Save to Hardware" which I have done for 44.1 for my setup. When the Saffire is not in use by something, it seems to revert to this on its own. It seems you already tried this to no avail though.

For whatever reason, it seems that the handshake between SONAR and the Saffire is not the same on Win8 as it is on Win7. To me, this seems a Saffire driver issue, so definitely link this thread to them. They have always responded back to me fairly promptly, and even chimed in here.

markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/10 09:12:07 (permalink)
    Yesterday after my post I sent an email to Focusrite's and Cakewalk's respective tech supports.

I got an email this morning from Focusrite : they have been able to reproduce the issue on their end and are looking into it

In the interim, I'm planning to clean-install Windows 7 tonight on the rig to see if Windows 8.1 has something to do with it...
    Anderton
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/10 09:58:01 (permalink)
    markiv2290
    Yesterday after my post I sent an email to Focusrite's and Cakewalk's respective tech supports.

I got an email this morning from Focusrite : they have been able to reproduce the issue on their end and are looking into it

Good for you - that's how stuff gets fixed. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    davidt64
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/10 11:35:49 (permalink)
    This is the same  problem .I tried  to get help for. and gave up.
    must me windows 8. that"s the problem .
    Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/10 13:41:18 (permalink)
    markiv2290

In the interim, I'm planning to clean-install Windows 7 tonight on the rig to see if Windows 8.1 has something to do with it...

Great - ask them to post here! Tell them I miss 'em...
    BTW I think you will get the same with Windows 7 if memory serves me.

Cheers

Alex

mettelus
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/15 02:06:36 (permalink)
    I wanted to bump this and check how things were going.

Splat
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2014/12/21 12:46:53 (permalink)
    I've emailed Focusrite chasing this one up....  If people haven't emailed Focusrite about this yet I suggest they do it (more contact = more eyeballs).

http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Was slightly taken aback that they released a new version of Mix Control that was Mac only.

Thanks..

JoeyAudioey
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2015/01/19 12:07:31 (permalink)
    Hi All,

We have acquired some Focusrite hardware for testing, and indeed were able to reproduce the issue. 
    Without too much extensive testing (meaning at this point, I've only tried this on Windows 8.1), I was able to work around the issue with the following steps:

1. Go to Control Panel > Sound
    2. In the Playback tab Be sure "Speakers (Saffire Audio)" is set to the Windows Default Device (right-click the device and select Set as Default Device)
    3. With "Speakers (Saffire Audio)" Selected, click Properties. 
    4. In the Advanced tab, be sure the Default Format is set to 16- or 24-bit, 96000 Hz
    5. Click Apply
    6. Repeat steps 2-5 in the Recording tab, if necessary.
    7. Launch Saffire Mix Control
    8. Be sure the sample rate is locked at 96kHz
    9. Open a 96kHz project in SONAR or create a new one. 
    What we're doing here is making sure that SONAR, Windows, and the Focusrite hardware are all in agreement with one another at 96kHz. 

In SONAR Platinum, the issue appears to be fixed, such that if Windows sees the Saffire set to a different sample rate, as long as Saffire Mix Control and SONAR are set to 96kHz, the project operates as expected. 

I will certainly be updating this post as the testing continues. 
    markiv2290
    Re: Anyone got Sonar X3 working at 24bit/96kHz on a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ? 2016/04/30 13:54:20 (permalink)
    Here's an update.
    I'm running Saffire MixControl v3.7 now.
    The issue seems to have been fixed
    Thanks to all who contributed.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1