X3e - Still issues with Editing envelopes in Track View

Author
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
2014/12/19 17:39:17 (permalink)

X3e - Still issues with Editing envelopes in Track View

Even in the latest X3 version, is anyone else seeing any funky Clip Gain editing oddness? For example, at times, When trying to edit Clip Gain on a newly pasted clip (Paste is another outdated issue), sometimes the Pen/Draw tool simply does not work in the right position (over the envelope), or at all. I think the issue is, once I move the Pasted clip to a new Lane, the envelope editing moves with it, totally skewing where my cursor must be to edit the Clip Gain envelope. I have to click the Clip Gain envelope of the original Lane to add a dot to the Clip envelope of the new Lane. It's tricky. And it doesn't happen every time. I'm not yet sure what puts it into this state. 

More, You can also collapse Take Lanes, then re-open them, and the Clip changes back to Clip Mode, even though the filter shows Clip Gain mode. You have to select Clips and then Clip Gain again. Restarting X3 doesn't seem to help. It's most certainly Project related. 

For Paste, who can I beg profusely, or buy beer for to make the change allowing me to Paste to a different Lane? Paste and drag to the correct Lane does exactly what I don't want (splitting the original clip and initially leaving a gap in the audio, which I have to manually fix each time.) In other words, it takes a few more steps to place a Pasted clip into a different/new Lane. Thanks!

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.

2 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: X3e - Still issues with Editing envelopes in Track View 2014/12/19 19:03:48 (permalink)
    Everything you mention works as intended for me in X3e. If you suspect a buggy project, try starting over with a new one. This happens to me occasionally.

Envelopes:
    Try using the "Smart" tool. "Draw" only seems to work when you drag-move the mouse. I am not able to add nodes with it.

Copy/Paste:
    Are you cloning the track or using ctrl+C & V?  Ctrl+V sometimes gives unintended results. Ctrl+Alt+V lets you "link" or not link the 2 clips. So does Cloning. If you don't want them linked, make sure the link box is unchecked.

Ctrl+drag works here for copying to new take lanes as intended. I can even ctrl+drag a clip to a different track w/o incident.

Steve

Keni
    Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5769
    Re: X3e - Still issues with Editing envelopes in Track View 2014/12/19 19:36:10 (permalink)
    I've run into occasional glitches as you mention, but most of the issues were small so I simply did some easy work arounds...

But clearly, the functions and stability of clip envelopes and copying needs some serious attention.

Here's hoping this is fixed in the upcoming release! I forget which of the bakers, but one made mention (and later confirmed it) that we should see something before year's end... Of course, he didn't say which year! ;-)

Though I hope this is true, I would understand if that didn't work out...

Keni

Keni Fink
    Keni - Facebook
    Deep Space Records
    http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
    http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
    Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1