Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider (Hopefully SOLVED)

Author
Boydie
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
2014/12/20 03:50:40 (permalink)

Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider (Hopefully SOLVED)

Hi all

After hassle getting the WAVES GOLD bundle installed, which I solved here: http://forum.cakewalk.com...aspx?m=3124173&p=1

Feeling confident I thought I would buy and install VOCAL RIDER following the recent deal

Here is a summary of where everything is for my WORKING Gold Bundle and Vocal Rider (which is not showing up in Sonar)

The WAVES installer had put the plugins in: 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Waves

In this folder there was a folder called: 'Plug-Ins V9'

I needed to put a copy of this whole folder here: 'c:\Programme Files\Common Files\VST3'

In this folder I had to put the file: 'Waveshell-VST39.3_x64.vst3'

My issue is that I have since purchased the VOCAL RIDER plugin

I have copied the 'Vocal Rider.bundle' file into: c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Plug-Ins V9

However, it is not showing up in my VST scan?

VOCAL RIDER is showing up as 'Full License' in my Waves License Center

Can anyone let me know why it is not showing up in my VST scan when the GOLD bundle plugins (in the same folder) are showing up in Sonar?

Do I need to update the 'Waveshell-VST3 9.3_x64.vst3' so that it includes VOCAL RIDER? (the 'date modified' pre-dates my installation of VOCAL RIDER)

Is there a different .dll (or other file?) I need to put in the folder with the VOCAL RIDER bundle and other GOLD BUNDLE plugins?

The GOLD BUNDLE is showing up and working perfectly in SONAR so I would prefer a fix that just ensures VOCAL RIDER shows up as well

How can I get VOCAL RIDER to show up in the VST scan so I can use the VST3 version within Sonar X3e

Can anyone with WAVES VOCAL RIDER working in SONAR X3 let me know what files they have where for it to show up in SONAR

I get the feeling I just need to add/move a file somewhere but it is driving me mad
post edited by Boydie - 2014/12/20 10:30:00

6 Replies Related Threads

Gone!!
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 797
    Re: Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider 2014/12/20 04:40:35 (permalink)
    I don't know if this will help, it seems like you have done a lot of dancing around, but any way for what it's worth, I just recently got into waves plugins, I tried out 2 before I dove on deeper, on the initial install of the first 2 plugs, I altered the path for installation for 32bit to C\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins and 64bit to C\Program Files\Vstplugins, everything was fine, the first 2 work great, Then I got the Gold Bundle, CLA Classic Compressors Bundle, CLA Signature Series bundle and Abbey Road EMI TG12345 and Abbey Road REDD, I installed them, but wasn't asked where to install the vst's, then went to check them out in Sonar, couldn't find them, they weren't listed, so then I just went into the Sonar preferences and added in the location for vst's to look in C\Program Files\Waves, scanned and all good. Have purchased a few more since, and everything is fine. The only thing that is in my common files folder to do with waves is the Waveshell-VST39.3_x64.vst3 file, no folders or anything.

I would just make sure that everything was in the C\Program Files\Waves folder, point Sonar there and rescan. Failing that I guess you could also fire up the woli and un select everything, let it remove it all, then fire it up again and select what you own and let it put stuff where it want's to.

I remember reading in a few places while investigating Waves, not to change any paths, but then again I read a lot of negative things which turned out to be foobar.

Best damn Plugins I have ever used, by a long shot.
    Hope you get it sorted

[Edit - typo's etc]
    post edited by jih64 - 2014/12/20 06:45:48
    Boydie
    Re: Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider 2014/12/20 06:14:51 (permalink)
    Thanks so much

At least I have a few things to try now

I will report back...
    Boydie
    Re: Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider 2014/12/20 10:39:35 (permalink)
    I think I have solved this issue

I had a sneaking feeling that SONAR was not re-scanning the 'Waveshell-VST39.3_x64.vst3' because it hadn't "changed"

I tested this theory by renaming this file (eg to 'Waveshell-VST39.3_64bit.vst3' and leaving everything else the same

The SONAR scan seemed to then realize something had changed so it re-scanned this file and voila! - everything (including Vocal Rider) now appears in SONAR

I then changed the filename back to the original, which prompted another scan, and everything appears to be as it should #touchwood

I hope these experiences help others as t'internet is littered with WAVES installer issues but few solutions that don't involve uninstalling everything and starting again!
    jatoth
    • Total Posts : 363
    Re: Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider 2014/12/20 11:06:08 (permalink)
    I do not scan the "waves" folder where all the individual VSTs reside. I think mine is in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Waves\.  Only the folders where the shell is installed.
    C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles\vstplugins
    C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\vstplugins
    C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\vst3

Whenever I install a new Waves plug, I do a "Rescan Existing Plugins". If you don't rescan existing plugins, Sonar will not see the new ones.

HTH
    John

John

X3e Producer, Sonar Platinum, Sweetwater CreationStation i5 3.1gHz, 12 GB RAM, 500GB SSD OS drive, 1TB SSD audio drive, 1TB archive/misc drive, dual 22" monitors, Windows 7x64, SaffirePro40 (firewire), MOTU MIDI Express XT, Behringer BCF2000, dbx 586, Samson Servo 120a, Yamaha HS80M, Auratone 5c Cubes, Sennheiser HD650, Sony MDR 7509HD, Sony MDR 7506, Kurzweil K2500XS, Roland XP-30, Proteus 2000.
    Boydie
    Re: Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider 2014/12/20 11:11:40 (permalink)
    Thanks JOHN

I did try re-scan existing plugins but it didn't seem to notice a change

You could be right in that I only need the shell in the other folder (I copied the plugins so they are in both locations) but it seems to be working now so I too scared to change anything!!!!!
    Dwalker764
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Another WAVES / SONAR install issue: Vocal Rider 2015/01/02 13:00:11 (permalink)
    Hey everyone,
    I also installed the vocal rider plug in, but I can't get the side chain to work. I don't even see a box or anything to set it up. I just see the plug in. Can anyone please help?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1