My shop account and most products are gone :-(

Author
DUBTEMPLE
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2014/12/20 10:05:27 (permalink)

My shop account and most products are gone :-(

Very amateurish, and then in the the middle of busy prime-time, late december,..

My shop account is not there anymore, without further explonation, warnings, or contact, seems just taken down,. 

Only a few out of maybe 10-15 products that I have collected, over the last years, has been transfered to the new "My Account",
and now was the time I finally got a new computer for all the stuff, very soon to be ready,..

F.eks. the new DSF libraryes I bought a few week's ago are gone, Z3TA+ 2 is gone, etc. etc. almost all is gone,..

After two weeks hard time at work I thought I would use a little sparetime with the cakewalk-stuff only to discover this

Already had my share of troubles ,.. (see my other thread with the missing video's)

I will now go away for some time, and return later to se if things are fixed, probably I am not alone, I realy don't
have the energy to continually struggeling with Cakewalk, even expressing my self in a diffrent language is hard,...

How hard can it be implimenting a new system, others can do it without to much hazzle, so no good excuses

I so much regret using my money on Cakewalk product's ,..

Sorry for the rant ,... I know people are nice here at the forum ,... see you later
post edited by DUBTEMPLE - 2014/12/20 10:27:36

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: My shop account and most products are gone :-( 2014/12/20 11:27:08 (permalink)
    If you have not already done so, there is a feedback form in your Account which Cakewalk is asking users to fill out when they encounter missing items in their account. https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account will take you to the page with the feedback form.

gzappa
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: My shop account and most products are gone :-( 2014/12/21 09:27:35 (permalink)
    I have the same problem, about 15 products missing from My store account, they left me with music creator 6 and 6 touch only, what an insult. I have sent them a message but not holding any hope as in past they have never replied to any emails I have ever sent to them. Very poor. They gave me an option to upgrade to X3 for £15 but I already bought previously, I was tempted to do it to get myself out of a muddle short term, but it goes against my principles of not being ripped off. 
    Imagine if our online banking did the same thing !!!!

post edited by gzappa - 2014/12/21 09:41:57
    DUBTEMPLE
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: My shop account and most products are gone :-( 2014/12/22 03:18:13 (permalink)
    scook
    If you have not already done so, there is a feedback form in your Account which Cakewalk is asking users to fill out when they encounter missing items in their account. https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account will take you to the page with the feedback form.

Thanks Scook, mayby I will have to do this, but I expect that Cakewalk correct their failure them self, after all it
    was them self molesting an unknown amount of user-accounts, probably many, they got the data-base-backup,
    so if they are not capable of anything else they should just get started correcting them manually, one by one, and
    hire competent personal and data-experts needed be. I don't think its fair aksing people to remember every little thing they bought in a situation like this, I would more likely say, that I find it double-rude.

I actually managed to get acces to my old user-area during saturday, by many hours of work  "deep-digging" of my browser-historic long way back, and discovered that if I keept cookies, and entered the log-in page to the old shop, just where you put in your password, then you will be taken back, everything was still there, downloads working,..

So I downloaded all my stuff during most of the day, being on a slow 3G connection in my week-end-house far out
    in the Swedish woods, (becourse who knows if my account will ever be fully restored again), had to pay for 10 GB extra data during the procces. Just as importan I got a screen-dump of the account showing all products/serials etc

It showed out that I own 12 products, and at least a few of them products that I had forgot, and would not be able to claim for later, or prove my ownership for that matter. Like Gzappa says, imagine you bank did the same,...

BTW. during the week-end one more of my old stuff, (a freebie), apeared on the new account, so now there is 4 out
    off my 12 products on my new Account. For obvious reasons I have lost the trust that everything eventually will be corrected, but at least I got a complete list now, and the files downloaded,..

gzappa
    I have the same problem, about 15 products missing from My store account, they left me with music creator 6 and 6 touch only, what an insult. I have sent them a message but not holding any hope as in past they have never replied to any emails I have ever sent to them. Very poor. They gave me an option to upgrade to X3 for £15 but I already bought previously, I was tempted to do it to get myself out of a muddle short term, but it goes against my principles of not being ripped off. 
    Imagine if our online banking did the same thing !!!!

I fully agree, and feel you, maybe what I wrote above could be a little help. I never ever experienced any thing
    compared to this in any other compagny, it's a serious situation, banners on the front page and support-area
    should have been put up long ago, and e-mails send out to the users, with information and apollogy, for all,...

Far to little have been done to inform about the situation, they thread it like a non-important detail, for day's

What you say about the official support not answering I have heard before, several times, unfortunaely, but at
    least I can say that they answered me in the other subject about the missing video a short while back
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1